Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Exactly and with a host of players now that wear the green and gold at different levels they should you think have done enough to be put into the first round proper

The grading has zero to do with how many Kerry players a team has. It's about how many games a team has won in the last 5 years.

To be honest, I don't know why they don't just have an open draw and change the prelim round teams each year (can't be drawn in this round 2 years in a row or whatever). The cream will rise to the top anyway and it could be an endless cycle with the same teams if the current preliminary format is continued which serves no purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Kelly retained in goals.

Killian Young back?

McCarthy to the bench.

Donaghy retains his spot.

Not going to be a popular team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Jason Foley back in for Mark Griffin, James O'Donoghue on the bench.

1. Brian Kelly
    2. Jason Foley
    3. Peter Crowley
    4. Tom O'Sullivan
    5. Paul Murphy
    6. Killian Young
    7. Gavan White (C)
    8. David Moran
    9. Jack Barry
    10. Micheál Burns
    11. Sean O'Shea
    12. Stephen O'Brien
    13. David Clifford
    14. Kieran Donaghy
    15. Paul Geaney

Subs:

16. Shane Murphy
    17. Mark Griffin
    18. Kevin McCarthy
    19. James O'Donoghue
    20. Brian O'Beaglaíoch
    21. Anthony Maher
    22. Barry John Keane
    23. Darran O'Sullivan
    24. Tadhg Morley
    25. Fionn Fitzgerald
    26. Daithí Casey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

A young and fit Kildare team will make bits of Killian Young.

Thought we'd have gone with pace up front but assume they've been working with Donaghy and Clifford for them to "click" as EF called it.

Can't see that team beating kildare by 6 or whatever it is we need to win by.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

1. Brian Kelly
    2. Jason Foley
    3. Peter Crowley
    4. Tom O'Sullivan
    5. Paul Murphy
    6. Killian Young
    7. Gavan White (C)
    8. David Moran
    9. Jack Barry
    10. MicheBurns
    11. Sean O'Shea
    12. Stephen O'Brien
    13. David Clifford
    14. Kieran Donaghy
    15. Paul Geaney

Subs:

16. Shane Murphy
    17. Mark Griffin
    18. Kevin McCarthy
    19. James O'Donoghue
    20. Brian O'Beaglah
    21. Anthony Maher
    22. Barry John Keane
    23. Darran O'Sullivan
    24. Tadhg Morley
    25. Fionn Fitzgerald
    26. Daithasey

Seriously like

I know he is not having his 2014 season but still feck it lads he contributes more than Donaghey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

He certainly leaves you scratching your head with most of his selections anyway.
    If this really IS the team to start then, Crowley 3, Young 6 and the same midfield..are ludicrous calls to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Nothing new there, regurgitated stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

I feel sorry for Ronan Shanahan, falling straight out of the starting line-up and 26 man panel - can't understand that, unless he is injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I feel sorry for Ronan Shanahan, falling straight out of the starting line-up and 26 man panel - can't understand that, unless he is injured.

Has to be injured he has made the 26 in every game and acquitted himself well when called upon.

It is good to see Dáithí Casey in the 26 I have great time for him as a player, although I don’t expect to see him on the field.

Killian at CB is a bit of a worry. I don’t think he is a natural fit there at all and he couldn’t be match sharp with so little played, presumably he will switch with Crowley if needs be. The chopping and changing this year across the back has been crazy in general. The backs have had no chance to settle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,557 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

1. Brian Kelly
    2. Jason Foley
    3. Peter Crowley
    4. Tom O'Sullivan
    5. Paul Murphy
    6. Killian Young
    7. Gavan White (C)
    8. David Moran
    9. Jack Barry
    10. Micheál Burns
    11. Sean O'Shea
    12. Stephen O'Brien
    13. David Clifford
    14. Kieran Donaghy
    15. Paul Geaney

Subs:

16. Shane Murphy
    17. Mark Griffin
    18. Kevin McCarthy
    19. James O'Donoghue
    20. Brian O'Beaglaíoch
    21. Anthony Maher
    22. Barry John Keane
    23. Darran O'Sullivan
    24. Tadhg Morley
    25. Fionn Fitzgerald
    26. Daithí Casey

It defies expectation, as already said is Shanahan injured. Two weeks ago Morley was on the bench unused, on the bench again next Sunday is he injured or not. The rest of the selection is a kind of musical chairs. Killain in for Mark and Burns for McCarthy. Donaghy starting and JOD on the bench. No impact sub on the bench and unless Morley is match fit only O'Donoghue, McCarthy and O Beaglaioch are subs worth bringing on. I am sure that Daithi Casey is a good player but why was Fionn and Donnacha ahead of him against Monaghan.

We might be as well off if we were put out of our misery tomorrow.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭kerrysoul

Why has Fitzmaurice picked Young. He has learned nothing from the Galway game. Clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Is Fitzmaurice looking for the boot or is this a bluff team?

Ronan Shanahan dropped from the 26 is absolutely ridiculous. One of our best backs against Monaghan. If Morley isn’t fit to start he is not fit for the bench.

