Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there any PC Gaming Rig Parts Provider in Ireland that have Finance Plans?

• 20-09-2017 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

As above guys

Rebuilding my rig, and rather than go the whole hog and spunk the money up front, I'd like to explore my options regarding a plan of payment over the weeks/months etc

Any help GREATLY appreciated

Cheers!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

As above guys

Rebuilding my rig, and rather than go the whole hog and spunk the money up front, I'd like to explore my options regarding a plan of payment over the weeks/months etc

Cheers!

Your best bet is getting a loan from your bank. You can apply for 1k with online banking easily and have money transfered in seconds. Thats of Course if your credit history is not ass.

All those websites that offer payments plans have massive apr. So going with your own bank is going to way cheaper and more flexible. With aib you can pay off your loan earlier or just throw a few quid extra when you feel it and have no penalty. Aib is calculating apr each day, not on final sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HellIsInHello

Your best bet is getting a loan from your bank. You can apply for 1k with online banking easily and have money transfered in seconds. Thats of Course if your credit history is not ass.

All those websites that offer payments plans have massive apr. So going with your own bank is going to way cheaper and more flexible. With aib you can pay off your loan earlier or just throw a few quid extra when you feel it and have no penalty. Aib is calculating apr each day, not on final sum.

Took out a loan recently with AIB for a car so a loan isn't an option unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it's either save or rob handbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Credit union?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Skerries wrote: »
    it's either save or rob handbags

Why be so limiting, who's to say they can't do both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

As above guys

Cheers!

Took out a loan recently with AIB for a car so a loan isn't an option unfortunately
    No computer shop/company will give you as good a loan (APR%) as a bank or credit union will.

Look into buying a 2nd-hand machine off Adverts; you can find good machines for €500-600 that will tide you over until you can upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

if you're really stuck for a machine, you could get one financed from the likes of dell or harvey normans etc

Some are pretty decent and there are limited customisation options and it's always gonna be more pricey than building it yourself, but if you're stuck and need it done now they're worth a look. I'd ring first though (especially Dell) they will reduce their price a bit over the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

eeguy wrote: »
    Credit union?

This or bank.

AIB did a great deal I used on a 1k loan before.

Worked out in total i paid 1078. Not bad really at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This or bank.

AIB did a great deal I used on a 1k loan before.

Worked out in total i paid 1078. Not bad really at all.

1k loans at AIB are great. Do those myself now and then. I have savings all the time, but I better take 1k loan, use it for what I need and keep savings. 80 quid per year for such service is great.
    Op, you can try and top up your loan that you took out already. Contact your bank.

Advertisement