Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Anyone know if the hurlers wear the current Kerry jersey that the footballers wear or do they still wear the Galvin one? If they wear the Galvin one, could someone link me to a photo from a recent game. O Neills have told me they cant do the Galvin one for me because Kerry have a new jersey so I'm hoping they will budge if I send a photo of the hurlers wearing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

dobman88 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the hurlers wear the current Kerry jersey that the footballers wear or do they still wear the Galvin one? If they wear the Galvin one, could someone link me to a photo from a recent game. O Neills have told me they cant do the Galvin one for me because Kerry have a new jersey so I'm hoping they will budge if I send a photo of the hurlers wearing it.

Hurlers wear the current jersey

Hurlers wear the current jersey

Thanks. Back to the drawing board so. It's a Christmas present but not looking likely of getting one of the Galvin ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Thanks. Back to the drawing board so. It's a Christmas present but not looking likely of getting one of the Galvin ones.

Did you try contacting PG himself through social media? If one exists somewhere he may know...

Forge83 wrote: »
    Did you try contacting PG himself through social media? If one exists somewhere he may know...

Have considered it yeah and he seems decent enough to get back to people. May hit him up if I cant get one in the next week or 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's out of stock on Littlewoods, might be worth contacting them to see if they can help.

I see we are on the lookout for a new U20 manager after Sugrue stepped down. Must say it's kind of surprising as I thought he was a good man for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

I see we are on the lookout for a new U20 manager after Sugrue stepped down. Must say it's kind of surprising as I thought he was a good man for the job.

he lives in Laois... guessing that has something to do with it??

he lives in Laois... guessing that has something to do with it??

That's a fair point that I hadnt considered. Serious mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

That's a fair point that I hadnt considered. Serious mileage

Tomas o Se had a good rant on the Sunday GAme about our footballers after Cork game... Now's his chance to have an input into Kerry football by taking U20's but no.. instead hes taking on Glanmire footballers... Tomas was a great player no question.. since he retired hes all talk and no action when its come to Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Tomas o Se had a good rant on the Sunday GAme about our footballers after Cork game... Now's his chance to have an input into Kerry football by taking U20's but no.. instead hes taking on Glanmire footballers... Tomas was a great player no question.. since he retired hes all talk and no action when its come to Kerry

Tomas is a smart man............

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Gotta learn the trade from the bottom up when it comes to coaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Gotta learn the trade from the bottom up when it comes to coaching.

and the Louth job is taken

I dont watch any "analysis". Havent for a long time because it's all nonsense. So I dont know what he said.

But with regards to Glanmire. Wasnt he over their Minor team last year and won the championship with them so he already has an affiliation to the club. Also, I wouldn't like to see him over the U20s or anywhere near a Kerry team as hes still very new to coaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭conor05

I dont watch any "analysis". Havent for a long time because it's all nonsense. So I dont know what he said.

But with regards to Glanmire. Wasnt he over their Minor team last year and won the championship with them so he already has an affiliation to the club. Also, I wouldn't like to see him over the U20s or anywhere near a Kerry team as hes still very new to coaching.

I thought East Cork was all hurling.

Must be some football out that way too, Glanmire not as far out East from the city as other places

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,882 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

conor05 wrote: »
    I thought East Cork was all hurling.

Must be some football out that way too, Glanmire not as far out East from the city as other places

Glanmire is just outside the city, by the Jack Lynch tunnel. It's actually now classified within the Cork City boundary, but will remain in the East Cork GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Rumours last night of a players vote to remove PK. Apparently no faith in him. Hard to see it but you never know.

wonga77 wrote: »
    Rumours last night of a players vote to remove PK. Apparently no faith in him. Hard to see it but you never know.

There isn’t one player on the Kerry panel with the balls to even suggest it! So I reckon completely false.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Sounds very like the time the Mayo lads had Connolly and Holmes removed back in 2015 if it’s true. We will see

Geaney and Moran supposedly arranged this vote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Sounds very like the time the Mayo lads had Connolly and Holmes removed back in 2015 if it’s true. We will see

Geaney and Moran supposedly arranged this vote

They'd want to look at themselves first.

Not that I believe this.

• Advertisement

mystic86 wrote: »
    They'd want to look at themselves first.

Not that I believe this.

