Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

And going to Tullamore next week, so they'll know the second-half performance levels will be required for the full game there.

Offaly would be out of sight if Kerry play like they did in the first half.

I sense a storm brewing over the football at the weekend. It's only on Eir, it's going to be unavailable to stream on GaaGo. People can't go to a pub or a neighbour to watch the game. People can't go to Austin Stack Park to watch it (without a ladder).

I have my parents ringing me talking about VPN's and trying to access GaaGo that way, but plenty of people are going to miss out. It's a shame there isn't an alternative available. People would pay Eir the money to access it but without Eir Broadband/TV it's going to be inaccessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I sense a storm brewing over the football at the weekend. It's only on Eir, it's going to be unavailable to stream on GaaGo. People can't go to a pub or a neighbour to watch the game. People can't go to Austin Stack Park to watch it (without a ladder).

I have my parents ringing me talking about VPN's and trying to access GaaGo that way, but plenty of people are going to miss out. It's a shame there isn't an alternative available. People would pay Eir the money to access it but without Eir Broadband/TV it's going to be inaccessible.

I've got my friends Eir account details for such a situation, after it popped up last year. He watches on telly and 1 device can watch at the same time so I watch on laptop.

If you know someone with eir, you could set your parents up that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I can't remember but can you cast gaago to tv? I will use vpn to order it

No. HDMI cable is the man for the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

dobman88 wrote: »
    No. HDMI cable is the man for the job.

Perfect, tnx

They seem have updated the information on the website and say that Chromecast is operational now.

However if you are using a VPN Chromecast is a disaster so have the HDMI handy.

Be aware as well with EirTv login that it only accepts 4 devices and you can only make 1 change a month. So if the person has allowed someone else to view using their login in the last month it might not be possible for a new device to view the match. Something worth checking before Saturday.

I suppose at the end of the day there is always Radio Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

They seem have updated the information on the website and say that Chromecast is operational now.

However if you are using a VPN Chromecast is a disaster so have the HDMI handy.

Be aware as well with EirTv login that it only accepts 4 devices and you can only make 1 change a month. So if the person has allowed someone else to view using their login in the last month it might not be possible for a new device to view the match. Something worth checking before Saturday.

I suppose at the end of the day there is always Radio Kerry.

I already know that Ambrose is going to be giving out about men behind the ball and not kicking the bloody ball in so will try watch it on Eir somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Spacific

BPKS wrote:
    I already know that Ambrose is going to be giving out about men behind the ball and not kicking the bloody ball in so will try watch it on Eir somehow.

and telling them to put a big man in centre back to "block up the defence"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

BPKS wrote: »

God he's painful with the BS he goes on with. It's actually quite impressive how out of touch he is. That being said Tim Moynihan isn't much better than them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Looking ahead on the watching games front, assuming we're not allowed into stadiums before the championship is over, especially with an eye on whether getting GAAGo is worth it.

The Dublin game is on TG4. Free-to-air.

The Roscommon game is not being broadcast by any television station from what I could find our at the moment but my understanding is that it will be available on GAAGo. I did check GAAGo's website but they only have listings for games up until the weekend of the May 22nd/23rd. The Roscommon game is on the 30th. GAAGo most likely, but not confirmed.

The 4th round of leagues games - either a league semi-final or a relegation play-off - is on the weekend of the 12th/13th. Kerry will play one of Armagh/Donegal/Monaghan/Tyrone in this round. The last round of the Division 1 hurling league is on the this weekend so there will be a fairly high number of games available for broadcast to choose from. However TG4 have 2 football games on the Saturday and 1 on the Sunday - they do say Division 1/2 semi-finals [they also have 2 hurling games on the Sunday - 1 with deferred coverage] In terms of the football side of things, I'd be very shocked if Dublin's game won't be the first priority for the broadcasters [unless they are in a relegation play-off]. With 3 of the 4 football semi-finals from Division 1 and 2, I'd have to say if Kerry get to the league semi-final the odds of the game being on TG4 are high. If Kerry are in the relegation play-off then I'd say it will be on GAAGo.

