Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is normal creche settling and what isn't??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Thanks Babooshka for your lovely post it brought a tear to my eye reading it as I can so closely relate to all of what you said.

There is a little boy in the baby room that cries when anybody enters or leaves the room the poor fella & he's always watching the door and when he starts crying they all start crying too. It would break your heart. I've had that thought too of running off with her and not wanting anybody else to look after her but unfortunately we've no other option money wise at the moment. Fingers crossed it'll get easier.

It will, honest...it's only the odd time I still feel sad not too often. She's happy as anything going in now most days and it's nice to see she settles with the girls who all love her. And when you get to take a day off from work, and still take her to crèche to have just some time to yourself for a few hours, it's bliss, just to have your breakfast and clean the house in peace is so nice. I have no one to take her for a few hours apart from my husband, and it is a bonus on the rare occasions you can do it. Good luck, she'll be fine. Another woman just arrived back at work after her second, who is now 6 months, and she said it's so much easier on the second baby as you know what to expect and she had a routine with minder going etc....I am still so green about everything sometimes...a learning curve ;):o x

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

To be honest, the feeling is the same with a minder.There were days I would have given anything to be able to take her home immediately.

No.2, I had a lot less guilt about, mostly because I knew the minder well by then and because she had her big sister with her for company, so at least I know they have each other.I actually feel worse if they are with the minder while I'm off though because I feel if I'm at home, they should be too (much as I enjoy the time to do what I need to....it"s rare).

You definitely ask yourself some days what you on earth you are doing .However our first has started playschool now, and I am seeing how it only lasts a couple of years before they start into school, and then you definitely feel better about it.

Advertisement