Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Kerry for the All Ireland now surely after that fantastic performance. They look the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Usually, you'd say 10 points would be good enough for the League final, so ourselves and Mayo have some wriggle room, at least - wouldn't rule out the Dubs, but they've to play both Mayo and Tyrone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

cms88 wrote: »
    He's always been the same. Almost bad as Martin Carney when it comes to being anti Kerry

Martin isn’t so bad. Heard he posts on boards. Think his name is amprodude on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Nice to see Gavin Crowley get some game time again tonight, didn't get to watch match live but will be catching up. Hope we can keep up the good run of form with no fear of relegation now.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Forge83 wrote: »
    Great to get the win over Dublin.
    Dara Moynihan a huge find this year!

Am I missing something with Adrian Spillane? Can’t see what he is offering at inter county level in midfield.
    Paul Geaney with some poor decisions and play today. Being dropped for a game would do him no harm.

Sean O Shea seems to have added a lot more pace to his play this year. A joy to watch.

Hopefully a shot of other players will get a chance over the coming month and Peter can unearth another gem.

That Kerry midfield would struggle badly in croke park. They'd be blowing hard after 20 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

wazzer1 wrote: »
    That Kerry midfield would struggle badly in croke park. They'd be blowing hard after 20 minutes

This myth about Croke Park. Austin Stack Park is pretty much the same size, if not marginally bigger than Croker. Source

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Same As wrote: »
    This myth about Croke Park. Austin Stack Park is pretty much the same size, if not marginally bigger than Croker. Source

Don't think it's a size issue. Ground harder in summer, fellas fitter and moving faster. I'd have concerns about our mobility in midfield come summertime tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Great win. The Dubs felt it and hated it. League or not they found that one hard to take and that was proven by their scummy behaviour at the end. Couldn't lose gracefully, had to kick off. That's a massive win for Kerry, we still have too much to do to stop the Dublin juggernaut this year imo but the future is definitely looking a lot better than it was this time last year. Next year or the year after we wont be too far away

• Registered Users Posts: 18,556 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Harder ground and a dry ball in the summer will suit our forwards more than most. Not really sure about Sherlock while he has a physical presence his ball handling ability is suspect and he was getting caught in possession tonight. As well with the harder ground in summertime I would be worried about his ability to manage a tricky full forward.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Harder ground and a dry ball in the summer will suit our forwards more than most. Not really sure about Sherlock while he has a physical presence his ball handling ability is suspect and he was getting caught in possession tonight. As well with the harder ground in summertime I would be worried about his ability to manage a tricky full forward.

To be fair to the man he has done very little bad that has led to opposition scores. Caught in possession in forward roles more than defensive. Brian O B and Paul Murphy have turned over more scores than any of our defenders from what I’ve seen. I don’t think either are strong enough defensively. Yes they offer pace and great transfer of ball to forwards but not as primary defenders . Would like for Gavin Crowley,Jason Foley and of course Gavin White when Crokes are finished to get a run of games.

Kevin McCarthy will surely come into the panel after yesterday’s performance.
    Outside of Gavin White who will come in for Crokes. Murphy,Burns, Tony Brosnan, Shaw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Don't think it's a size issue. Ground harder in summer, fellas fitter and moving faster. I'd have concerns about our mobility in midfield come summertime tbh.

As a 2 man midfield Moran and Barry won’t have enough mobility.
    But as mentioned by a previous poster if Keane plays a 3 man field with another more mobile player it could work.

With the hurlers currently winning comfortably against Mayo, the Antrim-Westmeath result could prove critical, with an away win making a Westmeath-Kerry final extremely likely.

And Westmeath duly win by two points, so Kerry's destiny is in their own hands if they can beat Meath and London.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

UCC(K) win the Sigerson. Sean O Shea man of the match with 7 points. Hopefully he'll be given a break this weekend and gets to enjoy the win!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

UCC(K) win the Sigerson. Sean O Shea man of the match with 7 points. Hopefully he'll be given a break this weekend and gets to enjoy the win!

Was watching it, he really stood out, fine player.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Was watching it, he really stood out, fine player.

Paudie Clifford also very impressive for UCC tonight, and throughout the campaign. Daniel O Brien & Graham O Sullivan both also very good tonight.

Why don't they play with kerry if they want to joke ucc (k)? Just saying plenty of colleges in Kerry for football to be played? Nice to see Kerry players wanting to play for Cork teams :)

Amprodude wrote: »
    Why don't they play with kerry if they want to joke ucc (k)? Just saying plenty of colleges in Kerry for football to be played? Nice to see Kerry players wanting to play for Cork teams :)

Because a cork team wouldn't be able to win an all Ireland competition without the Kerry influence.

• Advertisement

kerry37 wrote: »
    Because a cork team wouldn't be able to win an all Ireland competition without the Kerry influence.

Well they were happy to play with Cork. If Cork are so bad why are Kerry players wanting to play with the ucc jerseys?

I realise that might sound a bit blunt or like a troll but it's a fact.

There were only 4 cork players on the starting 15, one was the sub keeper who started. There were 8 Kerry players on the starting 15. One each from Meath, Tipp and Clare. One sub was from cork, one sub was from Kerry, the other 3 used were from Limerick, Clare and Galway.

I know amprodude likes to think hes a giddy troll but I'd really look at the state of your own county before trying to take the pis in here

Well they were happy to play with Cork. If Cork are so bad why are Kerry players wanting to play with the ucc jerseys?

I agree. They looked delighted. And I'm delighted for the Kerry lads on the team. Would you not like to see more cork players being successful? Having over half the starting team from Kerry would show cork players at that level aren't up to much or do all the cork lads travel away for college?

I realise that might sound a bit blunt or like a troll but it's a fact.

There were only 4 cork players on the starting 15, one was the sub keeper who started. There were 8 Kerry players on the starting 15. One each from Meath, Tipp and Clare. One sub was from cork, one sub was from Kerry, the other 3 used were from Limerick, Clare and Galway.

I know amprodude likes to think hes a giddy troll but I'd really look at the state of your own county before trying to take the pis in here

I am asking you why 8 kerry players are wanting to play with a cork team? Genuine question?

I am asking you why 8 kerry players are wanting to play with a cork team? Genuine question?

I'd say it might be because it's where they go to college. I'd imagine if they went to UCD or LIT, they'd play with them too. Hope that helps.

I'd say it might be because it's where they go to college. I'd imagine if they went to UCD or LIT, they'd play with them too. Hope that helps.

But they chose Cork right?

Obviously yes since they're playing for UCC but I'm not sure why that matters?

Is this another one of your poor trolling attempts with no point or have you a point to make?

Edit:

Getting out of the back seat

As most Kerry intercounty players have done for the last century?

• Advertisement

Obviously yes since they're playing for UCC but I'm not sure why that matters?

Is this another one of your poor trolling attempts with no point or have you a point to make?

Just saying.

Advertisement