Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

Will we ever have Weeshie back,do ye reckon? I don't mind Tim,but there's only one Weeshie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

According to the panel on Terrace Talk last night Kerry are going to get to the All Ireland final

John Kennedy said so because this year Munster play Ulster in the Semi Finals thus they will avoid Dublin until the final.

No one bothered to correct him and tell him that there was a different system this year

It's a bit like last year when it was only on the August Bank Holiday Monday that it dawned on them that they had to beat Mayo to get to Dublin, after spending the whole year talking about how to beat Dublin.

I got the impression that last night's TT panel were primed to talk up the management and talk down public frustrations. They sounded more like a bunch on a positive thinking retreat than realistic football analysts.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

acequion wrote: »
    Will we ever have Weeshie back,do ye reckon? I don't mind Tim,but there's only one Weeshie.

I find him very hard to listen to. He's very monotone, doesn't ask any hard questions and just seems to sit there and agree with the panel whatever they say.

If a text comes in that controversial he will give his own opinion, usually licking the ars€ of the person the texter has an issue with and the way he reads texts is like he is reading a book to a child at bedtime. I think gary o' sullivan would of been a much better fit in the role, although I understand he is taking time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    I hope weeshie is doing well. He was great on terrace talk.

I'd rarely listen to terrace talk now, putting it mildly tim isn't a great presenter imo.

It's a very good show,listen to the podcast but Tim Moynihan is full of platitudes and repetitious in emphasising points.

"Would'nt you agree,That's a good point"

He strikes me more as an individual who's been given the reins and is a tad out of his depth.

Really enjoy it when Liam Brosnan and Sylvester Hennessy are guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

According to the panel on Terrace Talk last night Kerry are going to get to the All Ireland final

John Kennedy said so because this year Munster play Ulster in the Semi Finals thus they will avoid Dublin until the final.

No one bothered to correct him and tell him that there was a different system this year

It's a bit like last year when it was only on the August Bank Holiday Monday that it dawned on them that they had to beat Mayo to get to Dublin, after spending the whole year talking about how to beat Dublin.

Terrace Talk used to be a great show but it’s like the GAA equivalent of Arsenal Fan Tv at this stage. They really need to shake it up and get the likes of Marc O’Se and Sean O’Sullivan (or any recent players) in to contribute more. Some of the current contributors are hopeless.

Very hard to gauge our chances of doing anything later in the year at this stage. We have suffered bad league defeats in the past and come good on the dryer summer sod so who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sean O Sullivan will be taking over the weekend sports on Radio Kerry in a few months so they should give him Terrace Talk as well

Sean O Sullivan will be taking over the weekend sports on Radio Kerry in a few months so they should give him Terrace Talk as well

Give tim the Saturday sport and sean o sullivan terrace talk.

mickeyk wrote: »
    Terrace Talk used to be a great show but it’s like the GAA equivalent of Arsenal Fan Tv at this stage. They really need to shake it up and get the likes of Marc O’Se and Sean O’Sullivan (or any recent players) in to contribute more. Some of the current contributors are hopeless.

Very hard to gauge our chances of doing anything later in the year at this stage. We have suffered bad league defeats in the past and come good on the dryer summer sod so who knows.
    It's very hard to know where kerry are at but the way they are going on about the all ireland final and dublin you'd think kerry were a dead cert to get there.

They are very ignorant of the fact that there are other decent teams in the all ireland series as well that are capable of beating kerry at the moment.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    It's very hard to know where kerry are at but the way they are going on about the all ireland final and dublin you'd think kerry were a dead cert to get there.

They are very ignorant of the fact that there are other decent teams in the all ireland series as well that are capable of beating kerry at the moment.

Absolutely, nobody can possibly predict that we’ll be in the final this year, and if they do and it comes off it’s a lucky guess, nothing more. It’s bizarre to be even discussing it on TT after what happened at the weekend but I wasn’t listening so I don’t know in what context it came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

There's talk of Yellow cards being carried forward to future games when the championship starts.
    Good job the league isn't counting as Kerry lads racked up loads of stiff paper on Sunday.
    They will have to cut out the fouling and third man tackles soon or they can forget about meeting Dublin later on.

