Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Anyone?

Could you not find the security you wanted to trade on Degiro by searching the ISIN or Ticker?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone?
    What ya looking for? Itried a few and can see all these when i search
    https://www.londonstockexchange.com/indices/ftse-aim-100-index/constituents/table?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

dotsman wrote: »
    Nope. Just you I'm guessing!

It's probably money deposited to the wrong account. I'd far them off an email on Monday if it hasn't been corrected.

Appears to be a common issue across a number of accounts. Darn, I thought I was onto a winner without even knowing it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/eupersonalfinance/comments/htd0fi/degiro_morgan_stanley_gbp_liquidity_fund/?depth=5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

heffo500 wrote: »
    Could you not find the security you wanted to trade on Degiro by searching the ISIN or Ticker?
    No maybe I'm doing something wrong, the company is Eenergy (EAAS) but I cant find it tru degiro

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What ya looking for? Itried a few and can see all these when i search
    https://www.londonstockexchange.com/indices/ftse-aim-100-index/constituents/table?lang=en
    I'm looking to buy Eenergy group

• Advertisement

I'm looking to buy Eenergy group

Yeah I'm not seeing that either for some reason, I can see it trading on the Frankfurt exchange if it's any good to you

Yeah I'm not seeing that either for some reason, I can see it trading on the Frankfurt exchange if it's any good to you
    can I buy them there tru degiro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

crushproof wrote: »
    Appears to be a common issue across a number of accounts. Darn, I thought I was onto a winner without even knowing it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/eupersonalfinance/comments/htd0fi/degiro_morgan_stanley_gbp_liquidity_fund/?depth=5

It looks like it is only impacting those with the GBP fund. That explains why my account (and a friend I was talking to when I saw your post) were not impacted. I only deal in EUR & USD.

can I buy them there tru degiro

Yes, looks like you can. It has traded from a low of 3c to 9c in the last 12 months, currently around 7c. Any particular reason you want to buy this?

Yes, looks like you can. It has traded from a low of 3c to 9c in the last 12 months, currently around 7c. Any particular reason you want to buy this?
    I think their strategy is a no brainer and simple.

• Advertisement

I think their strategy is a no brainer and simple.

From a quick look I just see waffle.

ABOUT US
    We take a data driven and digitised approach to energy projects to ensure transparency and trust for our customers.

Our focus is to enable schools and businesses to reduce their energy consumption through “Energy as a Service”, which we do by funding and delivering energy efficiency upgrades in exchange for a monthly fee, funded by the energy savings. This requires no capital investment.

We are expanding into energy management services, so that we can provide our customers with a competitive switch to green energy and ongoing transparent management of their energy supply.

eEnergy intends to consolidate the energy services sector through strategic acquisitions and further investment in technology.

What have you found so compelling about a digitised approach?

From a quick look I just see waffle.

ABOUT US
    We take a data driven and digitised approach to energy projects to ensure transparency and trust for our customers.

Our focus is to enable schools and businesses to reduce their energy consumption through “Energy as a Service”, which we do by funding and delivering energy efficiency upgrades in exchange for a monthly fee, funded by the energy savings. This requires no capital investment.

We are expanding into energy management services, so that we can provide our customers with a competitive switch to green energy and ongoing transparent management of their energy supply.

eEnergy intends to consolidate the energy services sector through strategic acquisitions and further investment in technology.

What have you found so compelling about a digitised approach?
    time will tell which of us is right

time will tell which of us is right

???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

cromelex wrote: »
    They do internalise trades, meaning that if another Degiro customer puts on a sell order at 42 or below, that could get executed without ever showing up as having been at that price on the exchange (where every price gets recorded publicly).

That is nuts if true! So whats stopping me from putting a buy order on 500 different stocks at 10% below the market rate just to catch someone else's sell order? This really knocks my confidence in Degiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DollarBill0000

Is it possible to buy call options on BOI on Degiro?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I've used trading 212 up to this point and will continue with that as my main account but I've set up degiro for a few more options. Should I select basic or custody account? I will not be day trading or using leverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

robman60 wrote: »
    I've used trading 212 up to this point and will continue with that as my main account but I've set up degiro for a few more options. Should I select basic or custody account? I will not be day trading or using leverage.

Custody is if you don’t want DEGIRO to lend your securities to make money (they obviously do it with collaterals and very limited risk, but still you might not like that). Pricing is the same except higher fees on the ISEQ and processing fees for dividends (not great if you are planning to buy and hold high dividend stocks).

