Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of ownership and various docs

Options
  • 20-09-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hiya,

It's been a long road full of obstacles (11 months from sale agreed to drawing down the mortgage and getting the keys!) but we're finally moved into our home.
    The whole time, my solicitor was less than satisfactory - I would certainly not recommend him to anyone - but we got there in the end.

My question is what kind of documents should I be getting? I asked him two weeks ago to send me a copy of my file, including all the research he did, and I still haven't received anything.
    I've also no proof of ownership whatsoever. Is the deed with the bank or the solicitor?

Any advice would be welcome.
    Thanks!
    Maud

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You could spend 5 euro and check the land registry to ensure you've been registered.

https://www.landdirect.ie/

I should have done this when I bought my first apartment as my solicitor didn't register me and I've had nothing but pain trying to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

The deeds will stay with the bank for as long as the mortgage exists as far as I know.

On a more practical side, if you need Proof of ownership, your solicitor can issue a letter stating that you're the owners of property x from date y on. Worked for us to do all our business with it.

Advertisement