Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Yes just getting a loading icon on mobile and desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Pull your finger out DeGiro, I want to see how much money I've lost so far today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Down for me as well (app and website) at the moment.

It was working fine 45 minutes ago when I checked it (was up 0.6% 😀)

Reason for outage seems like BS to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Today was the start of Commission free trading. Every Johnson with an account is probably trying to "trade" today.

Nice one Degiro, don't bother adding any extra capacity before the announcement 🤷‍♂️

It's back up again (and I'm now down 1.5%😭)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

doesn't instill much confidence does it? You would nearly prefer if they said "We've been brought down by a giant hack attempt"

Edit: Back up for me as of 5:47pm. Crisis averted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Still down for me unfortunately, maybe they want to save me from my daily losses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

Is there anyway to see profits/losses on buying and selling shares for the year to date so far?

• Advertisement

At the end of the year, you will get an annual report which will have all the details you need. If you need that info before then, then you will need to export the relevant data to spreadsheets and do your own analysis. On the portfolio screen, you can click on export and export your portfolio as it stood on a certain date. You can also go into Activity -> transactions, put in your criteria and then export the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Any sign of the annual report for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Actually, probably less related to Degiro and more a general taxation question:

I transferred positions out from Degiro to another broker in Sept. These are now showing in my annual report as sales, generating a good chunk of profit.

I didn't sell the shares, I only requested they transfer to another broker. Wondering would revenue see these as Degiro do, or am I ok until I actually sell these later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Anyone ever have issues transferring money to their DeGiro account? I tried to transfer a lump sum but it just got returned to my account without any explanation.

They changed the system in the last 6 months or so. You now have your own bank details that you transfer the funds to. Maybe you haven't updated this on your online banking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I've been transferring money to my DeGiro account almost monthly since around March of this year. The last time was less than two months ago so if it happened 6 months ago I guess it would have bounced back last time, no?

Hm, not so sure then. I transferred money in 2 weeks ago without any trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭fael

The Dutch Central Bank put some restrictions on DeGiro, requiring them to keep aside extra capital. The reason is poor security and poor redundancy of their IT systems.

The original article is on FD.nl is behind a paywall, but the tech website tweakers.net has an article on it today. It's in Dutch (DNB grijpt in bij beleggingsplatform DeGiro vanwege langdurige IT-problemen - IT Pro - Nieuws - Tweakers), but here is a translation:

DNB intervenes at investment platform DeGiro due to prolonged IT problems

- 15-12-2021 09:42

The Dutch Central Bank has imposed a capital requirement of more than 3 million euros on the online broker DeGiro this year because of high risks of the ict platform. This is what Het Financieele Dagblad writes. According to DNB, the ict systems were insufficiently protected against crashes and hacks.

That there have been problems with the systems of DeGiro for a long time. This is one of the largest investment platforms in the Netherlands. According to former employees that the FD spoke to, the problems with the ict-systems had already been addressed earlier. Last February the Dutch Central Bank urged improvements in a risk analysis and imposed an extra capital requirement on the company behind DeGiro. DNB wrote at the time about poor digital security, which increased the risk of client accounts being hacked.

According to employees, the core of the problem lies in the design of the ict system. According to them, there was systematically too little investment in the infrastructure. In order to compete with banks on price, the costs of ICT had to remain low. According to the former employees who spoke to the FD, this was at the expense of security and stability. Meanwhile the platform grew explosively to 1.9 million users and was taken over by a German parent company. That has invested heavily in the ict problems over the past six months, it tells the FD. It speaks of "legacy issues" with which "good progress" has been made.

On November 22 DeGiro improved the security, which led to chagrin among clients because the investment platform was not accessible to clients from 15.00 to 20.00. Some clients say they missed out on returns. Some clients claim to have missed out on returns because of the update. Investment orders had to be sent by mail, DeGiro advised at the time.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Anyone know how to sell calls on DeGiro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fred432

Anyone know how to stop all the notifications popping up on screen when an order is executed. These can take a while and delay getting the sell order in!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JaimeLannister

Has anyone purchased US shares this month and been charged the 0.50 transaction fee under a different name?

From DeGiro's song and dance before xmas about going zero-commission on US exchanges, I thought they were changing the fees per transaction from 0.50 plus 0.10% FX fee, to 0.00 plus 0.25% FX fee which seemed fair enough and would probably average out to be much the same for the kind of monthly purchases i make.

But i've continued to be charged 0.50 per transaction this month, and per pg.7 of their Fee schedule it seems like there is a new "execution fee" of 0.50 per transaction. So rather than going zero-commission it looks to me like fees will actually have increased for us in Ireland, and should be called "zero-commission plus new execution fee in line with previous commission" which is a little annoying.

Or am i missing something here?

Anyone know how I can view my performance % wise month per month?

I want to see how my portfolio changes over time.

Anyone having login problems with degiro today?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

yep cant login on phone app or internet. was working grand earlier for me was logged in about 230 for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

and a day by the looks of it where you really want access to your account

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Back for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

What is the guarantee amount, if they collapse ?

I suspect it's less than 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 JimmyKane

Theres a warrant I’m interested in buying but can’t find it on DEGIRO….anyone got a solution? I emailed them but no response yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I use Interactive Brokers for this reason, much wider selection

Advertisement