Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I see no reason not to be hopeful of beating Mayo next weekend. They are no great shakes. When they beat us during the league O’Shea and Ruane ran the show both times. Ruane is out and Moran is back to match up with O’Shea, Barry was not able for him, Moran is much stronger and a better fit for this job.

It’s a huge game for Barry who has not really delivered on his initial promise but plays well in patches.

We need to get our setup right and cut out the mistakes and discipline issues. If we do that I give us every chance. Mayo will do everything they can to throw Kerry off and incite retaliation from our inexperienced young players, hopefully Donie will be able to prepare them for that aspect.

Obviously the team needs to improve across the board and they need to protect the full back line better. I’ll be interested to see how Keane sets up for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Ah c'mere, self praise is no praise.

i am a clare man i was standing behind the goal when this rasper went in , it still remains the best goal i ever seen , we had a real chance of winning that game that day until that goal ,you need to be able to praise opposition when they beat you too especially when its as empathic as that and the person that scored it as humble as pa laide who meant every bit of it but tried to play it down as a fluke

there is huge respect between clare and kerry in football because of this type of attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is the game being streamed live?

On last nights Sunday Game its the hurling that's on live next Sunday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Is the game being streamed live?

On last nights Sunday Game its the hurling that's on live next Sunday

Kerry v Mayo is live on RTE 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I cannot see the tickets for the match next weekend in Killarney on GAA tickets. Is it through the club's only

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I cannot see the tickets for the match next weekend in Killarney on GAA tickets. Is it through the club's only

Lots of issues apparently according to the championship thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

According to Kerry GAA and tickets.ie, they're waiting on an update from the GAA but it'll be this afternoon at the earliest before they're available. God forbid the GAA would mention anything or give a solid timeframe!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

According to Kerry GAA and tickets.ie, they're waiting on an update from the GAA but it'll be this afternoon at the earliest before they're available. God forbid the GAA would mention anything or give a solid timeframe!

Will it be a sellout? If the capacity is limited it could be tight I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Will it be a sellout? If the capacity is limited it could be tight I suppose

If it's limited to close to 30,000 I don't see why it shouldn't sell out - Mayo will bring a massive travelling crowd and you'd hope that we will match it, especially at home in a crunch game.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

Tickets are on sale again now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,241 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

davegilly wrote: »

Not on tickets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

davegilly wrote: »

Just got some, thanks for heads up. Still a general admission ticket so will be interesting to see what crowd is capped at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

Not on tickets.ie

Up here https://gaa.tickets.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Capacity limited to 31,900.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Capacity limited to 31,900.

That should be roomy enough even if it sells out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Its great to see these big matches going out around the country. I know we query the need for stadiums in every province but when you have pairings like Kerry Mayo there is a need.
    If the Dublin Cork was in Cork it would fill the stadium.

i am a clare man i was standing behind the goal when this rasper went in , it still remains the best goal i ever seen , we had a real chance of winning that game that day until that goal ,you need to be able to praise opposition when they beat you too especially when its as empathic as that and the person that scored it as humble as pa laide who meant every bit of it but tried to play it down as a fluke

there is huge respect between clare and kerry in football because of this type of attitude

I thought you were the player that scored it, it was a good goal in fairness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Any decent spots for some rebel/irish music Saturday in Killarney folks?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

If the Tyrone team bus was there you’d be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

O Connors on high street from 9 to 11ish. Also maybe sullys across the road. Tatler Jack on Plunkett street late.

Dunloe lodge on Plunkett street if you wanna get a real smell of sweaty farmers and shíte. Music so loud you cant even talk but all the rebs you want will be belted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Edgware wrote: »
    Its great to see these big matches going out around the country. I know we query the need for stadiums in every province but when you have pairings like Kerry Mayo there is a need.
    If the Dublin Cork was in Cork it would fill the stadium.

45000. I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Blackjack wrote: »
    If the Tyrone team bus was there you’d be sorted.

:D
    dobman88 wrote: »
    O Connors on high street from 9 to 11ish. Also maybe sullys across the road. Tatler Jack on Plunkett street late.

Dunloe lodge on Plunkett street if you wanna get a real smell of sweaty farmers and shíte. Music so loud you cant even talk but all the rebs you want will be belted out.

That's the job, fair play!

Fann Linn wrote: »
    45000. I don't think so.

I agree, the vast majority of Dub fans have no idea what it's like to support a team playing away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I agree, the vast majority of Dub fans have no idea what it's like to support a team playing away from home.

True, and with it being in CP its handy as half of the vast amount of Country Fans are living in Dublin anyway.

Stoner wrote: »
    True, and with it being in CP its handy as half of the vast amount of Country Fans are living in Dublin anyway.

Head shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

And their kids will play for Dublin! :D

munster87 wrote: »

BOOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

1 of the Dublins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Worked in Dublin for a couple of years and the thought of that made me sick. Thankfully, ours arrived when back in Kerry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Adam Moynihan is a Killarney based journalist working for the Killarney Advertiser and is relatively new to the industry. He's a sound chap and knows his stuff. He is trying his hand at a podcast and interviews Shane Murphy from Dr. Crokes. Its only 17 mins and worth a listen. It's kind of a shill as Adam is a friend of mine but his work definitely merits attention. And yes, he asks him about his place with Kerry.

https://twitter.com/AdamMoynihan/status/1149735323720699904?s=19

Advertisement