Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

1 down. Big wind for Westmeath. Looks lost now with less than 10mins to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

All over now, 0-12 to 0-10 - all eyes on the Joe McDonagh now, where today's winners, Offaly, Laois and Antrim await.

All over now, 0-12 to 0-10 - all eyes on the Joe McDonagh now, where today's winners, Offaly, Laois and Antrim await.

And Offaly will now join Kerry in 2A next year, after losing to Carlow in their playoff.

Gutted. A 5 point half time lead but 1 point in the second half doesn't cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Gutted. A 5 point half time lead but 1 point in the second half doesn't cut it.

All seemed to go down hill when Mikey Boyle went off. Surely an injury?
    Surely they should have brought on a strong defender as his replacement when against such a strong wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

http://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/1106645990709362690

Clifford was on the bench for Fossa last week, so might be fit enough for a 10-minute cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

http://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/1106645990709362690

Clifford was on the bench for Fossa last week, so might be fit enough for a 10-minute cameo.

If he was actually numbered 27 on the team list submitted to Croke Park he is not actually eligible to play.

Foolish carry-on naming 27 players imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    If he was actually numbered 27 on the team list submitted to Croke Park he is not actually eligible to play.

Foolish carry-on naming 27 players imo.

really? never heard of this, what's the message Keane is sending out so, is it a message to both Clifford and the fans that he is very close to a return?

mystic86 wrote: »
    really? never heard of this, what's the message Keane is sending out so, is it a message to both Clifford and the fans that he is very close to a return?

Yes, probably that he'll be ready for the Championship, but not yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

mystic86 wrote: »

Don't know - Keane already said in an interview during the week that Clifford wasn't far off returning so as I said seems a bit pointless.

Also for the Galway game Mark Ryan from Rathmore was named as number 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,556 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Delighted to see Morley in at FB. If Keane intends to start Paul Murphy at CB for championship Morley is the only real option at FB especially with Gavin White as an option at WB.

Slava Ukrainii

Delighted to see Morley in at FB. If Keane intends to start Paul Murphy at CB for championship Morley is the only real option at FB especially with Gavin White as an option at WB.

Sherwood has been one of our most consistent defenders throughout the League. Picked up a little injury against Monaghan so he isn't risked here I imagine.

Sherwood is faster and more physical than Morley.

Tadhg will have to have a couple of storming games to convince me that he is better at Full Back than Sherwood.

Selling a spare ticket for tonight, PM if interested, but would have to meet outside pitch in 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

:-)
    Mod: Permabanned.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Amprodude wrote: »

:D At least Cork came out in solidarity with us for a rare loss...oh wait.

The Division One table:

https://twitter.com/GAALeagueTables/status/1107019794895777794

Technically, we could be nudged out on points difference, but Galway aren't exactly high scorers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

:D At least Cork came out in solidarity with us for a rare loss...oh wait.

Ha up Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Technically, we could be nudged out on points difference, but Galway aren't exactly high scorers!

Is it head to head and then points difference or does points difference come first?

Actual GAA website has Mayo ahead of Galway due to the points difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,241 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Is it head to head and then points difference or does points difference come first?

Actual GAA website has Mayo ahead of Galway due to the points difference.

Two teams tied it head to head.

Three or more tied and it's scoring difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Roscommon were poor again today by all accounts. Would be nice to get some decent weather for that game and hopefully should be safe enough then. Just from watching on tv, thought Tommy Walsh did well again tonight. Sean O Shea worked hard again and couldn’t blame his efforts from free late on against that wind. I still have doubts about O Beaglaioch but I suppose will have the likes of Gavin White back in awhile. Don’t think Griffin midfield would do either but it’s essential for mobility around the middle and Moran is going to be lacking in that more and more. Tomas O Se looked lively again when he came on, hopefully more to come from him as the year progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Think today won't do us any harm, tempers expectations and gives us more to work on. As dire as we were for large parts, we would have likely gotten a positive result only for the goal (which I know sounds obvious).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

We were poor for a lot of the Monaghan game as well so this loss is no bad thing at all. Take stock and have a good look at what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Laochra Gael Colm Cooper 17.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

munster87 wrote: »
    Roscommon were poor again today by all accounts. Would be nice to get some decent weather for that game and hopefully should be safe enough then. Just from watching on tv, thought Tommy Walsh did well again tonight. Sean O Shea worked hard again and couldn’t blame his efforts from free late on against that wind. I still have doubts about O Beaglaioch but I suppose will have the likes of Gavin White back in awhile. Don’t think Griffin midfield would do either but it’s essential for mobility around the middle and Moran is going to be lacking in that more and more. Tomas O Se looked lively again when he came on, hopefully more to come from him as the year progresses.

Mcloughlin cleaned out O Beaglaoich in the first 15/20mins before Tom O Sullivan was switched on him and did a good job. This was the time period we lost the match realistically. Sherwood at full back with Morley at corner a better option. Surprised Jason Foley isn’t been given more game time.
    Gavin White should come straight into half back line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Think today won't do us any harm, tempers expectations and gives us more to work on. As dire as we were for large parts, we would have likely gotten a positive result only for the goal (which I know sounds obvious).

He wasn't on all that long but that score he got was vintage O'Donoghue. Always a handful

Some asset if he can stay fit.

Dont think ye should be all that worried, mayo were always going to be chomping at the bit and it was fairly horrendous conditions. In a league final anyway barring something extraordinary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭acequion

I had it on in the car and about 15 mins into the second half it was 7-5 in favour of Kerry. Then I had to go so missed the rest. Couldn't believe when I heard we lost! All the activity must have come in the last 20 mins! And all the scoring too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

acequion wrote: »
    I had it on in the car and about 15 mins into the second half it was 7-5 in favour of Kerry. Then I had to go so missed the rest. Couldn't believe when I heard we lost! All the activity must have come in the last 20 mins! And all the scoring too.

Very strong wind

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

jr86 wrote: »
    Very strong wind

For both halves.

• Advertisement

Amprodude wrote: »
    Mod: Permabanned.

Between the Kerry game, the Crokes game and the Ireland Rugby game this is probably the only bit of good news this weekend. :o

Advertisement