Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭cms88

Disappointing result for the hurlers today. Goals the killer again, four soft enough ones again. A lot of messing in the backs lead to a lot of it. Forwards had some bad wides as well. On the up side the two toughest games are out of the way but will need to win all the others

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

cms88 wrote: »
    Disappointing result for the hurlers today. Goals the killer again, four soft enough ones again. A lot of messing in the backs lead to a lot of it. Forwards had some bad wides as well. On the up side the two toughest games are out of the way but will need to win all the others

When you have three ball winners in the forward line and a goalkeeper that has the longest puck in Kerry hurling the playing short most of the time doesn't make sense to me anyway,

I know its all about possession these days but sometimes just play to your strengths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Kilcummin and Beaufort's finals will be streamed on Saturday on TG4's YouTube channel. Also, the county final of Scór is in Moyvane tomorrow, but note that the quiz won't be held until March 8th in Currans.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭doc_17

Pretty poor the way Fionn Fitzgerald was cut loose. I know he’s not a world beater but he was joint captain in 2014. Surely he deserved a call from the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Kerry_2008

doc_17 wrote: »
    Pretty poor the way Fionn Fitzgerald was cut loose. I know he’s not a world beater but he was joint captain in 2014. Surely he deserved a call from the manager.

I don't get this. It was a new panel. Peter Keane was putting together a new panel of players. It's not his job to ring old panel members. It's not like he rang old selectors or anything to tell them they wouldn't be needed either. If anyone should have been making the call it's the player laison officer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Kerry team named.

2 changes. Jonathan Lyne and Killian Spillane drop out for Dara Moynihan and David Moran (named at 14 but will play out around the middle presumably).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

Team vs Dublin

1 (GK)Shane Ryan

2 Peter Crowley
    3 Jack Sherwood
    4 Brian Ó Beaglaíoch

5 Tadhg Morley
    6 Paul Murphy (c)
    7 Tom O'Sullivan

8 Jack Barry
    9 Adrian Spillane
    10 Diarmuid O'Connor
    11 Sean O'Shea
    12 Dara Moynihan

13 Paul Geaney
    14 David Moran
    15 Stephen O'Brien

Subs:
    16 (GK) Brian Kelly
    17 Jonathan Lyne
    18 Michael Geaney
    19 Gavin Crowley
    20 Gavin O'Brien
    21 Tommy Walsh
    22 Mark Griffin
    23 Jason Foley
    24 Tomás Ó Sé
    25 Shane Enright
    26 Conor Geaney

• Registered Users Posts: 18,556 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Ya I say going to go with three around the middle, play two inside and keep them in there. If Dublin do not play a sweeper in front and go one to one we could get a few goals. Hardest thing is to push up on Dublin kickouts and go man to man if they play a sweeper. It could make a lot of room for half forward line to run into. On our own kickouts it could give us a platform to go long and push Dublin players out and force them to be defensive. You need good fielder's to play that system

Slava Ukrainii

Kerry_2008 wrote: »
    I don't get this. It was a new panel. Peter Keane was putting together a new panel of players. It's not his job to ring old panel members. It's not like he rang old selectors or anything to tell them they wouldn't be needed either. If anyone should have been making the call it's the player laison officer.

Agree. He's not a baby who needs he's hand held. To me he seems more interested in Crokes anyway going by his comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

Hope the weather improves some bit. Going to be a cracking night in town tonight, great day of sport ahead.

• Advertisement

I think Beaufort might be safe enough!

http://twitter.com/LiosAPhuca/status/1094257560755073026

Kilcummin 3-7 to 2-4 up now in the 31st minute, just need to keep the heads, and the double should be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Could McStay in commentary on RTE be any more biased against Kerry?

mystic86 wrote: »

It is just brutal

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭C__MC

Kerry wilting here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭BAM! uhavechlamydia

Did enough to win, young lads will be rightly pleased with tonight's result

Great result but more importantly a great game of football

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭gaffer91

Great game and great win. Had a look at the Dublin thread and there's a bit of whinging about the referee which is obviously garbage- if anything, we were hard done by by Deegan.

Terrific intensity by Kerry although we faded a bit towards the end. A massive psychological boost for all the young lads to know they have it in them to beat the Dubs. Defence seemed a bit porous at times however, especially in the first half.

He was embarrassingly bad.

gaffer91 wrote: »
    He was embarrassingly bad.

Yup. Almost every foul against Kerry, cue McStay 'MM, I dunno, I don't think it was'

• Advertisement

He's always been the same. Almost bad as Martin Carney when it comes to being anti Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I thought it was just me. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Surely the Dubs are too good to go down?

So much for all the whinging about dropping older players. You would wonder why Fitzmaurice was not a bit more adventurous over the last few years. Adrian Spillane is starting to get to the pace of intercounty and may be an option for the last twenty minutes in championship. Starting to look like we might have a functional bench during the summer

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

keane2097 wrote:
    Surely the Dubs are too good to go down?

Too big to fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭gaffer91

Too big to fail?

Normally you get the extra millions after you collapse though, not before...

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Too big to fail?

Lose one more league game and there unlikely to make the playoff :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Great to get the win over Dublin.
    Dara Moynihan a huge find this year!

Am I missing something with Adrian Spillane? Can’t see what he is offering at inter county level in midfield.
    Paul Geaney with some poor decisions and play today. Being dropped for a game would do him no harm.

Sean O Shea seems to have added a lot more pace to his play this year. A joy to watch.

Hopefully a shot of other players will get a chance over the coming month and Peter can unearth another gem.

Forge83 wrote: »
    Great to get the win over Dublin.
    Dara Moynihan a huge find this year!

Am I missing something with Adrian Spillane? Can’t see what he is offering at inter county level in midfield.
    Paul Geaney with some poor decisions and play today. Being dropped for a game would do him no harm.

Sean O Shea seems to have added a lot more pace to his play this year. A joy to watch.

Hopefully a shot of other players will get a chance over the coming month and Peter can unearth another gem.

I think Geaney needs more than one game on the bench, been well below par for quite a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Good win and football of a very high standard for February.

Obviously nothing to get too excited about but good to see players taking opportunity when they get chance in Kerry jersey.

This is probably a 2/3 year project and its exciting to watch what's coming through.

Dublin still the standard bearers and I don't see them being stopped in the summer but we're seeing changes in approach from the last two years which is positive.

Advertisement