Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property management from abroad

Options
  • 20-09-2017 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭

I'm living abroad at the moment but recently bought a house just outside Dublin. I'm not sure exactly when I'll be moving home, it depends on how various career things pan out, but it will probably be somewhere between 6 and 18 months from now.

In the meantime I'd like to rent it out, but maintain the flexibility to move when the time is right - i.e. keep it to short 3-6 month lets, or AirBnB. Are there any good property management company recommendations to help out with this? It won't be furnished when we buy it and ideally I'd like to avoid too much hassle in terms of getting it ready to be rented too - avoiding hassle, and having the flexibility to move in myself at ~3 months notice, is definitely my priority over how much commission I might pay for someone to manage it.

Advertisement