Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price hikeppinted.

Options
  • 20-09-2017 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

have been a EIR customer since mid 80's, got a letter yesterday stating there will be a €5 price hike so I will be paying €57 a month for extremely slow BB (not fibre) I rang this morning questioning this and said I was thinking of cancelling, no questions asked as to why, just told fine and I would have 30 days, what happened to customer loyalty? EIR don't have it anyways... Very dissapointed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭redlead

Misty moo wrote: »
    have been a EIR customer since mid 80's, got a letter yesterday stating there will be a €5 price hike so I will be paying €57 a month for extremely slow BB (not fibre) I rang this morning questioning this and said I was thinking of cancelling, no questions asked as to why, just told fine and I would have 30 days, what happened to customer loyalty? EIR don't have it anyways... Very dissapointed

What was their excuse for the hike out of interest? They didn't even have the courtesy to explain it on their letter.

It's a handy way of getting out of a contract if you want to. I'm stuck though because virgin aren't in my area and sky is a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Misty moo

Just a heading 'contract change' and then "we are writing to let you know about upcoming price changes" €5 increase monthly charge, call set up fee will increase to 33c and increase for certain calls etc... As I said I've been with them since 80's never changed, just goes to show doesn't it... Maybe one day they might be glad for their old customers to come back.. I won't be one of them... When I rang them it was ok, you want to cancel, that's fine, no 'sorry your thinking of leaving, can we offer you this, that, the other, they must be flat out with new customers😡

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Misty moo

Any feedback from EIR..... Suppose not....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Somebody has to pay for their pointless name change, and the huge costs incurred with advertising, marketing etc. As usual, it's the customers who are ultimately made pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Misty moo wrote: »
    Hi misty moo,

Thanks for getting in touch. I can assure you that we do value our loyal customers and I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to you by this price increase. Unfortunately, this is something that is decided on internally and, if you choose to stay with us, we would have to implement the charge. I am sorry that I cannot give you better news here.

- Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

And you wonder why you are losing customers...

Telecoms giant Eir is hitting its customers with a price hike, just a year after a previous rise.

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/latest-news/elderly-will-have-to-pay-more-as-eir-raises-its-prices-for-500000-36153849.html

Advertisement