Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Repair

Options
  • 20-09-2017 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I know this comes up alot but can anybody recommend a phone repair shop in town, My Samsung Galaxy is acting up, it wont charge anymore.

I rang EIR and talked to them about it, I bought the phone online and they told me to go to the EIR shop in town and have them send it off, I could be waiting 10 days and if the phone is damaged it could cost upto €200 even though its only 4 months old.

Im sure some wizz kid could fix it I am very careful with my phone and i didnt do anything to damage it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Probably just needs a new charging port. Although, I had a similar issue with an iPhone 5C a few months back that wouldn't charge, got a little brush, (even an unused toothbrush will do) and just try clean out the charging port as much as possible, you'd be surprised how much dust and crap gets stuck in there and that fixed it for me. I'd say try a few different chargers if you haven't already to see if it is the port or not. If the brush fails, bring it into iRepair or the guy down the back of Funk It, used both for screen replacements and was happy with the job on each. Much cheaper than €200 and will be done within the hour usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Make sure it's not a gathering of dust/fluff in the port. Use compressed air and/or a pin to give it a good cleaning. My HTC was playing up and I pulled a fair bit of fluff out of the port that I didn't even realise was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I gave it a quick blast first with a hair dryer, I blew into it, I gently put a pin in around it, I used a tooth brush, it initially said moisture in port but i hadnt got it anywhere near water it charged on and off till a few days later it just stopped charging, I googled it and there is an issue with that. I found i had an old Samsung Galaxy S3 and it works fine, Im just angry that the phone is only 4 months old, I had an otter case on it and i am very careful with my stuff ive never broken a phone before screen water etc so its annoying that it should fail like this from daily use. I've tried several chargers.

I ended up going into EIR in city square to have it sent away, I wont be paying for a repair as it was not my fault or anything i did, its a false economy to pay 200 on a repair for a phone that cost me 110 they shouldnt brake that easy.

Thanks for the suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I gave it a quick blast first with a hair dryer, I blew into it, I gently put a pin in around it, I used a tooth brush, it initially said moisture in port but i hadnt got it anywhere near water it charged on and off till a few days later it just stopped charging, I googled it and there is an issue with that. I found i had an old Samsung Galaxy S3 and it works fine, Im just angry that the phone is only 4 months old, I had an otter case on it and i am very careful with my stuff ive never broken a phone before screen water etc so its annoying that it should fail like this from daily use. I've tried several chargers.

I ended up going into EIR in city square to have it sent away, I wont be paying for a repair as it was not my fault or anything i did, its a false economy to pay 200 on a repair for a phone that cost me 110 they shouldnt brake that easy.

Thanks for the suggestions

If they come back and say they are going to charge you for the repair, refuse it get the phone back and give it into iRepair. They fix Samsung's and I 100% vouch for them. Wouldn't send my phone anywhere else.

I actually got it fixed for free, but i have to say ive heard so many people have this problem with the samsung s7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I actually got it fixed for free, but i have to say ive heard so many people have this problem with the samsung s7

Good to hear! That was a fast turn around for eir to get it back to you, when I sent mine off it was nearly 2 weeks before I got it back :D

Yeah it was 7 days or so

Advertisement