Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kabaddi

• 20-09-2017 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭

I always seeing this sport on Sky Sports but have no idea what happening or what it is

Can Anyone here explain it ???

It's the national sport of India and Bangladesh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

No idea, it's totally baffling. It's like a mix of rugby and dodge ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

You have to hold your breath saying kabadi, go into other teams half and tag one or more of their team then get back to your own half. Everyone you touch is out if you get over halfway line.

It was on Channel four years ago, proper village stuff, on dust bowls, not like the razzmatazz sky show.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

You have to hold your breath saying kabadi, go into other teams half and tag one or more of their team then get back to your own half. Everyone you touch is out if you get over halfway line.

It was on Channel four years ago, proper village stuff, on dust bowls, not like the razzmatazz sky show.

I remember that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Is it some kind of kebab making sport?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

That's the religion wot Madonna follows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Thanks to this thread I've been saying the word 'kabaddi' over and over again really fast. Try it, it's kinda fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

When I was in India earlier this year I tried to find some to watch but had no luck.

Used to love watching it on Channel 4 and was doing a comparative studies module in college in the 90s and our lecturer, who was Indian, let us watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Kinda sound like rounders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

When Channel 4 started showing it back in the 80s we briefly started playing it in school. It's like a mix of rugby and British bulldog. Great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just walked into an Irish bar here in KL and guess what's on the telly.....Pro Kabaddi....ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I was more a fan of the Sumo wrestling they used to show on Channel 4 back in the day, but Kabaddi did look like a lot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Look fierce craic

A cross between tennis and Gaelic football without any ball
    Some big units there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Remember this way back in the day as well on C4. Used to be on just before/after Transworld Sport on a Saturday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I heard Patches O'Houlahan is the national coach!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

mariaalice wrote: »
    Kinda sound like rounders?
    But there's no bat or ball. A member of one team has to go into the territory of the other team, and tag (for the want of a better word) opposing team members, while repeating/exhaling 'Kabaddi'. If he can't get back, the attacker can be captured.

It's warfare, a bit like rugby too (where you're always trying to claim territory from your opponent) except Kabaddi is in a smaller player area. What I didn't say, Tom Mann Centuria probably said better already.

Advertisement