Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help figuring out how to control two fans.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Both my headers are CHA fan.

lewis wrote: »
    This is my motherboard and I've the splitter plugged into No.16.

Can you manually control the speed from here, or just control it based on the temp curves?

Number 16 is also a water pump header so the signal coming from it may not allow for changing fan speed(i may be wrong though). Do you have an exhaust fan connected to cha_1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Number 16 is also a water pump header so the signal coming from it may not allow for changing fan speed(i may be wrong though). Do you have an exhaust fan connected to cha_1?

Yes I do.

The fans are definitely adjusting, I think I just need to tweak the temp/% curves.

Do you know if these fans can stop completely when not needed?

I don't use temp curves with speed fan so not sure how that works but if i put both the fan percentages down to zero on the SpeedFan interface then all my fans stop.

Apart from my AIO fans.

I don't use temp curves with speed fan so not sure how that works but if i put both the fan percentages down to zero on the SpeedFan interface then all my fans stop.

Apart from my AIO fans.

Yeah, I think I figured out how to do that, but I don't want to be opening Speedfan each time to stop the fans.

• Advertisement

Just minimize it and it will go to your system tray. Right click to restore and bob's yer uncle.

Just minimize it and it will go to your system tray. Right click to restore and bob's yer uncle.

Can the CPU not be automated?

I'd just change that in your BIOS. Silent, Performance, etc. Not a good idea to let your CPU overheat by changing it's fan speed much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

My last pc had a monster high-end heatsink. After 4 years of use I noticed the cpu fan was dead, not spinning at all. No idea how long it was broken for, but the heat-sink was big enough to passively cool the i5-3570k anyway.

Advertisement