Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from US Apple online store

Options
  • 20-09-2017 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm looking to buy iPhone X hopefully on 27th October. It's roughly €400 cheaper buying in the states.

Can anyone tell me that if I'm logged in on US site but under my Apple ID (which probably says I'm in ireland) can I buy the phone using a family members US address but also their US credit card and their billing address.
    Will Apple flag fact I'm registered in ireland but making a purchase on US site with US card?

Hope that makes sense!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

theirs a few threads on the first page alone..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bryan1977

I know there are threads similar but I can't find one that answers my question of being logged in on my apple id but using a US method of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

If you are looking for a phone to use in ireland You may not be able to buy a sim free model day one in the states. Previously they only come available a few months after the phone is on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bryan1977

gorevs wrote: »
    If you are looking for a phone to use in ireland You may not be able to buy a sim free model day one in the states. Previously they only come available a few months after the phone is on sale

As far as I'm aware it will work as I previously used one from the states,it comes with a network sim but the phone itself is unlocked. I'm getting that information for the Apple site itself. T-mobile are set up to work on irish mobile bandwidths for 4g etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Yeah, as long as you are using an US address and US payment details it will work. I did it last year for my brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Billydoc

I used Revolut to buy a watch in the us. Paid online and my aunt picked it up in New York store. Gave some fake random address in the us for billing details

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

OP, yes it will work, I have purchased 4 phones over the years using that method.

Advertisement