Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESL as means to live in Ireland

Options
  • 19-09-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, everyone!
    I'm a Psychologist from Latin America, but looking forward to redirecting my career path. Ireland is my top choice but seems like my current profession area (Human Resources) isn't eligible for a work visa.
    Researching I found ESL and the certifications that allow you to teach English. From what I've gathered, seems like the CELTA is the best option to settle in Ireland.
    So I just have a couple of questions and was wondering if anyone could help me with those:
    1.- Is a CELTA the best way to obtain a job as an English teacher?
    2.- If I enter the country as a tourist while I finish my certification, will I be able to apply for a work visa when I get a teaching position?
    3.- What would be the best season to apply for teaching jobs?

I also considered applying for a student visa, but masters degrees are quite expensive. That's why I'm thinking about being an English teacher as means to remain in Ireland.
    If there is any information you have to help me, that would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

Advertisement