Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCA trips out

• 19-09-2017 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭

Would anyone know of any good places to bring a group of about 30 LCA boys on a trip out for a day in the Dublin area? Something related to technology if possible. The only possible option I've come across is Butlers factory. I don't know the area well enough to find something else they could do.

I've planned to bring the LCA girls to a beauty expo but I'm struggling to find something good for the boys to do on the same day. Any advice is much appreciated 😊

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Windmill Lane studios do tours!
    That's technology related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Google do tours. What subject is it for?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

markievicz wrote: »

I've planned to bring the LCA girls to a beauty expo
    but I'm struggling to find something good for the boys to do on the same day. Any advice is much appreciated ��
    Er, sexist much??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Er, sexist much??

Was that or a cooking expo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Was that or a cooking expo!

And again? What say you bring the students who want to cook to the cookery one and those who don't , to the other techno one . If I were a student in your class , I would kick up murder at such stereotypes . I spend much of my teaching career allowing children to follow their interests , not sexual stereotypes .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

Er, sexist much??

Its part of a Hair & Beauty module which none of the boys chose to do. They chose to do technology instead. Both subjects are offered to all students. I don't think bringing a class which happens to be all boys to a Hair & Beauty expo which is nothing to do with their coursework is beneficial to them. Thanks for jumping to your own conclusions though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

These are LCA option subjects. If the girls all chose H&B and no boys did then what can you do? I'm all for equality and fighting stereotypes but forcing it for the sake of it is not the answer either.

Surprised at such a total gender split though. There's always plenty of boys in H&B in my school.

Advertisement