Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for photos of Gibraltar point

Options
  • 19-09-2017 9:12pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bit of a weird request but would anyone have any photos of Gibraltar Point back in its heyday when it wa's more like a beach resort?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Chat to Aidan Mannion in the Record Room in Grattan St. He collects old photos and postcards.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Or maybe some of the Eccles family.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

There are some great photos if you just google Gibralter 1900s and click on images or you could put any year for that matter :]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

whatswhat wrote: »
    There are some great photos if you just google Gibralter 1900s and click on images or you could put any year for that matter :]

There's only images of a place in Canada when I do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's only images of a place in Canada when I do that.

Strange??? I just tried it again there and there are hundreds of pics. Just put "Gibralter" in Google and enter, it brings up websites, ignore them and just under the bar at the top there is the word "Images" second word in from the left. Hit that and it should show loads of pics. Good Luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

whatswhat wrote: »
    Strange??? I just tried it again there and there are hundreds of pics. Just put "Gibralter" in Google and enter, it brings up websites, ignore them and just under the bar at the top there is the word "Images" second word in from the left. Hit that and it should show loads of pics. Good Luck.

All I get are pics of Gibralter off Spain and somewhere in Canada as well.

• No photographs, but some interesting comments.

"You wouldn’t get a stone to sit on if you didn’t go out early"

"Formerly a popular beauty spot, its popularity ended when a municipal dump opened nearby"

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2016/0429/785115-100-years-in-sligo/

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

The Sligo Heritage facebook group might have something or a member that could help.

Advertisement