Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Houses Kilcock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 bbbbb1990

bbbbb1990 wrote: »
    Daveke wrote: »

They don't represent the community as I see it they're just a few sour so and sos's.
    The Community is full of nice friendly people and businesses.
    They KCN have a gripe against Millerstown and you can guarantee if the flood alleviation works wasn't an issue they would find something else to whine about.
    I'm sure they where going on about pyrite in ryebridge 1 for years and now on to the next thing.
    They have a problem with the developer as their community centre was knocked back in funding and are trying to take it out on the residents.

And trust me ya have nothing to feel bad about we're laughing off the hysteria that the locals try and kick up when there is heavy rainfall you can see on the thread they deleted when residents posted the water gone within 18 hours.
    Their just trying to create a narrative that suits their opinions.

If you look back over the last 2 years the water is gone the next day and never got near the houses.

It's not a floodplain anymore. It was when it was just a flat field hence the water would spread over greater surface. Pretty much like if you spilt half your pint on a table.

Anyone who's argument is that it's a floodplain is irrelevant and they can shout as much as they want but it's just ignorance on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Daveke

They don't represent the community as I see it they're just a few sour so and sos's.
    The Community is full of nice friendly people and businesses.
    They KCN have a gripe against Millerstown and you can guarantee if the flood alleviation works wasn't an issue they would find something else to whine about.
    I'm sure they where going on about pyrite in ryebridge 1 for years and now on to the next thing.
    They have a problem with the developer as their community centre was knocked back in funding and are trying to take it out on the residents.
    Sure there’ll always be those few that try ruin it for everyone. All these new estates are bringing more people to the town which helps businesses. They’ll complain if we do and they’ll complain if we don’t.

Sure there’ll always be those few that try ruin it for everyone. All these new estates are bringing more people to the town which helps businesses. They’ll complain if we do and they’ll complain if we don’t.

Amen to that but ya can't just sit idlely by and let them talk nonsense without backing it up with facts.

I do try to support the local businesses (butchers , cafes, barbers, pharmacies etc.. ) instead of going to Maynooth where I can.

The town has a lot of potential if ya can get past the nimbys that are frightened of change.

Really missing a social aspect where ya can take a ramble into town for dinner and drinks but will get there someday hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

Amen to that but ya can't just sit idlely by and let them talk nonsense without backing it up with facts.

I do try to support the local businesses (butchers , cafes, barbers, pharmacies etc.. ) instead of going to Maynooth where I can.

The town has a lot of potential if ya can get past the nimbys that are frightened of change.

Really missing a social aspect where ya can take a ramble into town for dinner and drinks but will get there someday hopefully...

AMEN TO THAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I don't know how DJ Bulldogg is supposed to know anything about Kilcock or integrate into the community when he sends his kids (or are they his sisters kids (or both??? Is that the Celbridge way????) to school in Celbridge (a nice handy drive!) it is hard to keep DJ Bullllldogggg stories straight.

I see that Sean 'Maple 10' Reilly has an application in to avoid the normal planning regulations beside Millerstown.

• Advertisement

What's stopping you?
    Just get a pair of wellies - roll under the gate at the building site and bob's your uncle.

What's stopping you?
    Just get a pair of wellies - roll under the gate at the building site and bob's your uncle.

It's all the crime you highlighted it is a deterrent. I can't leave the house without a flak jacket and helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭djbulldogg1983

I don't know how DJ Bulldogg is supposed to know anything about Kilcock or integrate into the community when he sends his kids (or are they his sisters kids (or both??? Is that the Celbridge way????) to school in Celbridge (a nice handy drive!) it is hard to keep DJ Bullllldogggg stories straight.

I see that Sean 'Maple 10' Reilly has an application in to avoid the normal planning regulations beside Millerstown.

