Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin bus lanes - free for all!

Options
  • 20-09-2017 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I walk down & back through the quays every morning for work and bus lanes signs seem to be an advisory that people ignore; in the last 12 months i've only seen 1 person getting a ticket - did see a guard direct people out of the new bus lane on bachelors walk last week but i think that was more educational effort as didn't see any tickets.

What really annoys me about it that law abiding people have to sit there but others who think they are above the law get away scott free; to the point to ask yourself what the point.
    Why doesn't DCC doing this as well - what is the reason they don't enforce these lanes with cameras? Surely there is public support so I just don't understand why they wouldn't

Can't be cost as looking at manchester (city of a comparable size to Dublin); they rake in nearly 11K a day on bus camera fines so the cost couldn't be viable reason as the system would pay for itself (a number of times over i expect).

Am i missing something?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Little Mc

I walk down & back through the quays every morning for work and bus lanes signs seem to be an advisory that people ignore; in the last 12 months i've only seen 1 person getting a ticket - did see a guard direct people out of the new bus lane on bachelors walk last week but i think that was more educational effort as didn't see any tickets.

What really annoys me about it that law abiding people have to sit there but others who think they are above the law get away scott free; to the point to ask yourself what the point.
    Why doesn't DCC doing this as well - what is the reason they don't enforce these lanes with cameras? Surely there is public support so I just don't understand why they wouldn't

Can't be cost as looking at manchester (city of a comparable size to Dublin); they rake in nearly 11K a day on bus camera fines so the cost couldn't be viable reason as the system would pay for itself (a number of times over i expect).

Am i missing something?

Irish judges would find some arcane way of dismissing all the tickets, that's how they roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

Little Mc wrote: »

Am i missing something?

Irish judges would find some arcane way of dismissing all the tickets, that's how they roll.

Bus lane cameras work well in Belfast. Almost no cars ever in the bus lanes.
    The way it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

Little Mc wrote: »

Don't see any distinction between speed cameras and lane cameras

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mod: This thread would be better in the motoring section.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement