Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer didn't pay all tax apparently

Options
  • 20-09-2017 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

we are applying for a mortgage so my wife asked her employer for a P60
    Bank wanted as well then a P21 from last year because my wife is paid in cash.
    Also she doesn't get regularly her payslips (which is in breach of the law).

We got the P21 but it is not in accordance with the P60....
    So it looks like that my wifes employer didn't pay all the tax.
    Am not sure how to fix this situation - given the fact that my wife still works there and we need a correct P21 for the mortgage application.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

did your wife change job during the year?

http://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/getting-a-paye-balancing-statement-p21/index.aspx

Getting an End of year statement (P21) – PAYE customers
    An End of year statement (P21) sets out your total income from all sources for a particular tax year. It also gives a breakdown of your tax credits, tax rate band, and the Income Tax (IT) and Universal Social Charge (USC) you paid during the year.

It differs from a P60 from your employer or pension provider as that document only provides information regarding that particular job or pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

no change of jobs - the P60 says she earned amount x - the P21 says that amount y was earned - which 13k less what the P60 states.

Advertisement