Crowley at full and Young at Centre is asking for Kildare to target us straight down the middle. We will leak 2-3 goals minimum.

Donaghy to start but nobody will be instructed to kick high ball in like against Monaghan. This will emphasis what an absolute clown Fitzmaurice is.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Wondering if it will be possible to get tickets at the gate today.
    Down on holidays and looking to bring the kids.
    Thanks in advance.

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Wondering if it will be possible to get tickets at the gate today.
    Thanks in advance.

Wouldn't be too sure, tickets.ie say it's sold out but if tickets are available there's usually a GAA van selling them on Lewis road on the walk up to the stadium.

Might be worth a walk up to see if there's any available but wouldn't expect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Strange team- the inaction when it comes to make necessary outfield changes is made more ludicrous by the haste displayed in dropping Shane Murphy after the Galway game.

To be honest that decision still rankles me as the lad was hung out to dry- same as Griffin against Monaghan.

It’s real ignore the symptoms kind of stuff- leave one lad as a fall guy for a systems failure in the middle third.

Surprised that the midfield/ centre back and half forward line are lined out as they are but I still think we’ll win today and here’s hoping Galway can do us a favour.

I really hope we start seeing some movement towards a settled/functioning game plan today-we need our midfield to really compete, Young to hold the centre and our half forward line to improve the supply of ball going in.

Thanks in advance.

There will be a van selling tickets at the Lewis road entrance. I don’t imagine that it will be anywhere near a sell out so there should be plenty of room on the terrace

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

mickeyk wrote: »
    There will be a van selling tickets at the Lewis road entrance. I don’t imagine that it will be anywhere near a sell out so there should be plenty of room on the terrace
    Plenty tickets avaiable. The loyal Kerry supporters will be waiting for the final

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Strange team- the inaction when it comes to make necessary outfield changes is made more ludicrous by the haste displayed in dropping Shane Murphy after the Galway game.

To be honest that decision still rankles me as the lad was hung out to dry- same as Griffin against Monaghan.

It’s real ignore the symptoms kind of stuff- leave one lad as a fall guy for a systems failure in the middle third.

Surprised that the midfield/ centre back and half forward line are lined out as they are but I still think we’ll win today and here’s hoping Galway can do us a favour.

I really hope we start seeing some movement towards a settled/functioning game plan today-we need our midfield to really compete, Young to hold the centre and our half forward line to improve the supply of ball going in.

Agreed with all of the above.
    Is Morley injured or not? Is he just taking a handy spot on the bench? I wish the management would come out and say player a,b and c are injured, it would stop the discontent between supporters. Shanahan being case in point.
    Also where has Crowley gone to?
    Killian Young again is a mystery, I just dont know what to think at this stage

fwiw I think we should win by the 5 points target as Kildare have zero to play for. What will happen above in Salthill is anyones guess

Edgware wrote: »
    Plenty tickets avaiable. The loyal Kerry supporters will be waiting for the final

That’s a great joke, did you come up with that yourself? Must have taken ages, you’re a gas man in fairness

• Advertisement

wonga77 wrote: »
    Agreed with all of the above.
    Is Morley injured or not? Is he just taking a handy spot on the bench? I wish the management would come out and say player a,b and c are injured, it would stop the discontent between supporters. Shanahan being case in point.
    Also where has Crowley gone to?
    Killian Young again is a mystery, I just dont know what to think at this stage

fwiw I think we should win by the 5 points target as Kildare have zero to play for. What will happen above in Salthill is anyones guess

Even the bench is a surprise to me- I think McCarthy, Casey and Darren will all bring something very similar to both what’s on the pitch already and to what each other bring.

Surely have someone in there to change tack if needs be during the game.
    We seem to have a plan A and when that doesn’t work- the only solution is to double down on plan A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Thanks in advance.

You will have no problem buying as many tickets as you want at the stadium.

Kerry get good crowds at home but it’s a big stadium relatively speaking and I wouldn’t expect a big Kildare contingent given their season is over and they have an U20 final tomorrow.

There is nobody in kerry waiting for a final this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

in fairness to the kerry support they travelled in large numbers to Monaghan for the previous match.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

It's no dummy team either it transpires.

Fairly diabolical stuff all round. Killian Young found out a few times and caught for pace as expected, has Donaghy won a single ball played into him yet apart from one handy one under little pressure. So many wides. Couple of lost kick outs and at least one out over the line. Kildares indiscipline might bail us out so we get the win but it's literally papering over cracks if we go through.

Monaghan doing what they do best in salthill. Probably better if we don't go through so we avoid an absolute pasting against the dubs

Lol. James and Kev Mac in 35 minutes too late

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You'll be waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Meh. Got what we deserved in the end. Probably done us a favour cause the dubs would pick us apart. Wonder if the management will walk. I doubt it somehow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

wonga77 wrote: »
    Meh. Got what we deserved in the end. Probably done us a favour cause the dubs would pick us apart. Wonder if the management will walk. I doubt it somehow

Surely will walk now after 3 poor performances

Advertisement