In terms of the final, this year there is a possibility that there might not be any league final. League finals will only be played on June 19/20 if counties involved are not playing in the championship the following weekend. Donegal are the only team this might affect with all the other 6 teams Kerry could face in a final starting their championship after the weekend of the 26th/27th. Can't see a situation where TG4 or RTE don't have the Division 1 final.

Technically the Munster Council haven't confirmed the dates for the fixtures for the Munster championship yet but given the final is set to be played on the weekend of the 24th/25th of July, I really don't think Kerry's championship will be starting on the weekend of June 26th/27th [so I don't think there is a risk Kerry end up in a Donegal situation of getting to the final but not being allowed play] Given the finish-on-the day nature of things, I would assume Kerry v Clare will be the weekend of July 3rd/4th with the semi-finals fixed for the following weekend of the July 10th/11th as the Munster hurling final is due to be played the weekend of July 17th/18th. For the Clare and potential Tipperary games it's tough to know what odds there are of this being televised. Those weekends are the early rounds of the football and hurling so there will be a fair few options for broadcasters. The Munster final and beyond are all likely to be on free-to-air.

Overall at €25 GAAGo is a no-brainer for me but I think the GAA could have done a lot better in terms of making it clear what games are going to be broadcast and where. The provincial councils haven't exactly covered themselves in glory either - it's been three weeks since the championship draws were made - Munster Council haven't announced the fixtures details yet, Connacht Council did last week but when you go to the fixtures section of their website nothing shows up, the information was under the news section, the Leinster Council have only confirmed the fixture dates for the first round of fixtures [just like the Connacht Council this only shows up in the news section and not the fixtures section of the website] and Ulster only confirmed their fixtures on Wednesday. Amateur hour stuff from the provincial councils.

Summary
    Galway game - Only on Eir. Not on GAAGo.
    Dublin game - TG4 confirmed.
    Roscommon game - Not confirmed. GAAGo most likely
    League semi-final - Not confirmed. Good odds to be on TG4 but if not GaaGo.
    If Kerry are in a league relegation play-off then I think it will more than likely to be on GAAGo only.
    League final - Not confirmed. Couldn't find any detail but good odds to be on TG4 or RTE if there is a final.

Clare game - ??? Impossible to figure out the odds on it being on RTE. Will be on GAAGo.
    Tipperary - ??? Impossible to figure out the odds on it being on RTE. Will be on GAAGo.
    Munster Final - 99% RTE
    All-Ireland Semi-Final -RTE
    All-Ireland Final - RTE

GAAGo prices are €5 for league games and €8 for championship games with an all-in package for the year of €25 for both league and championship. If you are interested in only the Kerry games on GAAGo it's probably not worth your while signing up for the €25 package as GAAGo will likely have a maximum of 2 league games [Roscommon game + Round 4 league game] and 2 championship games [Clare + Tipperary] (5*2)+(8*2) for a cost of €26 and there is a good chance that it will have less than this - if Kerry get to the league semi-final, there is a very good chance it will be on TG4 plus there is a possibility that either the Clare or Tipperary game are on RTE. Worst case scenario it only costs a Euro extra if all 4 of these games are on GAAGo and you buy them individually.

On the other hand if you are interested in watching other games beside just the Kerry ones €25 for over 60 games is a massive bargain imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Spacific

cms88 wrote:
    God he's painful with the BS he goes on with. It's actually quite impressive how out of touch he is. That being said Tim Moynihan isn't much better than them.

Radio Kerry really need to up their game with regard to GAA commentary. All involved either never played (Tim Moynihan) or are retired so long the game has changed so much since they played (Ambrose retired 30 years ago and Billy O'Shea 20+ years ago)

Offaly would be out of sight if Kerry play like they did in the first half.

Something to remember is training etc in the North started back before the South. I know it was club training but still the Down lads would have been that bit sharper

Spacific wrote: »
    Radio Kerry really need to up their game with regard to GAA commentary. All involved either never played (Tim Moynihan) or are retired so long the game has changed so much since they played (Ambrose retired 30 years ago and Billy O'Shea 20+ years ago)

Billy O Shea is terrible as well. A man with a very high view of himself and thinks everyting he says is gospel

Boom__Boom wrote:
    On the other hand if you are interested in watching other games beside just the Kerry ones €25 for over 60 games is a massive bargain imo.

