Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭50HX

Is he not part of the river dance set up so probably on tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Tomas O Se podcast latest episode is with Mike Frank. Quite interesting to be fair. He thinks if he was still on the panel in 2011 he could have played a role.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,545 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Great performance today. Everything right for us in the end. Hon the Rebels. Sone great scores from outside the 45 unhinged the blanket defence.

Seanie start to tick, superb performance by Jason Foley would have been my MOTM

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Forge83

Massive score. Some fantastic play but I wouldn’t be getting carried away just yet. Louth were horrendous.

Foley has been excellent in most games and with him taking Mulrooy out of the game Louth were never going to put up a fight. Diarmuid O Connor gave us a great platform and has to be commended considering the flack he has taken the last few weeks. For me he was man of the match.

Alternating Seanie and Paudie worked very well. Breen was solid as a rock and a real defender. For me he keeps that spot when White comes back with either Murphy or Graham losing out.

Shane Ryans kick outs were top notch.

Is the quarter final draw also being made tomorrow? Hoping for Galway V Mayo in prelims 🤪

I would not be getting carried away either but a huge step up from previous games. Ya Diarmuid had a good game but the defence only concerning 2 points in the first half gave us a platform to work on. I just taught that Jason was immense and it's seldom defenders get MOTM recognition

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭50HX

The preliminary qf draw is 2mor at 8:30 on radio 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Tyrone it is... would rather play them now than meet them in the final

100%. If we can beat Tyrone I don’t think anyone will stop us. It’s the best draw for this team to be honest. Win it and confidence goes through the roof, lose it and it shows where the team really is. A win against Monaghan would have shown very little.

Can we meet Mayo or Cork in a semi final if they got through? Or is it same rules that mean we could only play any of the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

no idea of how semi-final draw is going to work... i might enquire over on sam maguire thread

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Gaa president confirmed on RTE this morning the semi’s would try to avoid repeat pairings so not Mayo if we both get thru.

• Advertisement

No repeat pairing as much as can be avoided. Provincial finalists avoiding each other are priority. I am not sure is group winners/runners up orbos the first teams that played each other in the group stage.

Highly unlikely all three group teams will qualify for semi finals. I think we will struggle with Tyrone. They are timing there run perfectly. They are a bogey team to us and will continue so.

Slava Ukrainii

Brendan Cawley of Kildare is the referee.

Slava Ukrainii

He normally blows a lot of frees so if still the case that’s a help to Kerry.

Big Matchups on our side next week as follows I think.

Does Jason Foley follow Mattie Donnelly everywhere?

Tom O Sullivan on McCurry?

Is Paul Murphy the ideal man for Darragh Canavan?

Jack Barry on killpatrick surely.

Adrian Spillane has to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

I think that's a good draw for Kerry, a proper test against a proper physical, quick team who won't hold back and be in their faces all game.

No disrespect to Monaghan but I'd have expected Kerry to win and we'd be no nearer to knowing where the team is at.

If we go out and beat Tyrone, it'll be through a hard fought win and should instil a confidence in the team on time for a potential semi final.

My only worry is Tyrone have had a few games to get going and will be well up for it. I don't think there will be more than a score between them at the end and hope the lads can get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Game to be played at 3:45 Saturday on GAAGO.

If there is only a score in it at the end I do not think we will win it.

Slava Ukrainii

If we are one point up when the final whistle goes, we'll have won by a score. I'm not sure what you mean tbh. Maybe we won't. But it'll definitely be close.

No point winning a quarter final, going to play better teams and having no idea where you are. Tyrone will provide a very tough game and if Kerry can do it, it will stand to them regardless of who they play in a semi final.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Unless Cork get through aswell, then it could be Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭thesultan

Couldn't handle Canavan in the league. The real deal.. Savage performer..need a big game from Kerry's half forwards..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Piskin

Good draw, if this doesn't focus the team then nothing will...A Spillane has to start as I don't rate J Barry & D o C goes missing for a lot of the game in big games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

What's going on with the u21 final?

The fixture has been referred to the CCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

Very strange alright. Officially, it seems like East Kerry are unable to or are refusing to field a team.

A lot more to this I would imagine than meets the eye.

East Kerry have some players on Holiday so are saying they can’t field a team. North Kerry offered a new dated of next Monday or Tuesday but they are saying their players will not be back. Gone back to CCC now for a decision. They are chancing their arm, the final date has been set for a long time. They have the pick of East Kerry clubs, call up a few new players and get on with it. Very unfair on the North Kerry team.

Closer this gets. The more nervous I am. Can see another Tyrone ambush coming. Not sure we have the backs or defensive solidity to cope with their attack.

Jesus I hope I'm wrong but hard to fathom how Tyrone are a 9/4 shot.

Safe travels to everyone going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Some victory, even sweeter than the time we bate them out the gate down in Killarney all those years ago

I've never been more happy to be so wrong about anything. A demolition. And no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Hard to take any meaning from it but it was delightful to watch. Tyrone were massively over-hyped. Nevertheless, the kerry defense was fairly impressive today. Hope they can keep that form up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Seadin

That was an impressive win by Kerry. I could see it coming. They are the best team to peak at the right moment in Championship.

Wow. What a performance. Dominated every area of the field.

Ive said many times here that Diarmuid O Connor is a star player and god he showed that today. He has it all, a complete midfielder built perfectly for the modern game. I don’t want to hear anymore shite talk about David Moran’s loss as he isn’t a loss.

I felt Adrian Spillane set the tone for us early with some great hard tackles. Our defence just locked Tyrone down with a great mix of skills and tackling.

Davids pass, I couldn’t begin to say anything about it. Just watch it on repeat again and again.

Paudie maybe let emotion get to him a bit today but that is what it is.

Seanie, Graham, Gavin, Shane and Jason all immense today.

Looks like we came out of the game unscathed. Bring on anyone in the semi final!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Piskin

Polished display...could have hammered them by more easily.

Advertisement