Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Luggage - Result.

Options
  • 20-09-2017 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can anyone help?
    Travelling with Air France from Conakry (Guinea) to Charles de Gaulle to Dublin on 8th/9th Sept 2017. One checked in soft Samsonite bag lost. A member of FlyingBlue and travelled business class. Despite many telephone calls to 01 5339813, 01 808381 and 01 8141400 and being given different messages each time (and many times no answer). Don't know if luggage was misplaced in CDG or Dublin. Luggage was reported missing. Given reference numbers and now the file has been closed. So have lost online contact. I have been told by Air France that messages have been sent to CDG and Dublin to locate the luggage and they would revert ----still in limbo. Important that luggage is found.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Technically not lost until 21 days. Ask them to open a new file or contact flying blue to see if they can re-open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MARDOVLK

Thank you for responding to me. I will keep you updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Have you looked at http:\\www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/af.htm to see what the exact status is?

Yes, I have and this is the reply I get -
    "Access to your file is no longer available. Please contact your airline for more information" I have the airline and have told me (many days ago) that they closed the file "assuming that the luggage had been found". This is my dilemma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Thank you Fred. I hope not. Still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Does that flight still stop in Nouakchott on its way back? Totally unrelated, just interested!

Yes, correct Liam.

Thank you to all who replied to me.
    Just last week the luggage turned up in Dublin - phone call from Aer Lingus to say that they found it. Still have to collect! It took a long time but a happy ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

absolutely, one of our party had a bag mislaid when we were going skiing, and the airline sent his bag 4 hours via taxi to get to him.

Thank you Fred.
    I think they will deliver!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Jeez after one month it must stink to the high heavens, especially if you had any food in there.

no food, TG.

Advertisement