Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pixel 2 & Pixel XL 2 Thread - - - - -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

Besides the plug, nope should be fine. Bands are the same as the UK one. Im just trying to figure out how much the tax would be, its a lot cheaper if the tax isnt much

Yea it's much cheaper than the UK around €550 give or take. Are customs strict with address pal? I guess they don't check every package?...

Also do you lose the warranty if buying from the states?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

clansman wrote: »
    Yea it's much cheaper than the UK around €550 give or take. Are customs strict with address pal? I guess they don't check every package?...

Also do you lose the warranty if buying from the states?

I actually messaged them about warranty. They said "When you will purchase the device, the warranty will be provided only for the US. However, I'll advice you to get back to us once you'll Permanently move to Ireland. We can update the country, billing address and the payment method to authenticate your Irish account and provide you the warranty in Ireland. So, if in future any replacement happens, we will be able to ship the device to your Irish address."

Said I was moving from the US to the Ireland hehe.

Let me know how you get on with ordering! I forgot about addresspal! Really interested in the taxes, im planning on getting the 2 XL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Obviously varies depending on the state but I checked earlier and it was 65usd estimated taxes for the xl to CA. Was coming in just shy of 1020 USD for the 128GB pixel 2 XL in black.
    Gives you an idea of tax cost.

Edit: Delivery was the last week of Oct.
    Besides the plug, nope should be fine. Bands are the same as the UK one. Im just trying to figure out how much the tax would be, its a lot cheaper if the tax isnt much

Just read address pal doesnt accept Lithuim Ion batteries, be it exterior or inside the electronic device. Thats a bummer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Any idea how much you would be charged to import from the US? I've got a friend over in the US who is willing to ship me one, which works out at 740 euro which is ok. Anybody deal with customs+excise duty before with a product of this price? :)

Excise duty is on alcohol and tobacco :pac:

Goods are typically subject to customs duty (unless total cost is less than 22e) and VAT..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So looking at £800(€930 using current paypal conversion rate) for the 64GB Pixel 2 XL. Trying to buy it is like trying to get tickets for a really popular gig and then a 2+ month wait if you are successful. I guess they are trying to create the image of an exclusive device which is the pinnacle of Android but it just seems like real f*ck you to the customers.

It's self defeating. It prevented me from buying the last Pixel and now I don't think I'm even going to try buy this one.

It's hard to imagine how a global behemoth like Google can't make enough to satisfy demand and market/sell them in a proper fashion, so it's got to be a contrived shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

400GBP for the Pixel XL (only 32GB unfortunately) on CPW

Does anyone have experience with ordering from Carphone Warehouse's UK site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Rezident

Im very interested, tried to buy one but its not possible. Why does google hate Ireland? You'd think with the billions we let them off in tax every year they might at least sell stuff to us!?

How does google have more money than God yet it cant even stock its virtual shelves!?

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience with ordering from Carphone Warehouse's UK site?

Impossible, afaik. Card and delivery address must match to an address in the UK.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Impossible, afaik. Card and delivery address must match to an address in the UK.
    I think its the same for the official google store in the UK correct? Have to have a UK card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

No? Sure whats point of letting you redirect and buy from other stores then.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    No? Sure whats point of letting you redirect and buy from other stores then.

Ah your right! I read the article wrong, it just has to be shipped to a UK address a la parcel motel should work! http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v30-price-release-date-deals-796669/

If pre-ordered, might be worth it in the long run to avail of that google home mini and have the plug, 896 euro though. Still cheaper then buying off google store DE!

I think its the same for the official google store in the UK correct? Have to have a UK card?

Im pretty sure Revolut cards are UK cards

had it in my cart on UK store. ETA Dec 26th-28th, so sometime in 2018 realistically due to christmas and new year. Crazy stuff google, surprised they didn't figure out stock yet, especially after last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭youngblood

Drive to the North and pick up in store when available-
    Make a day of it!

• Advertisement

youngblood wrote: »
    Make a day of it!
    if only I was in dublin or so it would be fine. Cork to Newry is a bit far! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

youngblood wrote: »
    Make a day of it!