Micko is clearly doting now, but fair play to Dublin for giving them the SAM cup for Micko's farewell bash.
    It looks like he won't be near that yoke again any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

wackokid wrote: »
    Micko is clearly doting now, but fair play to Dublin for giving them the SAM cup for Micko's farewell bash.

:rolleyes:

mystic86 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Don’t feed it and it’ll go away

mickeyk wrote: »
    Don’t feed it and it’ll go away

I meant to post this earlier, but was anyone else at the game on Sunday? I have never experienced un-sporting behaviour from a crowd like that shown by the Dublin fans on Sunday. It really would change the whole nature of attending such occasions should such behaviour become the norm. I'd rather not pay good money to listen to such bad sportsmanship for an hour and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

I meant to post this earlier, but was anyone else at the game on Sunday? I have never experienced un-sporting behaviour from a crowd like that shown by the Dublin fans on Sunday. It really would change the whole nature of attending such occasions should such behaviour become the norm. I'd rather not pay good money to listen to such bad sportsmanship for an hour and a half.

Like what? I've never had anything but craic and banter out of the Dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

wackokid wrote: »
    There's talk of Yellow cards being carried forward to future games when the championship starts.
    Good job the league isn't counting as Kerry lads racked up loads of stiff paper on Sunday.
    They will have to cut out the fouling and third man tackles soon or they can forget about meeting Dublin later on.

Micko failed to point out that Kerry have been on the receiving end of defeats to Dublin since 2011. He should close his mouth and go about his business he is well past it. He should call a spade a spade and admit Dublin are a great team and it's going to take alot more than the present Kerry team to beat them. I dont think Kerry will be close to a final this year. Everyone knows that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

If Micko should close his mouth because he's past it what does that imply about dudes on boards who never had it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Amprodude wrote: »
    Micko failed to point out that Kerry have been on the receiving end of defeats to Dublin since 2011. He should close his mouth and go about his business he is well past it. He should call a spade a spade and admit Dublin are a great team and it's going to take alot more than the present Kerry team to beat them. I dont think Kerry will be close to a final this year. Everyone knows that.

You have changed your tune
    Seriously guys this Dublin team have barely fallen over the line in All Ireland finals and people saying they are unbeatable the dream team etc. Come on ffs only for Mayo pressing the self destruct button on the last 2 All Irelands we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. This team are just average at their greatest and because Leinster is so weak right now makes Dublin look alot better than what they really are. The Kerry and Tyrone teams of the 00's, the 80's Cork and Meath teams/Kerry team of the 1970's would maul this team single handedly.
    No bitterness at all. Just calling a spade a spade. Donegal 2011-14 team showed up this team. Mayo had the measure too but silly errors really did cost them. Do I think Dublin will win 4 in a row? No way. In a way Dublin are lucky to be where they are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

THE Kerry football team to face Kildare on Saturday night in Austin Stack Park has three changes from the side defeated by Dublin last week.

Brian O Beaglaioch moves to corner back in place of Shane Enright with Fionn Fitzgerald coming into the side at wing back. Daithi Casey starts as does Barry John Keane while Sean O’Shea and Adrian Spillane lose out.

The team captained by Fionn Fitzgerald is as follows;

1 Shane Murphy Dr. Crokes

2 Brian Ó Beaglaoich An Ghaeltacht

3 Jason Foley Ballydonoghue

4 Ronan Shanahan Austin Stacks

5 Paul Murphy Rathmore

6 Peter Crowley Laune Rangers

7 Fionn Fitzgerald (Captain) Dr. Crokes

8 Jack Barry Na Gaeil

9 Barry O’Sullivan Dingle

10 Micheál Burns Dr. Crokes

11 Dáithí Casey Dr. Crokes

12 Kevin McCarthy Kilcummin

13 David Clifford Fossa

14 Paul Geaney Dingle

15 Barry John Keane Kerins O’Rahillys

Fir Ionaid:

16 Brian Kelly Killarney Legion

17 Adrian Spillane Templenoe

18 David Moran Kerins O’Rahillys

19 Michael Geaney Dingle

20 Stephen O’Brien Kenmare

21 Matthew Flaherty Dingle

22 Tom O’Sullivan Dingle

23 Mark Griffin St Michaels/Foilmore

24 Johnny Buckley Dr. Crokes

25 Killian Spillane Templenoe

26 Cormac Coffey Kerins O’Rahillys

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

6 up at HT.

