Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morgage Type Advice

Options
  • 20-09-2017 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

I know this could be a how long is a piece of string question, but we are currently in the process of moving our mortgage to KBC.

We will be availing of a rate of 3.1% variable. I now see they are offering a 10 year fixed rate of 2.99%. At the moment we take a longer term and overpay the mortgage to allow for differing circumstances down the line, but this 10 year fixed rate looks tempting. I would just shorten the term and take the risk I would say.

Are there any opinions on this as to whether this 10 year fixed rate is good value of should I stick with the flexibility of the variable rate and the the potential risk of rate hikes over the next few years?

Advertisement