Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Ryan
    Foley Morley Sullivan
    Murphy Sherwood White
    Moran O’Connor
    Burns O’Shea O’Brien
    Clifford Geaney Moynihan

Decent team on paper anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

No subs released for some reason. I think we will get ripped apart by Mayo and as good as that forward line is, they wont be able to save us.

1 Shane Ryan
    2 Jason Foley
    3 Tadhg Morley
    4 Tom O'Sullivan
    5 Paul Murphy
    6 Jack Sherwood
    7 Gavin White
    8 David Moran
    9 Diarmuid O'Connor
    10 Micheál Burns
    11 Sean O'Shea
    12 Stephen O'Brien
    13 David Clifford
    14 Paul Geaney
    15 Dara Moynihan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Any decent spots for some rebel/irish music Saturday in Killarney folks?!
    Shouldnt be a problem. Plenty of bar stool republicans in Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Edgware wrote: »
    Any decent spots for some rebel/irish music Saturday in Killarney folks?!
    Shouldnt be a problem. Plenty of bar stool republicans in Kerry

Plenty of us in Mayo too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

munster87 wrote: »
    Ryan
    Foley Morley Sullivan
    Murphy Sherwood White
    Moran O’Connor
    Burns O’Shea O’Brien
    Clifford Geaney Moynihan

Decent team on paper anyway

Must be one of the most inexperienced Kerry teams to ever start a championship game v Mayo? and Mayo will likely line out with 11 or 12 of their AI final starting team of 2 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

Must be one of the most inexperienced Kerry teams to ever start a championship game v Mayo? and Mayo will likely line out with 11 or 12 of their AI final starting team of 2 years ago.

Yeah delighted, these games will be the making of the likes of Dara Moynihan and Diarmuid O’Connor for the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

Paul Geaney a weak link at full forward. His attitude and scoring is not good enough this last two years.

He is getting too many chances.

I would of started Tommy Walsh full forward and either bring on O Donoghue or Geaney when he tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

PK reported no injuries earlier so presumably Jack Barry has been dropped. His form has been up and down but he is a big man who can tackle and bottle up a runner. Likewise Gavin Crowley. Two players who have done well v mayo in the past too.

I find the team very surprising. Perhaps there will be changes before throw in.
    If not then I wonder what the plan is? Mayo will run through that team at their ease. They will be delighted if that is what they are facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Where beat for parking lads? Will be coming in the N22 though Farranfore.

Where beat for parking lads? Will be coming in the N22 though Farranfore.

Number 2 here. Easy in, easy out. Less than a 5 minute walk to stadium. Always use it whenever I drive and it's open.

https://twitter.com/fitzgeraldstad/status/1149449539591581698?s=19

• Advertisement

Coming from Farranfore car parks 5&6 are good options, you take the left just before driving down the hill into Killarney. But theyd be close to a 20 minute walk to stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

PK reported no injuries earlier so presumably Jack Barry has been dropped. His form has been up and down but he is a big man who can tackle and bottle up a runner. Likewise Gavin Crowley. Two players who have done well v mayo in the past too.

I find the team very surprising. Perhaps there will be changes before throw in.
    If not then I wonder what the plan is? Mayo will run through that team at their ease. They will be delighted if that is what they are facing.

I think there will be a few changes before kick off. Very strange no subs named, are we in for some weird surprise I wonder....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,241 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Forge83 wrote: »
    I think there will be a few changes before kick off. Very strange no subs named, are we in for some weird surprise I wonder....

A lot of teams don't name their bench at the same time as the starting 15.

And it's throw in, not kickoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

dobman88 wrote: »
    Coming from Farranfore car parks 5&6 are good options, you take the left just before driving down the hill into Killarney. But theyd be close to a 20 minute walk to stadium.

Don't mind the walk if they would be handier to get out off. The Mayo traffic will all be coming in that side. Cheers for the info lads, should be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

Hi guys, I'll be coming into Killarney on the N22 Rathmore/Mallow road tomorrow. Is there parking on that side of the town as I'll be heading back that way afterwards?

