Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual review question

Options
  • 20-09-2017 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭

For all you handicap secs out there.

If you get done in the annual review, does the cut become effective on 31st December or 1st January ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Good question - could make a big difference for people hoping to be on teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

Rikand wrote: »
    Good question - could make a big difference for people hoping to be on teams.

That's exactly what I'm thinking of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

It's put in for the previous year (31/12) and counts for that year in regard to cups/shields etc.
    It has to be done before the previous year's details can be 'carried forward' on the handicap software.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Are you worried about a big cutting this year russman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

backspin. wrote: »
    Are you worried about a big cutting this year russman :D

I wish !!:D No, I'll be fine, I've had a 4 or 5 normal cuts this year so there's no "smoking gun" so to speak, haha !
    Ah no, it just came up in conversation and no one seemed to be sure one way or the other. As mentioned by Rikand above it was about teams and how annual review can impact guys hoping to be on whatever, Metro, PP, Barton etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

With regards Annual review I can quite easily see a case for people getting shots back but its quite difficult to justify cutting someone.

Possibly a "new" member who has got multiple cuts and dropped a few shots during the year and still outscoring there handicap.

Advertisement