You said it. 2 non leaders.
    I assumed Geaney was dropped from the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Forge83 wrote: »
    You said it. 2 non leaders.
    I assumed Geaney was dropped from the panel.

Geaney dropped for disciplinary breaches

Geaney dropped and Moran had a shocker against cork and ultimately made a crucial mistake which allowed cork the opportunity for the win.

2 lads that arent happy with things and havent the balls to work on themselves. I'd hope this results in the 2 players being removed and not the management. Cant be having players dictate things.

Geaney dropped and Moran had a shocker against cork and ultimately made a crucial mistake which allowed cork the opportunity for the win.

2 lads that arent happy with things and havent the balls to work on themselves. I'd hope this results in the 2 players being removed and not the management. Cant be having players dictate things.

Geaney always had an attitude problem even though a great footballer.
    His ego and confidence took a big knock when Clifford arrived.
    Moran is the last fella I’d be listening too. If the young fellas are happy with Keane then that’s what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

We're not winning an all-Ireland next year regardless I think. Unless we unearth 5/6 top players out of nowhere.

Moran most likely gone and that leaves us light in midfield.

We have two top-class forwards in Clifford and O'Shea. Hopefully Spillane can get a number of appearances next year and nail a corner forward spot but we're still short there.

We also need to find a strong CHB or hope Gavin Crowley can grow into that position. We're open to teams running at us with a while now.

And we still have an issue at GK, Shane Ryan is too slow on kickouts, he doesn't see free men and we struggle when a team pushes up on our kickout.

Other than that, we're certs

New top players....mehhh... I'd say it's the tactics and lack of enforcing said tactics. The players are by and large young and that's how it should be and will take awhile to gel with themselves and the drill of the tactics. Did I mention de tactics...😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Geaney, an attitude problem? Have you ever met him? A very nice guy.
    And regarding his role in the team- he more or less sacrificed himself last year, doing hard running out the pitch & acting as a playmaker to leave space inside for Clifford.

I didn’t think he had it in him but his displays last year were extremely selfless so some of the above is absolute nonsense.

I see the knives are out for Moran too! Moran didn’t have a shocker against Cork but did make don’t crucial mistakes.

Keane & his management team had the shocker- picking 2 scorers & playing a defensive game against a division 3 team.

If he doesn’t walk then he should be pushed, so I hope the rumours are true

Gill, regardless of your opinion on Keane and it's well documented, you cant be having players demand a change any time they're not happy. If they dont want to play, they're more than welcome to withdraw.

Gill, regardless of your opinion on Keane and it's well documented, you cant be having players demand a change any time they're not happy. If they dont want to play, they're more than welcome to withdraw.

I agree with you to a certain extent but if a majority of the panel don’t want the manager then it should feed into the process.

If 26 players are unhappy then there’s no point in even bothering next season

Geaney, an attitude problem? Have you ever met him? A very nice guy.
    And regarding his role in the team- he more or less sacrificed himself last year, doing hard running out the pitch & acting as a playmaker to leave space inside for Clifford.

I didn’t think he had it in him but his displays last year were extremely selfless so some of the above is absolute nonsense.

I see the knives are out for Moran too! Moran didn’t have a shocker against Cork but did make don’t crucial mistakes.

Keane & his management team had the shocker- picking 2 scorers & playing a defensive game against a division 3 team.

Geaney dropped for disciplinary issues would lead one to believe he isn’t such a nice guy... and that his attitude was a problem. Yes he tried the selfless game last year but it’s not his type of game and most likely was refusing to do likewise this year as to be fair to the man he is a scorer, not a worker.
    I think your dislike for Keane has clouded your judgement here Gill.

While I’m not a massive Peter Keane fan, and yes he got his tactics all wrong against Cork, I wouldn’t be writing him off. It was an unprecedented year!

The fall out with Donie Buckley and Geaney almost certainly caused some rift in the squad. We don’t know enough about what happened to know if Keane made the right calls or wrong calls.

As I said already, the future is Clifford/O Shea/Spillane/O Connor etc. If they think he is the man to take them forward still, then their opinion holds far more weight than Moran and Geaney.

• Advertisement

People need to stop with this unprecedented year nonsense.
    Covid didnt pick 2 scoring threats against cork or come up a woeful tactical plan.

If we were missing players due to being infected then it might carry some weight

Advertisement