I plan on getting there about 2 hours before throw in.

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'll be coming into Killarney on the N22 Rathmore/Mallow road tomorrow. Is there parking on that side of the town as I'll be heading back that way afterwards?

There is a post a few posts back with a link to a twitter post with a parking map of Killarney

There is feck all that side

You might get something on the side of the road facing back the way you cam, it's not that long a walk to the ground

RedDevil55 wrote: »

You're better off parking in number 2 in the tweet I posted above. In my experience it would be mental to try and park somewhere in towards town as it's a total nightmare getting out after. The designated car parks will have Garda directing traffic out to ensure it runs as smooth as possible.

Just to note for anyone arriving early. Celtic Steps will be performing from 2.30pm and it's well worth heading in for that as they put on an amazing show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Well done.

Clinical performance today.

Clifford and most especially Moran were outstanding today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Having a beer after the game.

Foley. O se. Moran. Clifford immense.

Mayo looked knackered.

Ref was appalling in the second half for us.

Delighted. Will enjoy today.

Donegal will show us if it was a once off at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

I think the performance of Shane Ryan is being underrated.

I thought he was very assured and composed. He made the kick outs look easy. And the penalty save was incredible. It was heading for the top corner until he saved it with his fingertips.

Today reminded me a lot of the qualifier against Tyrone in Killarney from a few years ago. Defeat today was unthinkable for Kerry. And they blew Mayo away

Forge83 wrote: »

This was spot on, fair play. Shane Enright coming in was certainly a surprise but he did the job just fine. Thought James O D did well as a type of playmaker too. Got on a lot of ball and fed the lads inside well.

Very happy my prediction of Mayo giving them a hiding was well wrong. I did not see that performance in them but I'm a very happy man this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Gavin Crowley was very good from where I was sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Very happy with the performance. Really hungry.

We finally got a good crowd behind us. Hope we get the same up to Croke Park next weekend. Donegal fans will travel well.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Very happy with the performance. Really hungry.

We finally got a good crowd behind us.
    Hope we get the same up to Croke Park next weekend. Donegal fans will travel well.

Yes I noticed that myself

Unlike other games where traveling Mayo fans seem to be in the majority (noise making anyway), Kerry really had the fans out in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

A rare visit.

But I liked the Jersey yesterday. Gold sounds like a terrible idea, but I thought the retro Adidas ringer style looked great.

That's all I have to say. Good bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Watching the Kerry match back. How the hell did Aidan O'Shea get away with kicking Spillane in the back of the head?
    Not only did he avoid a red card but he actually got a free kick out of it!

Diarmuid sorted him out at the next kickout. Should have been a black card obviously but no harm for O'Shea to get a taste of his own medicine.

After spending today thinking about the game, the main thing I'm taking from it is the difference in kick out strategy than when Fitzmaurice was in charge. There actually looked to be a plan for almost every eventuality yesterday and it was great to see.

That Stephen O Brien catch was sensational. Running backwards, towards Donie Vaughan who has been one of the toughest footballers of the last decade, expecting contact and not only does he catch it clean but he puts Vaughan on his arse doing it. I've never cheered a catch before but that one did it for me. Brilliant stuff from him and it just epitomised the performance for me.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Watching the Kerry match back. How the hell did Aidan O'Shea get away with kicking Spillane in the back of the head?
    Not only did he avoid a red card but he actually got a free kick out of it!

Diarmuid sorted him out at the next kickout. Should have been a black card obviously but no harm for O'Shea to get a taste of his own medicine.

Better watch what I say cos the Mayo lads are around and apparently not happy with some posts but what else would you expect from O Shea at this stage. Definitely deliberate. Delighted to see Moran clean up after he was laughing in his face before throw in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is the game up on RTE player? Can't find it. Would appreciate if someone could link me to it.

Advertisement