Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late night cafes

Options
  • 20-09-2017 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Do you think there might be a reason there aren't many if any late night cafe's?

It would be nice to have somewhere social to go that doesnt revolve around the demon drink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Do you think there might be a reason there aren't many if any late night cafe's?

It would be nice to have somewhere social to go that doesnt revolve around the demon drink.

Unfortunately I think it's because the number of drinkers highly outweigh the non so there's not enough money in it. Would be nice to have more though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I fully agree. I have a friend who is not a big drinker and when we meet for something to eat in Dublin City centre we have few/no options for going for a coffee afterwards. It's a disgrace in my opinion. Far too much revolves around pubs and alcohol in this country.

I have a distinct feeling that there is the demand for a few of these in Dublin at least, but vested interests are keeping them from operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You can get a coffee in most pubs now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

NIMAN wrote: »
    You can get a coffee in most pubs now.

Sure, but pubs are primarily for drinking alcohol and for recovering alcoholics (myself included) this is simply not a safe or viable option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Hotels? Buy a coffee in the bar/restaurant of the hotel and sit in the foyer, some of the hotels have lovely foyer/reception areas with open fires etc.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

The vintners won’t allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The vintners won’t allow it.

If there was a demand then the coffee shops would stay open later, it's not like it'd cost them much to do as it'd just require 1 staff member all the other costs are already covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

6 people sitting around a coffee each for 2 hours is not going to pay the bills

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

There are now many wine bars where one can have a coffee or even tea after nor mal cafe hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

I called into Starbucks on Stephens Green late one evening last year. Not particularly pleasant but it did provide coffee and a cake.

• Advertisement
Advertisement