Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldborough House

Options
  • 19-09-2017 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭

What used to be the second biggest private house in Dublin, that was left by DCC to rot, has had new plans submitted to turn it into Corporate HQ surrounded by high tech offices.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dubcivictrust/status/902577907431768065

I think, if they get it finished as planned, it looks great. A real bonus for North Inner City Dublin.

is there that much space around it currently to allow for the high tech buildings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,157 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It looked like a prison to me growing up...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

What used to be the second biggest private house in Dublin, that was left by DCC to rot, has had new plans submitted to turn it into Corporate HQ surrounded by high tech offices.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dubcivictrust/status/902577907431768065

I think, if they get it finished as planned, it looks great. A real bonus for North Inner City Dublin.

is there that much space around it currently to allow for the high tech buildings?

Just to clarify, DCC did not leave it to rot. It was and still is owned privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

kceire wrote: »
    Just to clarify, DCC did not leave it to rot. It was and still is owned privately.

it was in public ownership for some time - P&T I think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It always looks to me in pictures as if the aspect ratio is wrong. Slightly odd looking.

I hope they do something with it, rather than just leave it rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

barf

If the choice is between that or leave it in its current state then the former is infinitely better.

I think it looks fine anyway and would certainly improve the area. I'm sure there'll be plenty of thoughtless objections though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

If the choice is between that or leave it in its current state then the former is infinitely better.

I think it looks fine anyway and would certainly improve the area. I'm sure there'll be plenty of thoughtless objections though.
    it isn't, you are falling hook line and sinker for deliberate dereliction.

Advertisement