Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Very Old $100 bills in Dublin

• 19-09-2017 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello!

I recently got a present of some really old American dollars, from 1996. Reading around, it seems that banks won't accect notes from this era as they are outdated, with less security features and generally bot wanted anywhere.
    Does anyone know if this is true? And uf yes, how can I change them?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

Your best bet would be to take them to your own bank and see if they'll let you deposit the money into your account. Many banks and currently exchange places generally won't accept them because they are very popular with counterfeiters, as they lack the security features to easily identify a counterfeit note, but your bank might take them if you are a customer. Otherwise, you'd just have to shop around at branches of major banks and see if anyone would be willing to accept them. No currency exchange place is going to touch 'em, I'd guess.

Advertisement