Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pixel 2 & Pixel XL 2 Thread - - - - -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Basil3 wrote: »
    Just wish it was only €6-700. Anything above that for the specs is a bit of a joke.

Small one should be around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Anyone have small dents in the Pixel 2 XL speaker? I warranty exchanged my first one because of it and the one I got back also has a small dent in the top right corner, so annoying. google really needs to get Quality control fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

My lock /on /off button has just got stuck and isn't working any more. Not happy.

Anyone's adaptive brightness start defaulting to really dark these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Patww79 wrote: »

Haven't had that problem myself. Although I have had my 2XL become frozen after opening the camera. Neither the home of back button would respond. I ended up rebooting the phone

S.M.B. wrote: »
    My lock /on /off button has just got stuck and isn't working any more. Not happy.
    Ended up getting a replacement sorted easily enough. Really hate migrating phones. My reliance on my device for MFA purposes is a bit of a pain.

Did everyone have a Google Play update turn on battery saver? I thought I had received a dodgy phone until I read what had happened.

Ended up getting a replacement sorted easily enough. Really hate migrating phones. My reliance on my device for MFA purposes is a bit of a pain.

Did everyone have a Google Play update turn on battery saver? I thought I had received a dodgy phone until I read what had happened.

Mine switched once about 3 weeks ago and I thought I'd done it until I read the story. Hasn't happened since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭madmoe

Yes! And it's very annoying I have to say! I thought there was something up with eyes!!

madmoe wrote: »
    Yes! And it's very annoying I have to say! I thought there was something up with eyes!!

Mine is still determined to be as dark as it can. Not sure if it's a software bug or the sensor has failed but hopefully it's the former.

• Advertisement

My 2 XL has been lagging and freezing and the screen being unresponsive requiring a restart. Tried resetting the phone and opened it in safe mode without success. I tried contacting Google support yesterday and today through the phone 1800 812 105 but it's seems to be out of hours. They don't give opening hours. Does anyone know when the support is available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

1jcdub wrote: »
    My 2 XL has been lagging and freezing and the screen being unresponsive requiring a restart. Tried resetting the phone and opened it in safe mode without success. I tried contacting Google support yesterday and today through the phone 1800 812 105 but it's seems to be out of hours. They don't give opening hours. Does anyone know when the support is available?

No idea, I rang them on Thursday evening about 6 or 7 to RMA my phone, charging port has gone wonky on it so they said they would send me a new one when they received the old one back, very disappointed but such is life...

Tempted to get rid of the new one I get back to buy the Pixel 3....

Did you try contacting them through settings on the phone?

Fieldog wrote: »
    No idea, I rang them on Thursday evening about 6 or 7 to RMA my phone, charging port has gone wonky on it so they said they would send me a new one when they received the old one back, very disappointed but such is life...

I managed to contact them. I bought my 2 XL new in the UK from Clove technology. Google said I should connect them first and if I'm having a problem then come back to Google.
    Google so I should receive a replacement device with the issue I'm having. So I don't know how it'll work out. I'd prefer to work with Google on replacing the phone but they never sold the device in Ireland, so I'd probably have to get out shipped to parcel motel.
    When I returned a device to Google in the past they shipped a replacement and I pre authorised my credit card. Once I had the new device I returned the old one

P.S Did you purchace your phone from the UK? Are Google replacing it from Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I managed to contact them. I bought my 2 XL new in the UK from Clove technology. Google said I should connect them first and if I'm having a problem then come back to Google.
    Google so I should receive a replacement device with the issue I'm having. So I don't know how it'll work out. I'd prefer to work with Google on replacing the phone but they never sold the device in Ireland, so I'd probably have to get out shipped to parcel motel.
    When I returned a device to Google in the past they shipped a replacement and I pre authorised my credit card. Once I had the new device I returned the old one

Generally google only do the pre-auth when you buy directly from google, as I did with my 2xl when I had it. 5 Replacements, 5 pre-auths and eventually a refund.

Google do eventually do support if you buy elsewhere but only offer the you send us the device and we send you another option.

I sent my phone to Parcel Motel up north first day and for returns I was able to offer a irish return address and they could also send it to my irish address for the replacements. Just the original purchase had to be in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Any recommendations for screen glass repair? I just smashed mine ��

I sent my phone to Parcel Motel up north first day and for returns I was able to offer a irish return address and they could also send it to my irish address for the replacements. Just the original purchase had to be in the UK.

So if I send my phone to parcel mote in the North, how world it get to Google from there?

So if I send my phone to parcel mote in the North, how world it get to Google from there?

Nah what I meant was I ordered from Google Store first day and had it sent to the North and down to me throgh parcel motel. All the returns then I was able to handle through Ireland.

If Google offer, give them your Irish address for the return label and they will make an 'An Post' one for you :).

I can't see you being offered Pre-auth since thats like an addition of buying through Google.

Nah what I meant was I ordered from Google Store first day and had it sent to the North and down to me throgh parcel motel. All the returns then I was able to handle through Ireland.

If Google offer, give them your Irish address for the return label and they will make an 'An Post' one for you :).

I can't see you being offered Pre-auth since thats like an addition of buying through Google.

So Google are replacing my phone. I posted my phone back today with the RMA form and label. It's gone back with an post. I receive confirmation that my replacement has been shipped. I was informed it was shipped with ECX1... And I was provided with a tracking number. Does anyone know who ecx1 is?

