Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement Key Fob

Options
  • 20-09-2017 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

An elderly relative has a Signet alarm installed (not sure of the model number). The installer has ceased trading and although living locally doesn't/cannot provide any support.

There are two issues she needs addressed: Firstly, her original key fob is broken (it's in bits as opposed to just not working). I'm presuming I can get a replacement due to some of the other posts on the forum, and use the main key-pad to program it.
    What kind of fob should I be looking for?
    How do I go about programming it from the key-pad (I think I have engineer enabled access if that makes any difference).

Secondly, the battery needs to be replaced. Is this a standard item for Europlex Signet alarms or will it depend on the version? Hard to replace DIY?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

An elderly relative has a Signet alarm installed (not sure of the model number). The installer has ceased trading and although living locally doesn't/cannot provide any support.

There are two issues she needs addressed: Firstly, her original key fob is broken (it's in bits as opposed to just not working). I'm presuming I can get a replacement due to some of the other posts on the forum, and use the main key-pad to program it.
    What kind of fob should I be looking for?
    How do I go about programming it from the key-pad (I think I have engineer enabled access if that makes any difference).

Secondly, the battery needs to be replaced. Is this a standard item for Europlex Signet alarms or will it depend on the version? Hard to replace DIY?

Both should be straight forward.
    The back up battery is a 12V 7 Amp that you need.
    The Visonic keyfobs work on this system, can be purchased through Northwood Technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

Thanks altor. Email sent to company mentioned.

Re. programming from key-pad, is engineer access sufficient or might there be other things to consider? I can knock on the door of the original installer if it comes to it, but have had no response to date so that would be a last resort.

Thanks altor. Email sent to company mentioned.

Re. programming from key-pad, is engineer access sufficient or might there be other things to consider? I can knock on the door of the original installer if it comes to it, but have had no response to date so that would be a last resort.

They have them in stock so if you call in they will sell you one.

Yes, go to the users, user option, scroll to fob to add and delete.

altor wrote: »
    They have them in stock so if you call in they will sell you one.

Yes, go to the users, user option, scroll to fob to add and delete.

They don't sell unless trade.. I'm not in their neck of woods so can't drop in either. Ordered one online.

Took a look at the key pad options this evening. Enabled engineer access but pretty sure I didn't see anything fob related. Went through all menus. Will check again at weekend to make sure.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Fob can be added /deleted from the user menu as long as your user code has att the rights assigned.

Enter user code>Menu>Users>User 1(or other user)>Edit>RF Fob >Add or Delete.
    If the option is not there you will need engineer code to enable all the rights for the user code.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Fob can be added /deleted from the user menu as long as your user code has att the rights assigned.

Enter user code>Menu>Users>User 1(or other user)>Edit>RF Fob >Add or Delete.
    If the option is not there you will need engineer code to enable all the rights for the user code.

Just so I'm clear, do I need to enable engineer access/does it make a difference?
    The default engineer access code is available in the support documentation I found online. I realized that this is the same code as what's used to set the alarm and unset it. Is it possible that there are no other users set up?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your user code can enable or disable engineer access, but you will still need the engineer code to access the engineer menu.

Thanks...back to the installer I go.

They don't sell unless trade.. I'm not in their neck of woods so can't drop in either. Ordered one online.

Took a look at the key pad options this evening. Enabled engineer access but pretty sure I didn't see anything fob related. Went through all menus. Will check again at weekend to make sure.

If you walked in off the street with cash they will sell you a fob.

Enabling engineer access just means the engineer can access the system using the engineer code.

If you dont have this or the option in your user options then you will need to contact the installer to get the engineer code.

Thanks...back to the installer I go.

Or just ask him for the engineer code.:D

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Or just ask him for the engineer code.:D

Well he'd have to answer his phone or reply to txts for that to work!

Altor/KoolKid, thanks. All done in the space of 5 mins at the weekend.
    Good auld boards!

Advertisement