Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best brand coconut milk for drinking

Options
  • 20-09-2017 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

As the title says, what brand of coconut milk do you think is best from a flavour and texture perspective?

I love full fat cow's milk, but my baby has a bit of dairy sensitivity and I love my coffee and tea to be quite milky. I like the flavour of the coconut milk vs soy or almond, but I tried the Tesco one and found it very watery.

Any recommendations for a creamier brand? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

As the title says, what brand of coconut milk do you think is best from a flavour and texture perspective?

I love full fat cow's milk, but my baby has a bit of dairy sensitivity and I love my coffee and tea to be quite milky. I like the flavour of the coconut milk vs soy or almond, but I tried the Tesco one and found it very watery.

Any recommendations for a creamier brand? TIA

Koko brand is nicest I've tried. Available in Supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Have you tried cashew milk or oat milk? I think they are far better than coconut milk for making lattes etc., coconut tends to be overpowering. Cashew milk is quite neutral tasting and very creamy, and oat milk has natural sweetness.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Himself gets a hazelnut milk which is delicious on its own and very nice in tea, and I'm quite particular about my tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

To echo both posters above, cashew and hazelnut are lovely in coffee. For tea, I find cashew the "milkiest" if you know what I mean.

Advertisement