Hi Marie, yes I kept my kids in school in Celbridge because they are all well settled in their school with all of their friends and we don’t like Catholic schools which is all that’s available in Kilcock.
    It’s about 10 years behind normal society here, and the local hicks are even worse!
    But we have a great little community in our estate and all the kids hang out..
    Glad we are slightly removed from the backwards cabbage Kickers up the road in Kildare :-p
    We have some great friends here that moved from Celbridge way back when so we love it.
    But we’ll rear our kids for the next 10 years. We’ll put up with the murders and crime that you were telling us all about and the nosey begrudgers with their phones out every time it rains and eventually sell up or rent out and get out of this 1980’s vortex and move to a nicer place when the kids are grown!! Can’t wait!!!!!
    Good joke about the sister thing, you’re hilarious :-D kisses xxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Hi Marie, yes I kept my kids in school in Celbridge because they are all well settled in their school with all of their friends and we don’t like Catholic schools which is all that’s available in Kilcock.
    It’s about 10 years behind normal society here, and the local hicks are even worse!
    But we have a great little community in our estate and all the kids hang out..
    Glad we are slightly removed from the backwards cabbage Kickers up the road in Kildare :-p
    We have some great friends here that moved from Celbridge way back when so we love it.
    But we’ll rear our kids for the next 10 years. We’ll put up with the murders and crime that you were telling us all about and the nosey begrudgers with their phones out every time it rains and eventually sell up or rent out and get out of this 1980’s vortex and move to a nicer place when the kids are grown!! Can’t wait!!!!!
    Good joke about the sister thing, you’re hilarious :-D kisses xxxx

Why did you move there in the first place?

Why did you move there in the first place?

Because the house was a great size for our family.
    My wife’s workplace is close to Celbridge so keeping them in school there made sense, and their minder is also in Celbridge who is a family member and it made it easier for them.
    And my best mate and his family live close by in Kilcock and our kids are great pals.
    And because it’s close to Maynooth and Celbridge.
    And because I work all day, and I spend time at home with my kids in my spare time and I love my house.
    Just can’t enjoy it unfortunately with all the mouths in Kilcock.
    Would have a different opinion of Kilcock if it wasn’t for all the bull**** we have to put up with.
    We support the local cafes and things like that and our kids do some sports here. But the constant put downs and opinions has left a sour taste. Can’t wait to see the back of the place if I’m being honest and I’m only here just over a year!

• Advertisement

Coz the house was a great size for our family.
    And my best mate and his family live close by.
    And because it’s close to Maynooth and Celbridge.
    And because I work all day, and I spend time at home with my kids in my spare time and I love my house.
    Just can’t enjoy it unfortunately with all the mouths in Kilcock.
    Would have a different opinion of Kilcock if it wasn’t for all the bull**** we have to put up with.
    We support the local cafes and things like that and our kids do some sports here. But the constant put downs and opinions has left a sour taste. Can’t wait to see the back of the place if I’m being honest and I’m only here just over a year!

Don't let the stuff get to yah lad.

Don't let the stuff get to yah lad.

Hard not to

Hard not to

True that. But at the end of the day who gives a fiddlers. Most folk in kilcock are sound. Been hanging around these parts since I was a young lad as I'm from maynooth myself. Have only ever had good experiences with the people and the town to date.

True that. But at the end of the day who gives a fiddlers. Most folk in kilcock are sound. Been hanging around these parts since I was a young lad as I'm from maynooth myself. Have only ever had good experiences with the people and the town to date.

Yeah it's a FB group with roughly 10-15 active users/commenters.
    Kilcock has a population of 6k+.

It's a complete circle-jerk of bitter ****ers most likely unhappy with their own lot in life.
    You can present facts and figures but they won't listen.
    Their like Trump supporters in America basically
    "Make Kilcock great again"

That KCN page is ran by a failed politician who ran as a independent and only got 400 votes.
    And it shows that he should never be let into a seat of power if he's willing to run smear campaigns and censor anything he doesn't agree with in his local area.

Hope you love Kilcock DJBulldogg!

If you like any sort of sport at all it's a great town!
    There's four choirs - always looking for members!
    There's a dramatic society!
    It's hard to meet people when you've kids and you're not a big drinker; but why don't you give Canoe Polo a go? Your kids will be well impressed and the canoe might come in handy someday!

