Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currencyfair time to transfer.

• 19-09-2017 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I need to pay someone in the uk for a car I've bought.
    I have the sterling in my currencyfair account ready to transfer to the seller.

How long does it take for the money to reach the sellers uk account once I do the online transfer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 suevic

If you send the money tonight it should be in the sellers account by the banks close of business tomorrow. I use currencyfair every month and usually any delay is down to the bank your transferring between, currencyfair usually email me within an hour of me organizing the transfer to confirm they've done their bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

suevic wrote: »
    If you send the money tonight it should be in the sellers account by the banks close of business tomorrow. I use currencyfair every month and usually any delay is down to the bank your transferring between, currencyfair usually email me within an hour of me organizing the transfer to confirm they've done their bit.

Thanks.

Herein lies the problem, I don't want to transfer the money until I collect the car.
    That means doing the transfer on Thursday morning when I collect the car.

I hope the seller is open to me doing the transfer there and then and happy to wait for the funds while I drive away :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Director Of Finance

How did it work out. I tried tranfers to the UK this morning and it completed within 15 minutes.

Advertisement