Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campagnolo Scirrocco freehub

Options
  • 19-09-2017 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭

Any Campagnolo experts out there?

I've removed the rear axle of my campagnolo scirocco 35mm wheel, but I can't get the free hub off the axle.

According to the campagnolo technical instructions, it should slide off the axle once a spacer has been removed (step no.7).

There is no spacer on the axle, and the lock nut on the outside of the axle won't come off. I'm wondering if the axle has a left hand thread on the drive side?

Am I following the correct instructions? Anyone come across this before?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/035_83_Technical%20manual_wheels_assembly%20and%20refitting_rear_hub_Campagnolo_12_12.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Have you done step 2, loosened the end cap on the freehub side of the axle?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Yes. Step 2 removes the end cap on the non-drive side. I then tapped the axle out from the non drive side and the freehub and axle comes out as one piece. (Step 6). There is no spacer (step 7), so I think I need to remove the end cap from the drive side. The axle has a 5mm hex key on the drive side, which I assume I use a 5mm hex key to secure the axle, while using a 17mm spanner to unscrew the end cap. But the axle is aluminium and the endcap is steel, so I'm assuming it's welded onto the axle as it won't budge. If I apply too much pressure, I'll simply round out the axle.

I'm currently looking up campagnolo's technical sheets to see if the end cap is a left hand tread. I'd prefer to know for sure before trying to loosen it.

Edit: think I found the answer... (it's a left hand tread). https://youtu.be/NBXsP5ygW1Y

Advertisement