Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Is degiro down for anyone else? Can't login on app or laptop

Working fine for me (@15.30)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

Working again fine, wasn't down for too long

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭One More Toy

When are they ever going to add US options so degenerates like me can gamble?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Anybody know how to change account back to basic? I changed it recently to active, but it's given me ability to trade on margin, something which I don't really want to have.

daheff wrote: »
    Anybody know how to change account back to basic? I changed it recently to active, but it's given me ability to trade on margin, something which I don't really want to have.

There are two account types as far as I know. Custody and Margin.

If you go Custody you cannot change to Margin (you can transfer your portfolio to Margin, will take 3-5 days and cost €7.50 per position). I'm sure there is a click of a button option, but they say no.

You may possibly be able to do the reverse. They prefer Margin accounts as they will earn money from loaning your shares.

If you have a Margin account I'd presume you always had one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Where is the button to click to find annual reports of holdings?

(not lists of annual transactions)

Is it under Activity?
    Orders
    Transactions
    Account statements
    Reports

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Geuze wrote: »
    Where is the button to click to find annual reports of holdings?

(not lists of annual transactions)

Is it under Activity?
    Orders
    Transactions
    Account statements
    Reports

Under activity/reports, and then at the top of the page.

But if you are a new customer and have never been through a year end with the account, there report won’t be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Bob24 wrote: »

But if you are a new customer and have never been through a year end with the account, there report won’t be there.

Is there a tab that shows profit and loss for the month... Can find the trades but not showing p&l

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

Can anyone tell me what are sprinters and turbos ?
    I just have a basic account on degiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Under Activity>Reports, I see:

Annual Tax Report Addition 2020
    Annual Report 2020
    Annual Costs and Charges Statement - 2019
    Annual Tax Report Addition 2019
    Annual Report 2019
    Annual Costs and Charges Statement - 2018
    Annual Tax Report Addition 2018
    Annual Report 2018
    Annual Tax Report Addition 2017
    Annual Report 2017

These do not list my holdings?

• Advertisement

What exactly are you looking for? Your holdings on a specific date?

If so, just export your portfolio to excel (or csv or pdf etc). On the export option, it will ask you for the date, and will export your portfolio as it stood on that date.

Annual Tax Report Addition 2020
    Annual Report 2020
    Annual Costs and Charges Statement - 2019
    Annual Tax Report Addition 2019
    Annual Report 2019
    Annual Costs and Charges Statement - 2018
    Annual Tax Report Addition 2018
    Annual Report 2018
    Annual Tax Report Addition 2017
    Annual Report 2017

Ah sorry I misread your question.

I think this should give you what you are looking for:
    - in the App, go to the Portfolio tab
    - On the top-right, you should have a download icon (an arrow pointing down at an horizontal line)
    - If you click on the icon you can select a date and then click on the PDF, CSV, or XLS button
    - you should get a file with a simple list of your holdings as of the date you have selected

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Hi all, having trouble finding a concrete answer to this question - does anyone know when degiro charges connectivity fees ? My understanding it is 2.50 per stock exchange you are invested in? Is the amount deducted as soon as you make an initial investment or deducted on a certain date each year ?

Is there a tab that shows profit and loss for the month... Can find the trades but not showing p&l

If there is, I don't know how to access it, sorry :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Kremin wrote: »
    Hi all, having trouble finding a concrete answer to this question - does anyone know when degiro charges connectivity fees ? My understanding it is 2.50 per stock exchange you are invested in? Is the amount deducted as soon as you make an initial investment or deducted on a certain date each year ?

For 2021 they charged me €2.50 per exchange on 31/1/2021.
    For 2020 they charged me €0.93 on 1/5/2020, €1.41 on 1/6/2020 and €0.16 on 1/7/2021.
    My first investment was in April 2020 so that could be the reason for the weirdness in 2020.

If there is, I don't know how to access it, sorry :-/

I'll keep looking thanks

Having a nice lunch yesterday was rudely interrupted by a email from Degiro informing me of a margin call on my account... Ruined my lunch i can tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Having a nice lunch yesterday was rudely interrupted by a email from Degiro informing me of a margin call on my account... Ruined my lunch i can tell you

Care to share the process? How close was the "Available to trade" to €0?

Do they give you a few days to lodge more money or sell the shares you want, or is there some algorithm that decides what shares get liquidated?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Shedite27 wrote: »

Do they give you a few days to lodge more money or sell the shares you want, or is there some algorithm that decides what shares get liquidated?

Happened to me previously as well when they lowered the rating of some of my shares at the same time.

Think it was 2 days to lodge money or they would sell shares, didn't say which shares. I would imagine the shares Degiro rate lower get sold first as to sell the higher rated shares would have a knock on effect of severely lowering your margin.

The available to trade was below zero, think it was 20/30 quid under when it was triggered.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Here's what they sent me

Your DEGIRO account has a negative free scope of 3,611.58 EUR.

Please clear the deficit immediately. If you have not cleared this deficit before 30-06-2021 16:00 CE(S)T. DEGIRO will close positions on your behalf and create a positive free space. DEGIRO charges costs for this.

If the Risk is equal to or higher than 125% of the Net Liquidation Value, DEGIRO provides a 1-hour deadline to resolve the deficit. If you have not cleared this deficit within the deadline, DEGIRO may decide to close positions in order to eliminate this deficit and create a positive free space. DEGIRO charges costs for this

What really pissed me off is when I rang them they said sorry that was a mistake

" Thank you for your call.
    I confirm that the email that you received today, previous to this call regarding a margin call, can be ignored. At the time of this email your free space is not negative and there is no need for us to close some of your positions.

We apologize for the inconvenience. "

• Advertisement

Wow, what volatile shares are people margin trading on and to what margin? (and what proportion of your overall portfolio are we talking about?)

dotsman wrote: »
    Wow, what volatile shares are people margin trading on and to what margin? (and what proportion of your overall portfolio are we talking about?)

The thing is I'm not margin trading I'm just day trading buying and selling... it was there mistake which they admitted

The thing is I'm not margin trading I'm just day trading buying and selling... it was there mistake which they admitted

That's very strange (and frightening!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

For some months Degiro did not update any Bank of ireland s.p. changes until evening.
    They have now reverted to the old way with relatively up to the minute data.
    you can also see what the bid offer prices are, this was absent for along while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Does anyone know how often the cash reports are updated? Last one I have is up to end of April

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

transfered money from Bank of ireland this morning. its in de giro now

used be next day

Degiro mentioned being able to trade pre and post market hours. Anybody try it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭jams100

I saw it yea, but it said extended trading hours were 07:00 to 21:00, I guess that means only extended hours for sone European stock markets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Sorry for the newbie question but I havent been able to find the information online. I registered for an account a while back and never went back to complete it.

I went in this week to finish the process and they have asked for my ID, front and back of passport but only allow one file upload. I have tried uploading one of each side and also combining the images into 1 file but with no joy, I've emailed them but heard nothing, anybody got any tips?

Advertisement