Neither side playing well tbh.

Jack Barry having a stormer at midfield.

Clifford playing well inside.

Casey doing ok at CHF makibg me wonder seriously how M.Geaney was on ahead of hin last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

DDC1990 wrote: »
    6 up at HT.

Neither side playing well tbh.

Jack Barry having a stormer at midfield.

Clifford playing well inside.

Casey doing ok at CHF makibg me wonder seriously how M.Geaney was on ahead of hin last week.

Reminds me of a young Darragh O See.Clifford is a class act.

Kildare have only played in spurts,Flynn keeping them in it.Feely's departure is a huge loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

DDC1990 wrote: »

Joke decision tbqh

Anyone know the story with parking for Healy Park in Omagh? Heading up Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

dobman88 wrote: »
    Anyone know the story with parking for Healy Park in Omagh? Heading up Sunday.

Plenty parking places open in the town centre. You could get a bit of grub in a place called Main Street I'd recommend and walk the 15 mins or so to Healy Park.

Alternatively, there's plenty parking out the road in/around the Silver Birch hotel if you're there early enough. They do a decent carvery there and it's 5 mins walk or less to the ground then from there.

Enjoy the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Plenty parking places open in the town centre. You could get a bit of grub in a place called Main Street I'd recommend and walk the 15 mins or so to Healy Park.

Alternatively, there's plenty parking out the road in/around the Silver Birch hotel if you're there early enough. They do a decent carvery there and it's 5 mins walk or less to the ground then from there.

Enjoy the trip.

Yep. Recommend the Silver Birch, grand meal if you're there early enough, they take £ or € and only ten minutes walk from ground.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies. Found out at training tonight the manager has arranged a friendly for Sunday morning. Fingers crossed for an 11am throw in and I'd be able to head up after

So the game against Tyrone means nothing to us from a league table point of view, we are only fighting for a 4th place finish instead of a 5th place finish I think.

Still, it will certainly be a good test for these players.

So the game against Tyrone means nothing to us from a league table point of view, we are only fighting for a 4th place finish instead of a 5th place finish I think.

Still, it will certainly be a good test for these players.

Tyrone look to be in good form and will probably have too much for us. 4th or 5th doesn’t matter, it’ll be long forgotten come the summer. We seem to have a lot of injuries at the minute so it’s a good opportunity for the fringe lads to test themselves against a good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Team vs Tyrone....

1 Brian Kelly Killarney Legion

2 Brian Ó Beaglaoich An Ghaeltacht

3 Jason Foley Ballydonoghue

4 Tom O’Sullivan Dingle

5 Cormac Coffey Kerins O’Rahillys

6 Mark Griffin St Michaels/Foilmore

7 Fionn Fitzgerald (Captain) Dr. Crokes

8 Jack Barry Na Gaeil

9 David Moran Kerins O’Rahillys

10 Micheál Burns Dr. Crokes

11Dáithí Casey Dr. Crokes

12 Kevin McCarthy Kilcummin

13 Killian Spillane Templenoe

14 Johnny Buckley Dr. Crokes

15 Stephen O’Brien Kenmare

Fir Ionaid:

16 Shane Murphy Dr. Crokes

17 David Clifford Fossa

18 Barry O’Sullivan Dingle

19 Ronan Shanahan Austin Stacks

20 Matthew Flaherty Dingle

21 Jack Savage Kerins O’Rahillys

22 Éanna Ó Conchúir An Ghaeltacht

23 Tadhg Morley Templenoe

24 Greg Horan Austin Stacks

25 Brendan O’SullivanValentia

26 Brian Ó Seanacháin Ballydonoghue

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

A truly bizarre line up. Maybe we'll end up doing something special this year and I'll have to eat my words but I'm very much ready for this set up to be over.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    A truly bizarre line up. Maybe we'll end up doing something special this year and I'll have to eat my words but I'm very much ready for this set up to be over.

It should of been over after the semi final last year. He's done well enough bringing an all ireland and a league title but it's time for change if there is any hope of success in the not so distant future.

Advertisement