Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

dobman88 wrote: »
    In fairness, the way the article is written it sounds like someone from Kerry GAA made contact with Dan to offer the bribe, citing the potential the footballers had as excuse. It doesnt read like they contacted him themselves and offered to pay him off.

Exactly.

Now it may not be the case, but its insinuated in the article that GAA figures contacted the victim.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Exactly.

Now it may not be the case, but its insinuated in the article that GAA figures contacted the victim.

Keep in mind this is Kerrys Eye.

Wouldn't exactly have the greatest reputation in the world.

Kerrys version of The S*n.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Is Paudie Clifford really that good that he's our championship starter now instead of Geaney, Tommy, Burns, Brosnan, Spillane? He's been grand in the league and obviously for EK but it's been a long time since a fella came from the fringes at his age. Galvin maybe the last who really kicked on after being overlooked early.

100% starter. He is one of the best play makers in the country as he has great vision for a good pass, he has a massive work rate, can take a score, and most importantly knows his brothers style of play better than anyone. While Geaney and Spillane are better score getters, the rest of their game isn’t as good as his.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Not a good look for Kerry GAA if true.

It's only on kerry GAA if they're kept on panel after this

It's only on kerry GAA if they're kept on panel after this

Not if someone from Kerry GAA was responsible for the alleged bribery.

• Advertisement

Not if someone from Kerry GAA was responsible for the alleged bribery.

Big "if" there.

Big "if" there.

Oh yeah I know.

Its not out of the realms of possibility though. These alleged GAA figures would be either from their clubs or Kerry GAA itself. They are the only entities that have anything to gain here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Oh yeah I know.

Its not out of the realms of possibility though. These alleged GAA figures would be either from their clubs or Kerry GAA itself. They are the only entities that have anything to gain here.

There was already a story published this year concerning actions taken by officials in a Kerry GAA club, so far from implausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

There was already a story published this year concerning actions taken by officials in a Kerry GAA club, so far from implausible.

What was that?

What was that?

Probably best if I answer you by PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

Is Paudie Clifford really that good that he's our championship starter now instead of Geaney, Tommy, Burns, Brosnan, Spillane? He's been grand in the league and obviously for EK but it's been a long time since a fella came from the fringes at his age. Galvin maybe the last who really kicked on after being overlooked early.

He’s shown some food movement so far and caused trouble for the opposition.

Edit: good movement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

BPKS wrote: »
    Keep in mind this is Kerrys Eye.

Wouldn't exactly have the greatest reputation in the world.

Kerrys version of The S*n.

Also the reporter in question i'm lead to believe has quite the anti GAA agenda about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

cms88 wrote: »
    Also the reporter in question i'm lead to believe has quite the anti GAA agenda about him.

Maybe he's anti thuggery and corruption

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Easy.

Its says two prominent GAA figures. Its not saying the accused did it.

Kerry GAA or the clubs in which the accused play have a lot to gain from this complaint going away, so its reasonable to assume that the "2 prominent" may have had a connection to either a GAA club in Kerry or Kerry GAA themselves.

The 2"individuals in their own time" were GAA Figures according to the article, so hardly 2 private individuals.

What exactly are you saying? :confused:

Talk about the high ground, can't you take a post on face value or do you have to twist things

mystic86 wrote: »
    What exactly are you saying? :confused:

The article alleges 2 prominent GAA figures attempted to bribe the victim to drop his complaint.

Its fair to assume that those figures may have connections to either Kerry GAA or the clubs in which the convicted criminals represent.

It's an allegation

The people could be club level rather than county level

The people could have personal connections to the people in question as well as being say officers of a local club or whatever

If this is true then obviously they should be removed

It's an allegation

The people could be club level rather than county level

The people could have personal connections to the people in question as well as being say officers of a local club or whatever

If this is true then obviously they should be removed

It an allegation, hence why I used the word allege.

It an allegation, hence why I used the word allege.

Well I would say it's not a good look for the people involved in the alleged event, if true, it's only a bad look for Kerry GAA if Kerry gaa knew about it and didn't get rid of them

Which is two ifs instead of one, which is my issue with your original post

Edit : didn't

Well I would say it's not a good look for the people involved in the alleged event, if true, it's only a bad look for Kerry GAA if Kerry gaa knew about it and then get rid of them

Which is two ifs instead of one, which is my issue with your original post

If its true that a Kerry GAA offical tried to make the complaint go away, then its a bad look whether he was acting alone or not.

Big ifs and too early to say whats happened at the min. But its a big allegation. Hopefully more information comes to light. Im just speculating at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

This wouldnt be the first rodeo for the GAA now tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

He's not. It's not too long ago he tried to bring the GAA into a case it had nothing to do with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Ronan Buckley not in the panel tomorrow. Wonder if he's Kerry days are over or was it just doneto take the limelight off the situation

siblers wrote: »
    Ronan Buckley not in the panel tomorrow. Wonder if he's Kerry days are over or was it just doneto take the limelight off the situation

Don't see him featuring anytime soon

Biggest talking point of tonight's selection is that David Moran starts, with Adrian Spillane dropping to the bench:

https://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/1408501323121709059

Murphy dropped is surprising enough too. Captain and mister reliable. I said to the brother Mike Breen will be pushing him for his spot and it seems to have happened. He has done very well so far and is there on merit.

Has to be coming to last chance saloon territory for Moran. If theres a noticeable difference in the pace of the team compared to that v Tyrone his days could be numbered for starting. If he does well and proves me wrong, I'd be delighted.

Glad to see the full back line remain unchanged too. Not sure Morley has the pace or know how for it at this level but still a decent option to have coming on.

Biggest talking point of tonight's selection is that David Moran starts, with Adrian Spillane dropping to the bench:

https://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/1408501323121709059

At least one tough decision was made benching Murphy. It was a lot to hope for 3 big drops. To be fair Moran is well suited to the Clare midfield and will most likely do well. However it’s very short sighted and the first mistake lowering the chances of winning an All Ireland. Spillane and Barry should be given as much game time as is possible in a very short championship.

What do fellas make of the keeper situation?

By all accounts it was expected Ryan would just come back in but I'm actually happy enough to see Fitzgibbon in there. He has looked very comfortable and his kickouts have been composed and on target.

What do fellas make of the keeper situation?

By all accounts it was expected Ryan would just come back in but I'm actually happy enough to see Fitzgibbon in there. He has looked very comfortable and his kickouts have been composed and on target.

Fitzgibbons kickouts and especially the fast pace of them suits our fast style of play perfectly. Ryan is a very good keeper and possibly a better shot stopper etc but think he should remain as back up for now as he is definitely a lot slower and more indecisive on kick outs.

• Advertisement

Forge83 wrote: »
    Fitzgibbons kickouts and especially the fast pace of them suits our fast style of play perfectly. Ryan is a very good keeper and possibly a better shot stopper etc but think he should remain as back up for now as he is definitely a lot slower and more indecisive on kick outs.

I would agree with you.

Advertisement