Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

If players are unhappy with the manager then that's a big issue. You can not agree with someone but still respect them and go out and try your best. However if the respect is gone then you're wasting your time, fellas won't put their body on the line for you.
    Not saying that's what happened but it is possible, never heard Geaney had any ego problems and I've met him more than once.
    Players don't have to toe the line either, no harm in them having an opinion of their own

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

I agree with you to a certain extent but if a majority of the panel don’t want the manager then it should feed into the process.

If 26 players are unhappy then there’s no point in even bothering next season

At the moment all we have is a rumour about 2 players being unhappy. Let's not jump the gun and keep some perspective here.

dobman88 wrote: »
    At the moment all we have is a rumour about 2 players being unhappy. Let's not jump the gun and keep some perspective here.

Not to be pedantic but the rumour is about 26 players that aren't happy. It just so happens that only 2 have been named for whatever reason.
    Anyway, i see a second message doing the rounds, regardless of whether its true or not it goes to show how easy things are spread in this day and age. Once something goes online it's impossible to contain

wonga77 wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic but the rumour is about 26 players that aren't happy. It just so happens that only 2 have been named for whatever reason.
    Anyway, i see a second message doing the rounds, regardless of whether its true or not it goes to show how easy things are spread in this day and age. Once something goes online it's impossible to contain

Fair enough. I'd only seen Geaney and Moran mentioned. If an entire squad are unhappy I'd agree he needs to be replaced. Hopefully its sorted sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

wonga77 wrote: »

Moran seems to be a lightening rod for some on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Fair enough. I'd only seen Geaney and Moran mentioned. If an entire squad are unhappy I'd agree he needs to be replaced. Hopefully its sorted sooner rather than later

Kerry are starting to look like Man Untd.............we’re not winning so it must be the manager....

I've seen a few tweets from Bernard Flynn. Not sure what to make of it at all tbh. Definitely need some more info on what's happening. Also, who replaces Keane if he leaves/is stood down. That's a pretty big issue that would need to be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

We played some of our best football under jack o connor, I don't know what's going on with jack and kerry but we need him back ASAP.

That ship has sailed. Time to look forward not backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

kerryjack wrote: »
    We played some of our best football under jack o connor, I don't know what's going on with jack and kerry but we need him back ASAP.

I don’t know if Jack is tactically astute enough to beat that Dublin team. The message that I’ve seen hopping around on whatsapp named another manager commenting that Keane would be gone within a week, a manager I wouldn’t rate and hope does not come anywhere near the job.

• Advertisement

munster87 wrote: »
    I don’t know if Jack is tactically astute enough to beat that Dublin team. The message that I’ve seen hopping around on whatsapp named another manager commenting that Keane would be gone within a week, a manager I wouldn’t rate and hope does not come anywhere near the job.

What manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Moran seems to be a lightening rod for some on here

Because of s player if his experience the mistakes he made in extra time against Cork were one of the reasons we lost the game. He kicked two possessions away or was it three and was turned over as well making s stupid run. No other player made that number of mistakes in extra time.

He did similar against Dublin last year at crucial stages in the finals. He a great player and did excellent before he was black carded. But for a player that gets a lot of ball and other players look up to he made crucial errors that you would not expect a junior or intermediate player to make.

Slava Ukrainii

What manager?

I sent a pm there. Won’t be naming him on this, but I’ve seen him mentioned in two different messages I’ve been sent.

munster87 wrote: »
    Well the dubs are as close to a professional outfit as you can get, with paid coaches at all clubs for the last number of years. Bertie a great lover of Dublin gaa has created a monster, the goal posts have moved. Saying that I enjoyed last week end Tip and Cavan real championship real passion, real gaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

kerryjack wrote: »
    Well the dubs are as close to a professional outfit as you can get, with paid coaches at all clubs for the last number of years. Bertie a great lover of Dublin gaa has created a monster, the goal posts have moved. Saying that I enjoyed last week end Tip and Cavan real championship real passion, real gaa.

Your own Sean Kelly has as much to do with the resurgence of Dublin as anyone else I have been lead to believe.

Your own Sean Kelly has as much to do with the resurgence of Dublin as anyone else I have been lead to believe.

As was the requirement of his job at the time.

Because of s player if his experience the mistakes he made in extra time against Cork were one of the reasons we lost the game. He kicked two possessions away or was it three and was turned over as well making s stupid run. No other player made that number of mistakes in extra time.

He did similar against Dublin last year at crucial stages in the finals. He a great player and did excellent before he was black carded. But for a player that gets a lot of ball and other players look up to he made crucial errors that you would not expect a junior or intermediate player to make.

Stupid mistakes indeed, players trying Hail Mary shots like that are also a function of a poorly set up team.

Would he have tried them if we had some options inside? Probably not.
    Very few things happen in isolation

Stupid mistakes indeed, players trying Hail Mary shots like that are also a function of a poorly set up team.

