Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

dobman88 wrote: »
    You're from Cork so should be more worried about the muck in your own county.

And yes, I'm definitely defending hate mail sent to a man who has given a lot of his life to Kerry, that's exactly what I'm doing.

You're a long time troll, just a pi$$poor one

Kerry weren't in the top 5 of the football rankings this year after crashing out last week in the All Ireland Senior Football championship. I think that's poor by Kerry's standards and most normal Kerry fans would agree with that but you especially are trying to defend the undefendable. Some of your fans left Killarney during the game after they heard the result in Galway. Real poor by some of the so called Kerry fans at the match. You are correct Cork are $hite and have been since 2012 but that doesn't mean I will never support them or follow then when they are playing good ot bad. I am a true supporter though the good and bad times.

So Doberman88 did you stay to watch your team playing last Saturday or did you leave? Or were you even there? Probably not going by your knowledge here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,557 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Amprodude wrote: »
    Kerry weren't in the top 5 of the football rankings this year after crashing out last week in the All Ireland Senior Football championship. I think that's poor by Kerry's standards and most normal Kerry fans would agree with that but you especially are trying to defend the undefendable. Some of your fans left Killarney during the game after they heard the result in Galway. Real poor by some of the so called Kerry fans at the match. You are correct Cork are $hite and have been since 2012 but that doesn't mean I will never support them or follow then when they are playing good ot bad. I am a true supporter though the good and bad times.

So Doberman88 did you stay to watch your team playing last Saturday or did you leave? Or were you even there? Probably not going by your knowledge here.

To be fair they did not. 5 minutes into the second half we all knew that Monaghan were going through as they were 6 point up against Galway. Kerry fans only started to leave with 5-7 minutes of normal time remaining. I think this was more to do with what they saw in the first half rather than the result in Salthill.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Amprodude wrote: »

I don't care about rankings. And just to be clear I am 100% NOT defending anything to do with any kind of abuse of players or managers from any club or county.

Not that it matters a jot but I'll admit I was not there, I live in Meath now and had work last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Amprodude setting more ‘traps’! Some exciting life!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Well done to the Minors. They survived losing a big lead and had the assurance to push on at the end and in injury time. Not bad for players making their 1st appearance in HQ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Gael85

munster87 wrote: »
    Amprodude setting more ‘traps’! Some exciting life!

He seems to troll on teams that lose. On Clare page last week and Monaghan one yesterday which he later deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Paul Galvin wasn't going to write much about the shortcomings of the outgoing management or the stagnation of the senior team since 2015 so I suppose 'Blame the number of Clubs' is as good a way to go as any to fill space.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

Radio5 wrote: »
    Paul Galvin wasn't going to write much about the shortcomings of the outgoing management or the stagnation of the senior team since 2015 so I suppose 'Blame the number of Clubs' is as good a way to go as any to fill space.

Agreed. The greatest load of tripe I’ve read in a long time that article. A great way for Paul Galvin to deflect any blame away from his brother in law by talking about the number of clubs in Tralee? How did he come up with that one.
    All the O’Ses, Galvin, Gooch etc all great pals with Fitz so I can’t take any of their articles serious regarding Kerry football in the last 18 months.
    They blame players, lack of leaders on pitch, no of clubs etc but never ever tear into the management team about their tactical shortcomings.
    I also think our chairman is too involved with the Senior team, and have a feeling he will be very involved in the next one too. Watch this space.
    His job is separate and not to be involved on the sideline on match days.
    Last 2 years have been a mess when we look back on it really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭shockframe

For a town of 22,000 people you would need 3 clubs at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

RTÉ reporting jack o Connor is in “pole position” to take over as Kerry senior manager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

There is really nothing in that article.

