Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

needing help!!!!

Options
  • 20-09-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys so ive only started up a photography business a while back and it has bein going ok, any jobs ive done so far people are really happy with all there photos..

my last job however was my first function room event (retirement party) and it was after 8pm at night, my camera was havin trouble focusing as it was quiet dark in there and it seems as alot of the photos have come out either a bit blurry or with a lot of noise, im not happy with the photos even after trying to fix them in photoshopand i know the client wouldnt be either....

my question is how would you go about trying to please the client? should i just tell them what happened and offer a full refund? or do you guys know of any other methods to fix the problems ive listed? im just lost as to what to do now any help would be awesome!!!

I was also thinking as only some are like this that i could offer a reshoot to the guy that retired as its mainly some of his family pics that are out of focus.

chris

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

chrisc77 wrote: »
    my question is how would you go about trying to please the client? should i just tell them what happened and offer a full refund?
    if the photos are badly out of focus, there's not much you can do. full refund if you didn't deliver what you were paid to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chrisc77

tnx magic, ye im thinkinto maybe offer them the option of a reshoot for the guy that retired as its mainly his family shots that are crappy but the actual presentation photos are fine

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I take it you have all your insurance in place?

Some may not just accept a refund and this is where PI insurance is important.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What you're talking about is basically Club photography or 90% thereof.

MF: Not practical
    AF: See below

Depending on the camera AF functions a little differently but essentially its looking for contrast in the central 70ish% of the sensor. No light? No contrast. To overcome this you either use infrared illumination or a preflash to allow the camera very quickly pick up an AF point.

Add to that you really need a decent flash otherwise your sensor will probably struggle like hell, thus noise.

This is for future reference obviously, your current predicament is an awkward one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chrisc77

Thanks for your help guys. Ye i have in surance just incase... hopefully it doesnt go to that but we'll see. Also thanks for your comments for future jobs il make sure i look into what you said

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,

I'm just curious- did you have more than one camera with you? If so did you notice the focusing issue and try the second camera?

Patrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Also what camera and lens were you using? Not that it will help you now but you might get better advice to help avoid a similar situation arising in future.

Advertisement