I agree that €25 is a no-brainer for any Gaa fan. When you had Kerry Gaa charging €20 for a weekend of streaming last year where coverage would drop out regularly, to pay €25 for 1080p streams of all games not on TV and also to have the option to watch them all back is incredible value.

In fact I'm nearly sceptical. What's the catch? They charge €120 for the Annual Pass for those living abroad (€50 for those living in the UK minus the Sky Games). I'm hoping is above board and goes off without a hitch.

I assumed the €25 was for that weekends games. Not a season pass.

Does anyone have a link to it as I can only find single games on the GAAGO website

I agree that €25 is a no-brainer for any Gaa fan. When you had Kerry Gaa charging €20 for a weekend of streaming last year where coverage would drop out regularly, to pay €25 for 1080p streams of all games not on TV and also to have the option to watch them all back is incredible value.

In fact I'm nearly sceptical. What's the catch? They charge €120 for the Annual Pass for those living abroad (€50 for those living in the UK minus the Sky Games). I'm hoping is above board and goes off without a hitch.

Are the county board still pretending that that didn't happen?

Sad to see the passing of Patrick Corridon from Ballyheigue. Would have won a few county championships with them back in the day and played with Kerry as well.

I assumed the €25 was for that weekends games. Not a season pass.

Does anyone have a link to it as I can only find single games on the GAAGO website

Up now. Incredible value!

https://www.gaago.ie/packages

Conor Jordon from Stacks is part of the Clare panel for the year. I'm not sure if he's still playing with Stacks or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Up now. Incredible value!

https://www.gaago.ie/packages

I have my car insurance with Allianz. I got an email from them today with a promo code for a free Domestic pass. Even better value! :pac:

Dunno if they'll be doing the same with all customers or if I was just lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I have my car insurance with Allianz. I got an email from them today with a promo code for a free Domestic pass. Even better value! :pac:

Dunno if they'll be doing the same with all customers or if I was just lucky!

Gotta a text off my sister about an hour ago saying she had got one from Allianz as well so I wouldn't be surprised if it's all Allianz customers, although I just checked the screenshot she sent me and it says "an exclusive offer for some lucky customers"

Typical of my luck that I was all pleased with myself getting sorted last week :rolleyes:

There will surely be some free codes floating around so keep an eye out and if you are an Allianz customer check your spam folder.

Will.be interesting to see what way they line up with this side named.

https://twitter.com/Slyone1069/status/1393280630172028935?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Scór 2020 will resume as soon as indoor gatherings are officially permitted again, and will effectively become this year's competition:

https://twitter.com/MunsterGAA/status/1392978014875623427

The first lockdown came literally a day before the county quiz final was due to be held - not sure what stage other competitions had reached by that point.

I absolutely hate the water breaks but what I hate even more is that Kerry won possession off a Galway kick out. Ref blows for water break and Galway get another kick out. Shambles stuff.

Fairly ruthless first half. Galway not up to much but the movement from the forwards has been fantastic and they've found space every time.

Still a big issue with kick outs, losing far too many but willing to give the debutant a pass on that for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Good to see Paudie Clifford take full advantage of his chance, and as you say the forward movement has been a lot quicker and more direct than we've seen in recent years. When Comer got his first point, feared it was going to be much like last year, but to give credit to the backs, the high pressing has been very effective.

Clifford making fools of the keeper and defender with the soccer style drag back and finish. An accomplished underage soccer player so the skills haven't left him yet lol

Not sure we can look too much into that result. Galway with a nice few U20s in for their first time. And just never got going. Kerry very ruthless first half and were just in cruise control from very early on. Always nice to get the first win on the board so take it and move on.

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote:
    Not sure we can look too much into that result. Galway with a nice few U20s in for their first time. And just never got going. Kerry very ruthless first half and were just in cruise control from very early on. Always nice to get the first win on the board so take it and move on.

Whatever you say about Galway it's been a long time since we had a full 70min performance like this. Great to see that we didn't take the foot off the pedal at any stage.

Delighted with that. Not much else we could do. A complete performance against a Division 1 side.

Advertisement