Basic is slightly fewer fees (as per above) and perhaps more importantly gives access to more financial instruments (one exemple: most commodity based products are not available with Custody, meaning you might have problems to find the precious metal ETFs you are looking for unless you go for a Basic profile).

If you change currency conversion on Degiro from automatic to Manual (it costs more to transact) does it show up as a USD balance... how do you then convert to base currency?

I setup my new cash account with Degiro today (as opposed to the Degiro Dutch account we used to lodge to). Sent a transfer from AIB there before lunch to see how long it will take until the funds are cleared. It's a German IBAN. Lodging to the Dutch account had become a same day thing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

I wonder why Degiro can let you top up your account via Card Payments or Paypal

• Advertisement

I setup my new cash account with Degiro today (as opposed to the Degiro Dutch account we used to lodge to). Sent a transfer from AIB there before lunch to see how long it will take until the funds are cleared. It's a German IBAN. Lodging to the Dutch account had become a same day thing for me.
    Sent the cash at 2:30, could buy shares when I checked at 5:30. No email from Degiro notifying me so many have been quicker than that

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Does anyone see an issue with granting DEGIRO the following "I grant an irrevocable power of attorney to DEGIRO to debit the Cash Account with flatex Bank AG for the purposes of securities transactions, custody and administration of my DEGIRO account, including compensations for DEGIRO"?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

spuddy wrote: »
    Does anyone see an issue with granting DEGIRO the following "I grant an irrevocable power of attorney to DEGIRO to debit the Cash Account with flatex Bank AG for the purposes of securities transactions, custody and administration of my DEGIRO account, including compensations for DEGIRO"?

Out of context is sounds iffy....

One would want to know under what circumstance it becomes void, since you don't have the right to revoke it.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Jim2007 wrote: »

One would want to know under what circumstance it becomes void, since you don't have the right to revoke it.

I don't like it either.... seems the new German owners of DEGIRO are trying to encourage people to move from MMF to cash accounts.
    "...when you became a client of DEGIRO, you gave a standing order to invest your uninvested money into a Money Market Fund (MMF). This setup will now be replaced with a Cash Account in your name at our partner flatex Bank, a Germany-based regulated bank....

...With the new setup, your money will be held in a segregated personal bank account with a unique IBAN. This means your money is then also guaranteed up to €100,000 (per individual) as the relevant German Deposit Guarantee Scheme applies. Your new Cash Account will be directly connected to your existing DEGIRO investment account.

...With the introduction of the Cash Accounts, we will gradually end the MMF solution for holding uninvested money."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

spuddy wrote: »
    I don't like it either.... seems the new German owners of DEGIRO are trying to encourage people to move from MMF to cash accounts.

All that means is that instead of your money being held in a cash fund (that is currently losing money and losses are reimbursed by DeGiro) it will be held in a bank account. I don't see what you don't like about it. Personally I am glad they are making the change. The MMF reimbursement is a pain. Your balance decreases every day. If you want to use it to buy shares you have to transfer the reimbursement back to your own current account and then transfer it back to DeGiro which will take a few days. The bank account will be less of a pain in the ass.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Jim2007 wrote: »

They can currently do the exact same with any money you have in the MMF so what is the difference?

All that means is that instead of your money being held in a cash fund (that is currently losing money and losses are reimbursed by DeGiro) it will be held in a bank account. I don't see what you don't like about it.

It certainly does not. There is not need to use an irrevocable power of attorney to achieve this, so why use one? And if you disagree with them, how would you go about them continuing to take an action you dispute in such circumstance.

They can currently do the exact same with any money you have in the MMF so what is the difference?

Can you provide the working of the contract? And again why is it needed and how does it become void? Giving anyone a legal irrevocable power is not something you should do lightly...

What do other brokerages do with cash you have sitting with them? Do they setup a cash account for you and if so what are the charges? Or is it sitting in their bank account (in which case they have power of attorney over the cash anyway)?

• Advertisement

What do other brokerages do with cash you have sitting with them? Do they setup a cash account for you and if so what are the charges? Or is it sitting in their bank account (in which case they have power of attorney over the cash anyway)?

If the cash is sitting in an account under their control they don't need a power of attorney.....

This is the first time I have heard of a broker needing an unrecoverable power of attorney to do what other agents and banks do under their standard T & C....

Advertisement