Pubs are where it falls down to some extent I suppose.

Hope you love Kilcock DJBulldogg!

If you like any sort of sport at all it's a great town!
    There's four choirs - always looking for members!
    There's a dramatic society!
    It's hard to meet people when you've kids and you're not a big drinker; but why don't you give Canoe Polo a go? Your kids will be well impressed and the canoe might come in handy someday!

Pubs are where it falls down to some extent I suppose.

Don’t need your well wishes either sarcastic or genuine.
    Off you go to another thread there spreading your bile xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Daveke

Don’t need your well wishes either sarcastic or genuine.
    Off you go to another thread there spreading your bile xxxx

Jaysus the way Marie Holfman is going on I’d say she lives in the swamp like fiona from shrek. She’s defiantly one of the few moaners from kilcock probably part of a cult against change

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Kilcock is a great spot so handy , not far from liffey valley, and only around 25 mins into dublin where I am from , my partner lives in kilcock we are going to build a house on his family land just outside kilcock, houses are getting much more expensive in kilcock now .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Abbey127 wrote: »
    Kilcock is a great spot so handy , not far from liffey valley, and only around 25 mins into dublin where I am from , my partner lives in kilcock we are going to build a house on his family land just outside kilcock, houses are getting much more expensive in kilcock now .

Read likes a primary students essay entitled, my town.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Read likes a primary students essay entitled, my town.

Bore off Sam Hain. Nobody cares what you think

• Advertisement

Rumour has it that COVID-19 originated in Millerstown. Pass it on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Rumour has it that COVID-19 originated in Millerstown. Pass it on!

The flood waters carried it into Ireland :pac:

Just wanted to note that no nosey neighbours have posted anything in months.

Just putting this here as a little benchmark.

Looking forward to welcoming you all back during rainy season again :-)

Also looking forward to really heavy rainfall to prove that the estate is still as safe as it always was and as it was designed to be ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

The heavy rainfall of negative equity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Just wanted to note that no nosey neighbours have posted anything in months.

Just putting this here as a little benchmark.

Looking forward to welcoming you all back during rainy season again :-)

Also looking forward to really heavy rainfall to prove that the estate is still as safe as it always was and as it was designed to be ;-)

Ffs. Serious chip on the shoulder kid.

You still live in Kilcock on a flood plain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Negative Equity isn't really a thing if you bought a house for a price you were happy with with the intention of living in it for 20+ years.

It is a thing if you buy up houses to flip quickly to make money or if you aspire to be some kind of modern day Lord of the Manor with a dozen or more tenants. Tbh those people are a big part of the problem and they deserve all the negative equity they get, especially if they ignored the lessons of 2008.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭highdef

Let's not forget, as per the Millerstown website:

"Millerstown benefits from an extensive landscaped river park alongside the River Rye and the Grand Canal on the Maynooth Road.

The houses are positioned fronting a unique highly landscaped linear park, providing residents with a fantastic recreational area along the riverside."

Unique in that it's a park that has been actually designed to flood from time to time!

Yawn 🥱😂
    highdef wrote: »
    Let's not forget, as per the Millerstown website:

"Millerstown benefits from an extensive landscaped river park alongside the River Rye and the Grand Canal on the Maynooth Road.

The houses are positioned fronting a unique highly landscaped linear park, providing residents with a fantastic recreational area along the riverside."

Unique in that it's a park that has been actually designed to flood from time to time!

About 70% of Kilcock is in either Flood Zone B or Flood Zone C.

We aren’t special ;-)

I’m cool with living in Kilcock, grand aul window into 1980!

Lucky I do all my living elsewhere and then I put my feet up or go for a canoe up the Rye

• Advertisement

Aul Sammy always in with the quip :-D

Any house bought between 2017-2020 will be in negative equity at some point.
    That’s how property / the Irish economy generally goes.

I bought my house to raise my kids in for the next 10 years. After that I’ll rent the t out to some students and move to Spain and just keep an eye out on Boards for new posts about the river bursting its banks

Advertisement