I dont know about Jack coming back again,he has had two goes at it already and I think that is enough for him,

I think its time to give it to someone new for the senior job like Peter Keane for Liam Kearns

Peter Keane would have a good relationship with the younger members of the panel too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Where is all the love for JOC coming from all of a sudden? His odds are crashing. Twice was nearly enough for him imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

The man is a tactical dinosaur, we're fcuked if he gets the job

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

I hope Peter Keane was asked first and declined for some reason and Jack was the back up plan. If they didn't try and get Peter Keane in then the County Board is way off the mark and haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭kerrysoul

I hope the county board offer the job to PK. JOC hasn't been too successful with the U20/21's over the last 2 seasons. Fresh start needed, complete break from recent past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

I thought we might have some positivity injected into the discussion after all the sh*te in recent weeks, hate-mail gate etc..

Now we have a 4 man sub-committee appointed to recommend the next Senior manager..one of the 4 being a selector with Jack for the past 5 seasons. That's going to be fierce unbiased transparent stuff there isn't it? No wonder Jack's odds were slashed..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'd be fine with Jack if I thought PK would get the job in two years when some younger fellas have gotten some good experience. As ridiculous as that sounds, I reckon if we're to kick on, PK would be the man to do it, Jack might just steady the ship and bring through some of the previous minor players he's coached.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭kerrysoul

JoC doesn't have the craft for the big tight games that are won or lost by a single score. The 2005, and 2011 finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

D'Agger wrote: »
    I'd be fine with Jack if I thought PK would get the job in two years when some younger fellas have gotten some good experience. As ridiculous as that sounds, I reckon if we're to kick on, PK would be the man to do it, Jack might just steady the ship and bring through some of the previous minor players he's coached.

Based on 2011, 2012 and the last 3 years at under 21/20, despite his good record before that and the 2 Minor titles, I would rather a fresh approach. I don't trust some of the men Jack has around him and I don't think Jack is the kind of man to listen to others much anyway. Some of the tactics and team selections he's made in the last 3 years have been very dicey to say the least. The seeming lack of awareness of how Kildare u20s (Hyland and McLoughlin particularly) setup and played this year was quite sloppy work for one thing.

If you said it would be Jack with Donie Buckley as coach say, I would go for that..but ain't going to happen.

Surely if Peter Keane wins the 3rd Minor title he has a good shot at the Senior job if he's interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,557 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Well Limerick proved one thing today you can win with young lads. Just goes to show when you get rid of the deadwood you are in with a chance. Oldest player on the field starting was Graeme Mulcahy 28 years old. The two youngest Flanagan and Hayes will be the contenders for man of the match with Hayes to shade it.

I know it is a different sport but GAA teams are all about youth nowdays. Well done Limerick.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Well Limerick proved one thing today you can win with young lads. Just goes to show when you get rid of the deadwood you are in with a chance. Oldest player on the field starting was Graeme Mulcahy 28 years old. The two youngest Flanagan and Hayes will be the contenders for man of the match with Hayes to shade it.

I know it is a different sport but GAA teams are all about youth nowdays. Well done Limerick.
    What Limerick proved is that if you have a professional setup and a hungry panel, you can achieve.

The fact that the team had KPIs postered on the walls says it all, targets set, there was no burden of 45 years waiting put on them, rather expectations of puck outs won from the opposition etc. By all accounts they were business like in how they won that final, no panic at any stage. Liam Sheedy was lauding their sports psychologist and rightly so it seems.

Their backroom team sounds top notch and they're shown repeatedly they're the fittest team in the country so there's great credit due to their S&C coach

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

That's our S&C coach. We didn't look tired at the end of our Super 8 games tbf.

That Limerick panel was ravenous all year though.
    The attitude of their players and subs was so professional and manic, it was on another planet to Kerry this year.
    Some Kerry’s older players were actually walking around the Croke Park pitch in the Galway match. It was embarrassing stuff.
    John Kiely built a squad with Limerick, he get rid of any lads who were comfortable on the panel and went with the hungriest lads in Limerick hurling.
    I can’t say the same for Kerry over the last few years.

keane2097 wrote: »
    That's our S&C coach. We didn't look tired at the end of our Super 8 games tbf.

There might be another reason for that in some of those games....:D

Big congrats to our Camoige team on making the Junior All Ireland,after a good few years of getting so far and falling short they now get their chance to play in Croke Park on September 9th against Dublin

Best of luck to all involved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Advertisement