Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Houses Kilcock

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭highdef

Jonting wrote: »
    You can now get the Eircode for this estate. I called Axa Home Insurance today with the exact address and before the rep checked, she stated that if it was on a flood plain Axa would not quote. She returned quickly and confirmed it was NOT on a flood plain and they would supply full cover, flood included.

Brilliant news....delighted to hear this

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jonting

you2008 wrote: »
    and the cover is bout €?

I honestly don't know if this is cheap or expensive as it will by first time buying home insurance.

€607.28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Bristolscale7

Jonting wrote: »
    You can now get the Eircode for this estate. I called Axa Home Insurance today with the exact address and before the rep checked, she stated that if it was on a flood plain Axa would not quote. She returned quickly and confirmed it was NOT on a flood plain and they would supply full cover, flood included.

The computer must be right.

The computer must be right.

The computer being right is what matters so people can get insurance on their homes.

I understand in reality things may change or unforeseen issues could arise but it's one box ticked for now.

Also the opinion of an insurance company, with money on the line, could be considered a fairly valuable opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 brillo pad

I got refused flood cover through a broker yesterday. 4/5 insurance companies refused cover and the 5th has yet to come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Bank of Ireland might cover it. They're backing the development.

brillo pad wrote: »
    I got refused flood cover through a broker yesterday. 4/5 insurance companies refused cover and the 5th has yet to come back.

Are you thinking of buying here?

Try Axa insurance? They quoted me.

Do you know which companies refused insurance via the broker? I'd like to try call them direct and see what they have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭SQ2

It's gently raining this evening... Time to play Millerstown roulette!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ehrconsulting

Cover available via 123.ie no problem. 500 euro approx for 3 bed semi.

You all have cover no problem you say? The insurance companies terms are "is this place at risk of flooding?" Did you all answer No? Axa asked me that question this morning?

You'd want to watch that term of insurance.

Refusals were tgrough:
    Zurich
    Allianz
    MAS
    Patrona (patrona have their own flood maps and risk assessment)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You all have cover no problem you say? The insurance companies terms are "is this place at risk of flooding?" Did you all answer No? Axa asked me that question this morning?

So you're calling the insurers and saying I'm looking at a house that's at risk of flooding will you cover me?

Your assessment of 'risk of flooding' being based on recent demonstrations that the flood planning has worked and there's nothing to suggest there's any risk to the houses.

123.ie specifically makes you agree to the following statement:
    The property, including domestic outbuildings:

Has never suffered damage due to flooding.
    Is not in an area with a history of flooding.

I'm no solicitor, but point #2 may be relevant?

Graham wrote: »
    So you're calling the insurers and saying I'm looking at a house that's at risk of flooding will you cover me?

Your assessment of 'risk of flooding' being based on recent demonstrations that the flood planning has worked and there's nothing to suggest there's any risk to the houses.

Did I state those words? The insurance companies are asking me the question. If I answer no. Then my insurance may be null and void. The houses on the front at the right are within 100m of a river and a flood plain. That "riverside park" that's supposed to be fit for purpose before any dwellings are occupied, is a flood defence. That was clearly evident from last week and from the plans it is a flood defence.

Would you buy a house there? Are you buying a house there? Because I am, and am extremely worried and contemplating withdrawing.
    After going through a broker and being refused is quite worrying.

Why live in a place that every time it rains you are looking out the window at the play area fill up with water wondering if it will reach your house.

Why live in a place that every time it rains you are looking out the window at the play area fill up with water wondering if it will reach your house.

Living next to a river is probably something you should pass on.

Living next to a river is probably something you should pass on.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

No problem.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts to investigate the insurability of a development you have apparently have no interest in living in. It's no at all odd that you joined specifically for that purpose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

No problem.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts to investigate the insurability of a development you have apparently have no interest in living in. It's no at all odd that you joined specifically for that purpose ;)
    You seem very motivated to defend a housing estate in Meath even though your location is Dublin? Curiouser and curiouser.

Do McGarrell Reilly have a good reputation from the boom by the way?

You seem very motivated to defend a housing estate in Meath even though your location is Dublin? Curiouser and curiouser.

Do McGarrell Reilly have a good reputation from the boom by the way?

I couldn't tell you about their reputation to be honest and have no professional or personal connection if that's what you're insinuating.

FYI, I don't think I've updated my location since I joined boards just over 16 years ago so I wouldn't read too much into that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Flood insurance is kind of a moot point. If it floods once, you won't get insurance again. Only content etc.

It's a shame they didn't build any walls in the gardens. You could insert a protect gate to raise your protection..

ixus wrote: »
    Flood insurance is kind of a moot point. If it floods once, you won't get insurance again. Only content etc.

It's a shame they didn't build any walls in the gardens. You could insert a protect gate to raise your protection..

Well, depending on how
    The property, including domestic outbuildings:

Has never suffered damage due to flooding.
    Is not in an area with a history of flooding.

is interpreted, an insurance company might also be able to claim fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Danny285

Hi All,

Does anybody on this forum have deposit on a house in Millerstown kilcock?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 greg1981

I have deposit on 3 bed semi

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigsheepdog

You'd be mad to buy a house in there. Ive lived here all my life and in those 50 years that field has flooded each winter. Couldnt believe planning was granted for it in the first place. 24 hrs of rain flooded the place last week, imagine what it would be like after 3 or 4 days of rain

You'd be mad to buy a house in there. Ive lived here all my life and in those 50 years that field has flooded each winter. Couldnt believe planning was granted for it in the first place. 24 hrs of rain flooded the place last week, imagine what it would be like after 3 or 4 days of rain

24 hours of rain partially flooded the flood strip.

Being marketed as a "Riverside Park" with no mention of it being a flood strip to prospective buyers!!!

highdef wrote: »
    Being marketed as a "Riverside Park" with no mention of it being a flood strip to prospective buyers!!!

The park in the centre of Carlow isn't labelled 'flood park' either, it was closed last week while it was underwater.

The park in the centre of Carlow isn't labelled 'flood park' either, it was closed last week while it was underwater.

Whilst I'm not familiar with Carlow, I can only assume that it is the park on the west side of the River Barrow north of the town centre.

I can't say much about this park in question but from what I can tell from satellite imagery, it looks like a council owned park with no residential units connected to it and not a private housing development marketing the most picturesque section of parkland as a feature for people to use for recreation purposes.....well canoeing and swimming could be construed as being recreation, I guess :rolleyes:

Granted because it is Meath. Kildare County Council should sue to have the area and its LPT and social housing allocation given to Kildare not to those EXPLETIVE DELETED Royals.

It is not a flood strip. There is no mention of a flood strip in the planning.

• Advertisement

It is not a flood strip. There is no mention of a flood strip in the planning.

"Associated infrastructure works include a partial realignment of the Rye Water River and re-profiling existing river banks as part of flood protection measures"

Advertisement