Is it going to be available PAYG unlocked in the north? For some reason I don't think so at all but I've nothing to back that up with :rolleyes:

Carphonewarehouse sell them sim free / unlocked up north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

no headphone jack, thats an absolute no no, the price too is shocking, they wont shift even a quarter what Samsung do,

• Advertisement

Listening to the ac podcast today mostly all about the pixel 2. Was surprised to hear there are no bundled headphones in the box. So you have to use the dongle or buy extra headphones.

If you go to reddit there are thousands of people wall to wall winge bagging about the lack of a headphone jack. And iv avoided posting about it here because I don't see it as an issue because the headphones that came with my U11 are absolutely excellent. But if there's no usb c headphones in the box with the pixel 2 then thats actually bullsh*t.

I made a trip up to Newry today in hopes of getting the original Pixel XL for £400. I'd been trying to order from the Carphone Warehouse website for the past few days, but they cancelled it every time. I set up two Revolut accounts and made the billing address match my Parcel Motel address, all to no avail. In the store, I was told they had one SIM free version left in stock, yet when the employee went to the storeroom to get it, she came back empty-handed and told me it had sold out. Now I've asked a relative in the UK to see if they can pick it up for me. Why is it so difficult for me to give this company my money? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Im not seeing anything about the free MINI when checking out my Pixel 2 from the UK Google Store. Am I missing something? Is the mini included?

Im not seeing anything about the free MINI when checking out my Pixel 2 from the UK Google Store. Am I missing something? Is the mini included?

I think you get this email when you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

I think you get this email when you order.

Did you do a parcel motel job to order the pixel 2?

I got a pending transaction of €900 for the Pixel XL 2 today on my Irish debit card. I haven't received any email about the Home Mini.

I got a pending transaction of €900 for the Pixel XL 2 today on my Irish debit card. I haven't received any email about the Home Mini.

Cal you post and let us know if you get the offer mail? I thought it was active until the end of October.

If there is no mini, I'm just going to get a Nexus 5x for €200 instead. It was the mini/google assistant integration that was swaying me toward spending more than I normally would....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭914

I made a trip up to Newry today in hopes of getting the original Pixel XL for £400.

Where are you getting the original pixel for €400?

914 wrote: »
    Where are you getting the original pixel for €400?

£400=/=€400

CPW UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭914

£400=/=€400

CPW UK

Sound thanks I must have a look

can i ask what it says your delivery date is? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Im trying to order from the uk playstore site using parcelmotel as both delvery and billing with my irish card but i keep getting verify your card. Has anyone else had this issue?If so how did you overcome it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

stevekavo wrote: »
    Im trying to order from the uk playstore site using parcelmotel as both delvery and billing with my irish card but i keep getting verify your card. Has anyone else had this issue?If so how did you overcome it?

I haven't figured that out yet but also would be interested to hear from the user that has managed it.

can i ask what it says your delivery date is? :)

12–14 December.

As for the card verification issue, I don't recall encountering that. I put in Parcel Motel as my delivery address and then I think my card showed up since it's linked to my Google account, so I just selected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Thar_Cian wrote:

When I was buying the phone I went to the more info section and it said that once you have received your phone they will then send you an email with your Promo code for the Home Mini, is that not true if buying with an Irish debit card?

just as im about to buy the black and white 2XL on the play store, out of stock. *sigh* hopefully they will be back soon :(

• Advertisement

DanC90 wrote: »
    When I was buying the phone I went to the more info section and it said that once you have received your phone they will then send you an email with your Promo code for the Home Mini, is that not true if buying with an Irish debit card?

I'm really not sure, sorry.

I think my card showed up since it's linked to my Google account, so I just selected it.
    Google suspended payments on my account pending address verification. This will be interesting ....

Ordered 2XL panda off the playstore! Excited! Just wondering what phone number you guys used? I just used the general nightline one as it wouldnt accept an irish one! Shipping date is apperantly Dec 25th, but CS rep said it will most likely be before that!

Patww79 wrote: »
    It's an awful compromise to make....

You mean colour wise? I have generally had black/grey phone, bar a blue htc one s and a silver htc one. The panda is a nice scheme all right but I’m not sure how awful the black grey is.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

the reviews for the XL2 are spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

id actually buy one of these but it seems like ireland is getting shafted :(

id actually buy one of these but it seems like ireland is getting shafted :(

Why not just parcel motel it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement