Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Amprodude wrote: »
    Just saying.

Lol. Thought as much. G'luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Same As wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Mods, can we get rid of this WUM tarnishing the GAA forum for god knows how long.

Not at all. Just stating a fact. If you don't like it well thats fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Not at all. Just stating a fact. If you don't like it well thats fine.

Nothing more extraordinary than UCC being a more established college than Tralee IT, with a broader range of courses.

kerry37 wrote: »
    Obviously yes since they're playing for UCC but I'm not sure why that matters?

Well I'm just amazed that Kerry players who have a high standard of football play with a cork team? Can someone explain that to me? Genuine question.

Nothing more extraordinary than UCC being a more established college than Tralee IT, with a broader range of courses.

Still though it's a Cork team. Broader range of courses but it's a Cork team. Didn't think Kerry players would play with sub standard Cork teams? Just find it good for Cork teams to have Kerry players aspiring to play with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Well I'm just amazed that Kerry players who have a high standard of football play with a cork team? Can someone explain that to me? Genuine question.

You amaze easily. They go to college there, where they have a life, mates etc. for a few years. SO confusing. You must stare at your box of cereal every morning wondering how to get the cereal into the bowl, and be amazed at how everyone else can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭wonga77

Has to be one of the weakest trolling attempts Ive seen for a while. 1/10 and thats being generous

Still though it's a Cork team. Broader range of courses but it's a Cork team. Didn't think Kerry players would play with sub standard Cork teams? Just find it good for Cork teams to have Kerry players aspiring to play with them.

Lol. Nothing to do with wanting a good education, being close to home, good nightlife, nice city, top class college facilities, they're "aspiring" to play for a Cork team is what it comes down to. Yikes.

After this long your efforts should be much better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Why do ye bother??

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Why do ye bother??

I quite enjoy his nonsensical replies tbh. Have visions of him at home chuckling away to himself thinking hes a gas wind up merchant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Embarrassing yourself now tbh. Either that or incredibly stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

I find it good that Kerry can help Cork to win something really, ye poor things need a lot of assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Embarrassing yourself now tbh. Either that or incredibly stupid.

Deep rooted issues there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mod Warning

Can we move on from any further commentary re Amprodude.

He/she has been warned not to post on the Kerry GAA Discussion Thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

So Galway this weekend. They did the double over us last year in League at home and Super 8's in Croker so small bit of a carrot there for the lads if they needed one.

Will be interesting to see who is named at 11 this weekend as Sean O Shea seems to have been given the weekend off following the UCC Sigerson win.

Team I'd like to see possibly:

Shane Ryan

Peter Crowley Jack Sherwood Jason Foley

Paul Murphy Tadhg Morley Tom O'Sullivan

Jack Barry David Moran

Diarmuid O'Connor Kevin McCarthy Dara Moynihan

Gavin O'Brien Paul Geaney Stephen O'Brien

Possible Subs:
    Brian Kelly, Shane Enright, Gavin Crowley, Tommy Walsh, Jonathan Lyne, Michael Geaney, Adrian Spillane, Tomas O'Se, Rob Wharton, Mark Ryan, Tom Leo O'Sullivan

Unavailable this weekend:
    David Clifford (Injured)
    James O'Donoghue (Injured)
    Killian Young (Injured?)
    Shane Murphy (Crokes Club tied)
    Gavin White (Crokes Club tied)
    Micheal Burns (Crokes Club tied)
    David Shaw (Crokes Club tied)
    Michael Potts (Crokes Club tied)
    Sean O'Shea (Sigerson Win/Break)
    Conor Geaney (Sigerson Win/Break?)
    Killian Spillane (Sigerson Win/Break?)
    Graham O'Sullivan (Sigerson Win/Break?)
    Brian O'Beaglaoich (Suspended)

While I'm pretty confident we can get a result this weekend, we're fairly threadbare for scoring forwards to introduce if things not going our way. Galway are equally missing quite a number of lads through injuries or club commitments through Corofin (Comer, Ian Burke namely).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

So Galway this weekend. They did the double over us last year in League at home and Super 8's in Croker so small bit of a carrot there for the lads if they needed one.

Will be interesting to see who is named at 11 this weekend as Sean O Shea seems to have been given the weekend off following the UCC Sigerson win.

Team I'd like to see possibly:

Shane Ryan

Peter Crowley Jack Sherwood Jason Foley

Paul Murphy Tadhg Morley Tom O'Sullivan

Jack Barry David Moran

Diarmuid O'Connor Kevin McCarthy Dara Moynihan

Gavin O'Brien Paul Geaney Stephen O'Brien

Possible Subs:
    Brian Kelly, Shane Enright, Gavin Crowley, Tommy Walsh, Jonathan Lyne, Michael Geaney, Adrian Spillane, Tomas O'Se, Rob Wharton, Mark Ryan, Tom Leo O'Sullivan

Unavailable this weekend:
    David Clifford (Injured)
    James O'Donoghue (Injured)
    Killian Young (Injured?)
    Shane Murphy (Crokes Club tied)
    Gavin White (Crokes Club tied)
    Micheal Burns (Crokes Club tied)
    David Shaw (Crokes Club tied)
    Michael Potts (Crokes Club tied)
    Sean O'Shea (Sigerson Win/Break)
    Conor Geaney (Sigerson Win/Break?)
    Killian Spillane (Sigerson Win/Break?)
    Graham O'Sullivan (Sigerson Win/Break?)
    Brian O'Beaglaoich (Suspended)

While I'm pretty confident we can get a result this weekend, we're fairly threadbare for scoring forwards to introduce if things not going our way. Galway are equally missing quite a number of lads through injuries or club commitments through Corofin (Comer, Ian Burke namely).

Paul Geaney and Jack Sherwood are carrying knocks from the Dublin game. Kevin McCarthy didn't do a whole lot of training before the club All-Ireland with his arm so I wouldn't be surprised if he was eased back into things. Wouldnt be surprised to see any of them on the subs bench.

Team v Galway:

Shane Ryan

Peter Crowley
    Jack Sherwood
    Shane Enright

Gavin Crowley
    Paul Murphy
    Tom O'Sullivan

Jack Barry
    Mark Griffin

Diarmuid O'Connor
    Sean O'Shea
    Gavin O'Brien

Dara Moynihan
    Tommy Walsh
    Stephen O'Brien

Subs

Brian Kelly
    Jonathan Lyne
    Michael Geaney
    Tadhg Morley
    Kevin McCarthy
    Graham O'Sullivan
    Conor Geaney
    Tomás Ó Sé
    Jason Foley
    Killian Spillane
    Denis Daly

Strangely, no updates on the hurlers from either the Kerry GAA or London GAA Twitter accounts.

Kerry up 2-8 to 0-3, Mike O'Halloran reports.

Points appear in the bag already, 2-13 to 0-6 at HT.

• Advertisement

Finished 3-27 to 1-11, meanwhile the Sem and Pobalscoil will have to replay next week, after ending 1-9 to 0-12.

Congrats to Shane Conway, six points and a Fitzgibbon Cup winners' medal!

Peter Keane's record as a a manger with Kerry teams:

WWWWWW-WWWWWW-WWWWWW-WWWW

Hopefully add another one to that line this weekend but don't think it's clearcut as the bookies make it out to be.

We've found it tough against Monaghan in recent years, last 5 games:

2018 Super 8: Draw (away)
    2018 League: 2 point Loss (Away)
    2017 League: 1 point Loss (Home)
    2016 League: 8 Point Win (Away)
    2015 League: 4 Point Loss (Home)

They're travelling down here, a bit down on their luck and needing a result. A dangerous recipe. Despite all of this our recent form makes me hopeful of us getting a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Peter Keane's record as a a manger with Kerry teams:

WWWWWW-WWWWWW-WWWWWW-WWWW

Hopefully add another one to that line this weekend but don't think it's clearcut as the bookies make it out to be.

We've found it tough against Monaghan in recent years, last 5 games:

2018 Super 8: Draw (away)
    2018 League: 2 point Loss (Away)
    2017 League: 1 point Loss (Home)
    2016 League: 8 Point Win (Away)
    2015 League: 4 Point Loss (Home)

They're travelling down here, a bit down on their luck and needing a result. A dangerous recipe. Despite all of this our recent form makes me hopeful of us getting a result.

Phenomenal record by Keane but it has to end some time. Monaghan are missing some key players and don’t really have the depth to deal with that so they could be vulnerable, despite Monaghans good record v Kerry I think we will shade it tbh.

One more win should probably see Kerry in the final. It would be nice to have that to look forward to as the break between the league and championship seems to drag on forever.

Seems the hurlers had a strong 2nd half in Killarney. Down 8 points to 7point at half time. They won 3-15 to 8 points. Meath wont be happy with themselves.

Pitch inspection ahead of the football.

Great comeback by the lads - much like the Galway game, they'll learn more for the season ahead from a tough, physical challenge in hard conditions. Just need a draw from the last two games to make certain of the League Final place, wouldn't be surprised at all if the Dubs still snuck into second by the final round.

http://twitter.com/GAALeagueTables/status/1102248981936115712

Thawing out here, great win!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Great comeback by the lads - much like the Galway game, they'll learn more for the season ahead from a tough, physical challenge in hard conditions. Just need a draw from the last two games to make certain of the League Final place, wouldn't be surprised at all if the Dubs still snuck into second by the final round.

http://twitter.com/GAALeagueTables/status/1102248981936115712

Are we not already in the final given we have the head to head advantage over the others?

Dublin must be strong favourites to join us as I can’t see them dropping any more points.

Good stuff today I thought O’Shea and Walsh were brilliant, Barry in the middle did some amount of work too. I wasn’t really gone on bringing Tommy back in to the setup but he looks like he could really contribute in the summer. It’s a pity the mark won’t be in force for the championship I think it really suits his skillset

Edit: apologies mayo still in the mix and we’ve to play them next you are right one more point needed but it would take a very unlikely set of results to see us miss out at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

Are we not already in the final given we have the head to head advantage over the others?

Dublin must be strong favourites to join us as I can’t see them dropping any more points.

Good stuff today I thought O’Shea and Walsh were brilliant, Barry in the middle did some amount of work too. I wasn’t really gone on bringing Tommy back in to the setup but he looks like he could really contribute in the summer. It’s a pity the mark won’t be in force for the championship I think it really suits his skillset

Edit: apologies mayo still in the mix and we’ve to play them next you are right one more point needed but it would take a very unlikely set of results to see us miss out at this stage

Walsh was fantastic today. He didn’t stop running off the ball which is hard for a big man. O Shea really turned it on in the second half. Graham O Sullivan looked very promising when he came on. O Beaglaoch lacks intensity in my opinion for senior inter county.
    P Crowley not the guy to turn to man mark the likes of McManus, got turned inside out in the first half.
    A few mistakes by Ryan today which could have cost us goals. I like him but was Fitzmaurice right? Does he need to play in goals more for his club to hone his skills?

Advertisement