Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options
1197198199200201203»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

That’s what I had heard. Big loss is it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭kerryjack

He might be right, on reflection talking to a few people outside the county about Kerry's game and a few people saying that we just can't play that type of shite, 30 men in side in a square of ground not much bigger than some people's kitchens but my argument is that we had 3 of the countrys best long range shooters in D Clifford, Sean O Se and Tony Bronson why didn't they go for more scores from outside the 40, we got so tied up with the opposition negativeiy that we forgot about our own game and the talent at our disposal,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭50HX

The % return from long range scores isn't high enough to justify giving away possession via the kick out again

It's the way the game has gone unfortunately, Dublin in their pom rarely shot outside the "sacred D"

Stats stats & more stats

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭westsidestory

Whatever about playing a few games in 70s & 80s and winning AIs not having serious games at this stage going against Kerry. Look how Galway have grown in to the championship as summer has progressed after having tight competitive games and learning along the road. Sligo and Mayo had them near beat in Connacht, Armagh grabbed a draw out of defeat up in Markievicz park etc. With the footballers Kerry have they could only learn and improve. Shocking to see 1 team cramping up.

Game reminded me of 2002 AI final with Kerry the superior team in first half and Armagh picking it up in 2nd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement