Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Orleans holiday.

Options
  • 19-09-2017 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just back from 10 days in LA/San Diego. Incredible holiday and my o/h is already looking at booking soon to go back to the States this time next year and has suggested New Orleans. Anyone been? Trip Advisor is saying the French Quarter is great. We'll have about 10 days to play with - is there enough to keep us busy for 10 days or would you recommend a few days in New Orleans then driving somewhere else? Just looking for ideas/suggestions at the minute.

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

New Orleans is fantastic, very different than other US cities.

A weekend is loads there.

Yes The French Quarter is the real attraction in the city, but I also believe the Garden District is worth a visit.

Outside of the city there are swaps tours etc but I'm not sure what is further afield.

But New Orleans is certainly a city worth visiting, been there twice and real hope to make it back sometime.

Advertisement