Good point gil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

im not a big supporter of our manager... he doesnt come across as authoritative as id like.. say like Brian Cody does... but to blame him for Moran a guy with 12yrs intercounty experience for taking a hail mary shot with time almost up when all he had to do was handpass it to someone backwards or forwards didnt matter just run down the clock.. to blame Keane for him doing that is ridiculous... Moran did the same againbst Monaghan in 2018... we had the ball in their half in injury time after clifford scored goal to level it.. play it aroumnd and see whaty happens.. hail mary by moran.. game over.. was that eamon fitzs fault...?? when doies the buck stop with the player??

im not a big supporter of our manager... he doesnt come across as authoritative as id like.. say like Brian Cody does... but to blame him for Moran a guy with 12yrs intercounty experience for taking a hail mary shot with time almost up when all he had to do was handpass it to someone backwards or forwards didnt matter just run down the clock.. to blame Keane for him doing that is ridiculous... Moran did the same againbst Monaghan in 2018... we had the ball in their half in injury time after clifford scored goal to level it.. play it aroumnd and see whaty happens.. hail mary by moran.. game over.. was that eamon fitzs fault...?? when doies the buck stop with the player??

I’m not blaming Keane- Moran made a number of bad decisions & that can’t be debated.
    Just pointing out that things don’t happen in isolation, Moran did an awful lot of good in the game too but the analysis on here seems to be akin to the old lazy RTE approach of giving the MOTM to the top scorer in every game

• Advertisement

I have to disagree I did a bit of coaching and team management. Some players never learn. You will see players go for goals continually no matter how often. You are on to them to take there point. Its a weakness especially of lads that play soccer. Moran seems to be one of these players.

Yes I think Keane made mistakes that put us in the position. Where we struggled with the game and did not take action sooner. It reminded me of the semi-final against Dublin in the rain in 2015 when Fitz failed to make changes in the game as we struggled to come to terms with the rain. I remember watching the game against Cork and saying to my young lad that he was not taking the weather into account the clock runs down in weather like that.

Off the turn over and two balls Moran kicked away we conseeded 1-1. The free kick into Spillane and two defenders on him was inexcusable as was the hail Mary shot...if it had gone wide we had a chance to reset but it ended up a defenders ball

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Moran is most likely retiring so why wud he be leading a shove against management? Geaney and O'Donoghue were injured for Cork game as far as I know

I have to disagree I did a bit of coaching and team management. Some players never learn. You will see players go for goals continually no matter how often. You are on to them to take there point. Its a weakness especially of lads that play soccer. Moran seems to be one of these players.

Yes I think Keane made mistakes that put us in the position. Where we struggled with the game and did not take action sooner. It reminded me of the semi-final against Dublin in the rain in 2015 when Fitz failed to make changes in the game as we struggled to come to terms with the rain. I remember watching the game against Cork and saying to my young lad that he was not taking the weather into account the clock runs down in weather like that.

Off the turn over and two balls Moran kicked away we conseeded 1-1. The free kick into Spillane and two defenders on him was inexcusable as was the hail Mary shot...if it had gone wide we had a chance to reset but it ended up a defenders ball

So you’re roughly in agreement that things don’t happen in isolation.

Lads give the ball away all the time- why didn’t the keeper come for the ball? The cork player caught it onto his chest for godsake.
    Wtf was Tommy doing, why didn’t he do anything when that ball was dropping in?

The idea of people putting all blame on Moran is ridiculous as for that goal to happen then a lot of other people have to make mistakes aswell

So you’re roughly in agreement that things don’t happen in isolation.

Lads give the ball away all the time- why didn’t the keeper come for the ball? The cork player caught it onto his chest for godsake.
    Wtf was Tommy doing, why didn’t he do anything when that ball was dropping in?

The idea of people putting all blame on Moran is ridiculous as for that goal to happen then a lot of other people have to make mistakes aswell

Yes WTF wss Tommy doing but he and the keeper were trying to make split second decisions. Moran's mistakes were when there was other options and he had time. Two pints up and he kicks not even a 50/50 ball into KS.

Slava Ukrainii

Yes WTF wss Tommy doing but he and the keeper were trying to make split second decisions. Moran's mistakes were when there was other options and he had time. Two pints up and he kicks not even a 50/50 ball into KS.

But sure their split second decision was go do nothin, both of them!
    One of them takes a bit of responsibility & we never speak of that woeful game again.

The story was rubbish from the word go. A poor effort at a wind-up. Moran deliberately kicked the ball away cos PK told him not to? I doubt that very much.

The story was rubbish from the word go. A poor effort at a wind-up. Moran deliberately kicked the ball away cos PK told him not to? I doubt that very much.

I think David Moran might have picked the team against cork, that’s what I heard anyway

First I've heard about Moran kicking the ball away cos Keane told him not to. I'm not even sure what you mean unless I'm missing something really obvious.

I was hoping it was all a nonsesne story and we see Keane still over the team next year.

• Advertisement

First I've heard about Moran kicking the ball away cos Keane told him not to. I'm not even sure what you mean unless I'm missing something really obvious.

I was hoping it was all a nonsesne story and we see Keane still over the team next year.

It was in the WhatsApp msg that was flying around bout the disharmony in Kerry camp.

Was obviously some clown stirring

Advertisement