So Google are replacing my phone. I posted my phone back today with the RMA form and label. It's gone back with an post. I receive confirmation that my replacement has been shipped. I was informed it was shipped with ECX1... And I was provided with a tracking number. Does anyone know who ecx1 is?

I believe it may be DHL express by a quick google search, not 100% though. Came up with 'Google Express Shipping' etc.

• Advertisement

I believe it may be DHL express by a quick google search, not 100% though. Came up with 'Google Express Shipping' etc.

Hopefully. I received a 10 digit tracking number. I'll check it with DHL tracking tomorrow.
    Thanks

P.S Did you purchace your phone from the UK? Are Google replacing it from Ireland?

Purchased in CW Newry, yeah they are sending my replacement to me here in Ireland....

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Hopefully. I received a 10 digit tracking number. I'll check it with DHL tracking tomorrow.
    Thanks
    It's DHL Express, next day delivery

Can anyone provide me with the Google pixel support phone number that's in their phone?
    I need to contact them directly but since I don't have my 2 XL I don't have their number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

1800 710 297

I received what seemed to be a pristine refurbished 2 XL from Google yesterday. I spend over an hour setting it back up as my backup from previous phone wasn't in the cloud. But during the process I noticed the vibration feedback felt a little weird compared to my previous 2 XL. So I decided to give it a gently shake. There was a knocking noise coming for inside the phone. Like the battery was rattling around inside. So I was back onto Google to complain and arrange for another phone to be sent to me. Hopefully the next one will have no issues. I have to say I'm very disappointed with Google's so called refurbished phone. I think this will be my last pixel. Especially with Google no longer officially selling pixel phones in Ireland, you don't get the same customer care of bought outside of Google.

I received what seemed to be a pristine refurbished 2 XL from Google yesterday. I spend over an hour setting it back up as my backup from previous phone wasn't in the cloud. But during the process I noticed the vibration feedback felt a little weird compared to my previous 2 XL. So I decided to give it a gently shake. There was a knocking noise coming for inside the phone. Like the battery was rattling around inside. So I was back onto Google to complain and arrange for another phone to be sent to me. Hopefully the next one will have no issues. I have to say I'm very disappointed with Google's so called refurbished phone. I think this will be my last pixel. Especially with Google no longer officially seeking pixel phones in Ireland, you don't get the same customer care of bought outside of Google.

They never sold either here officially.

My refurbished unit is fine so far, no rattles or weirdness thankfully, hopefully the new unit they give you sorts it out...

Sent my phone at 4PM Monday and had a replacement in my hand Wednesday evening, quickest turnaround on a replacement unit for anything I've ever seen, my backup didn't restore either as I was using a one plus for the 2 days without, but once I set the new pixel up I was able to delete the one plus backup and reinstalled my old backup no problems...

They never sold either here officially.

Thanks for the correction

• Advertisement

My refurbished unit is fine so far, no rattles or weirdness thankfully, hopefully the new unit they give you sorts it out...

Sent my phone at 4PM Monday and had a replacement in my hand Wednesday evening, quickest turnaround on a replacement unit for anything I've ever seen, my backup didn't restore either as I was using a one plus for the 2 days without, but once I set the new pixel up I was able to delete the one plus backup and reinstalled my old backup no problems...

Thanks for the hint on the backup.

After a lot of communication to Google support and my having to provide them with a tracking number that they provided me to return the so called b pristine refurbished device, I eventually received a confirmation email say another device was shipped today. Hopefully l have it Monday or Tuesday.
    I really have to get a more modern spare phone than the HTC one mini running kit kat lol

Received a new replacement phone with all the accessories etc yesterday, to replace the faulty refurbished one that they sent me.
    So far so good!

Pixel 3 will be available on the Irish Google store!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Catmologen wrote: »
    Pixel 3 will be available on the Irish Google store!
    At last! Where did you read that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Alun wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsoQGTA1SxY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Listed as one of their four new markets.

Nice of them to finally sell it in their tax haven.

It's there now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Catmologen wrote: »
    It's there now :)
    Ah just noticed it, this Christmas could prove expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Minimum €900, jesus christ...

To think it was only five years ago when you could get the most expensive Nexus 5 configuration for €400 :(

Shame the Pixel Slate isn't available on the Irish Store :(. Interested in that.

Oh well, we are getting somewhere!

• Advertisement

Shame the Pixel Slate isn't available on the Irish Store :(. Interested in that.

Oh well, we are getting somewhere!

I think I seen it's not out for about 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

4?! Jesus theyre missing out on christmas sales

That would be bad. You can join the waiting list on the UK store atm

Anyone else not get the Oct update yet? It started to roll out on the 1st but not a sign on mine yet.

I haven't received it yet.

Anyone else not get the Oct update yet? It started to roll out on the 1st but not a sign on mine yet.

Mine says patch level 5th October...

Is that it?

Mine says patch level 5th October...

Is that it?

That's the one that was released on the 1st. Mine is Sept 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

Has anybody had any luck in receiving a replacement headphone dongle from Google?

Mine has suddenly stopped working and they have offered to ship a replacement to somewhere in the UK but can't ship to Ireland. I know I could post it to Parcel Motel but trying to avoid having to pay..

I haven't received it yet.

After checking out a bit more, apparently some devices got re-enrolled in the Android Beta program so won't OTA update.

Check here: https://www.google.com/android/beta#devices

and opt out if it's enrolled and after a few tries you should get the October patch. Mine's just updating now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Random Android P thought. I find myself very much less inclined to use the recents function with the new horizontal set up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement