Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bipod

Options
  • 19-09-2017 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi lads, where would be the cheapest/ best place to get a Harris bipod 9-13 swivel? Is it worth it buying from UK etc?

Also, what do ye make of the deben ones, they're a good bit cheaper but from what I've heard, they're not supposed to be great. Any truth to this?

RS

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

RS98 wrote: »
    Hi lads, where would be the cheapest/ best place to get a Harris bipod 9-13 swivel?
    No idea about cheapest, but some places have good offers o them. The price of them has risen slightly, but if you search around you'll find them for a decent enough price. Such as Uttings.co.uk
    Is it worth it buying from UK etc?
    With the current exchange rate, yes. At the moment the LM-S model is about €170 here. In the UK its £120 which is €135.
    Also, what do ye make of the deben ones, they're a good bit cheaper but from what I've heard, they're not supposed to be great. Any truth to this?
    I have both Harris and Deben and have the 6-9 model in both. I both them a month or so apart and both have the exact same features, same quality and both are still working perfectly.

Now you'll get some coming along shortly claiming they have "friends" who bought the Deben and it fell apart, or they had one themselves. Well i bought a Nightforce that was broken before i got it out of the box and that cost €2500. My point being even the best makes have lemons. Getting one is not a pattern.

Hell i bought a cheap one of Ebay for parts and the fecking thing is still working today and that cost a tenner, delivered.

The Deben is €70 cheaper. Thats a whole other bipod, or a nice bit of ammo. Cheaper does not always mean inferior, and quite frankly some people don't feel like they're getting value unless they're getting rode. A nice leftover from the boom times.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

Thanks, I'm just after buying the Deben 9-13" tilt and swivel off of Sportsden . Nice bit of change left for ammo now :)

RS

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Have a cheapy 9-13 swivel since years. Whenever a nut or screw fell off I used good permanent Loctite to keep in place. Still my main bipod although I have several Harris. One new Harris I bought snapped in half the first time I wanted to fire a shot. It was replaced no question. Generally Harris are better quality than cheaper models but most cheaper ones still work.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98

Yeah i suppose every company occasionally makes lemons, even Harris. Hopefully my deben isn't one

Advertisement