Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Yeah but Shanahan was blessed not to get red for his foul on Regan. Jack Savage threw a late hit to a Mayo players head. Very lucky.

These things go both ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Yeah but Shanahan was blessed not to get red for his foul on Regan. Jack Savage threw a late hit to a Mayo players head. Very lucky.

These things go both ways.

Indeed they do but doesn't change fact call on O'Beaglaioch was a bad one.

Few Mayo lads lucky enuf to stay on pitch. Barry Moran esp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

What was with that jersey tonight? Absolutely horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

thelad95 wrote: »
    What was with that jersey tonight? Absolutely horrific.

One of the worst I have seen

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Have to say Im not gone on that jersey either,we wont see much of it though

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Lets not get ahead of ourselves too much, we have Monaghan away next but I am very impressed so far with this new squad of young lads. We have gone from avoiding relegation talk to the possible defense of our league title. One thing for sure is that the Croker Show Down with the Dubs will be a cracker. I've heard talk of Micko's men and drawing comparison to the clean sweep of 1975. After 4 minors in a row we can surely produce something good this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

conor05 wrote: »
    Paul Murphy and Paul Geaney are on another level.

Just like they were in 2017.
    I know it will hardly bother Murphy now that he was overlooked for an All-Star but his display in the 2 games so far proves his all year round consistency. As prominent in January/February as he is in August.
    Some 'experts' even claimed Geaney was lucky to get one. Laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

impressive win tonight with 13 men ,most of whom are inexperienced at this level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

I need something cleared up- can anyone give me a medical reason as to why Cillian (and Diarmuid) o connor both go down holding their face when pushed in the back, chest, calf muscle, etc.

James horan called Johnny cooper a cheat during the week so I can’t wait to hear his comments on the Mayo diving divas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

James horan called Johnny cooper a cheat during the week so I can’t wait to hear his comments on the Mayo diving divas
    You'll hear nothing from him there.

• Advertisement

Mayos tactic has always been to try to antagonise and intimidate off the ball- and then to hit the deck at the slightest hint of a reaction.

Last night was no different and there’s actually a good video on YouTube by someone called mayomick that shows it happening

The reaction of their players to the penalty miss- whereby 3/4 went in to shout in Sean o se’s face was ludicrous and pathetic.

If they could get Cillian o connor to spend more time on his basic kicking and less on trying to get players sent off then they might actually bring their annual pity parade to an end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

If they could get Cillian o connor to spend more time on his basic kicking and less on trying to get players sent off then they might actually bring their annual pity parade to an end

look at you own bucko kieran donaghy the biggest ball bag to go down to win frees. He kicks out when he doesn't get his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Same As

As an aside, somebody needs to have a word in the ear of Jack Savage. I love a guy to have a bit of cut, but he can count himself extremely lucky to not have been shown the line for a stupid dig he threw when we were already down to 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

Mayos tactic has always been to try to antagonise and intimidate off the ball- and then to hit the deck at the slightest hint of a reaction.

Last night was no different and there’s actually a good video on YouTube by someone called mayomick that shows it happening

The reaction of their players to the penalty miss- whereby 3/4 went in to shout in Sean o se’s face was ludicrous and pathetic.

Sad, pathetic and typical, medication not working obviously.

wackokid wrote: »
    Sad, pathetic and typical, medication not working obviously.

You ok hun?
    Watch (Cillian) o connor in every game- same diving, whinging nonsense.
    If you don’t agree with that then you are just blindly deluding yourself- but yeah go ahead and ignore addressing the point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

You ok hun?
    Watch (Cillian) o connor in every game- same diving, whinging nonsense.
    If you don’t agree with that then you are just blindly deluding yourself- but yeah go ahead and ignore addressing the point

Watch james o donoghue go down with the slightest touch, watch the antics of donaghy, watch the antics of Barry John Keane. There are plenty of examples to clean up your own game before pointing the finger at other counties

Some muppets require glasses before pointing the finger at players outside your county

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

giphy.gif

Watch james o donoghue go down with the slightest touch, watch the antics of donaghy, watch the antics of Barry John Keane. There are plenty of examples to clean up your own game before pointing the finger at other counties

Some muppets require glasses before pointing the finger at players outside your county

Give me an example so- rather than a pile of suggestive statements.
    Show me an instance where any of the named 3 players have feigned injury to try get another sent off

keane2097 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I’m struggling to grasp what these “antics” of Barry John are!
    If it’s referring to one instance in the final 4 years ago then it’s not comparable to what we are discussing but how bad ever

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Mayo are by far the worst offenders when it comes to those antics.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/people-seriously-pissed-off-aidan-osheas-dive-win-penalty-86474

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Why's that now?

One must reflect inwardly on ones team prior to making an assertion upon another team is it? I'm confused as per why that has to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Poor result for the hurlers today against Carlow a very flat performance, Carlow won 1-18 to 1-11,fully deserved win for them

Away to Kildare now next week

I’m struggling to grasp what these “antics” of Barry John are!
    If it’s referring to one instance in the final 4 years ago then it’s not comparable to what we are discussing but how bad ever

That was a high profile incident and to be fair it was cat, but I wouldn't think he would ever really do anything out of the way to anyone on the field. It wouldn't be in him. He really is one of the nicest lads you could ever hope to meet - we're very proud of him in that regard.

That was a high profile incident and to be fair it was cat, but I wouldn't think he would ever really do anything out of the way to anyone on the field. It wouldn't be in him. He really is one of the nicest lads you could ever hope to meet - we're very proud of him in that regard.

I agree- I cant think of an incident where he has gone out of his way to dive/feign injury to get another sent off.
    On striking someone- i cant think of one either to be honest so I'm not quite sure why he was dragged in to this- well other than the obvious that he looks like a bit of a scut!

I agree- I cant think of an incident where he has gone out of his way to dive/feign injury to get another sent off.
    On striking someone- i cant think of one either to be honest so I'm not quite sure why he was dragged in to this- well other than the obvious that he looks like a bit of a scut!

About ten years ago I remember himself and Noel O'Leary were sent off in a league game in Tralee, I can't remember what happened exactly. Other than that I can't think of any incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Good stuff last night. I wouldn’t be getting carried away or anything as Mayo were absolutely woeful but I think the Kerry lads have done as much as you could ask of them at this stage.

We look to have found 4-5 genuine championship starters. Crowley, O’Shea and Foley the pick of the bunch so far and O’Beaglaoich was good last night as well before the black card. Clifford and Burns have done well too and are very much in contention. Darren, Donnacha, Johnny Buckley and the others must be getting worried. There’ll be a real scrap for places come the summer.

If I was to pick out a negative, our discipline is shocking, and we are still all over the shop when teams run at us. There’s lots of time to work on it but it seems to be an issue for several years now regardless of personnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

BJK the instigator there for sure, Noel is a lovely lad, very sane

Did it look like we had more of a defensive structure last night compared to vs Donegal?

It's worrying how our tactical approach seem to lurch around from game to game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Did it look like we had more of a defensive structure last night compared to vs Donegal?

We were better last night with more cover provided, probably some adjustments done after conceding 3-14 last week. I think O’Beaglaoich steadied things a bit and Mayo didn’t have a Mcbrearty figure to cause havoc. I don’t mind a bit of tactical trial and error this time of the year but it’s the systematic fouling that worries me. It seems to be a constant for the past few years and you can’t beat the better teams during the summer with 14 men.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Thats a great asset to be able to play several different gameplans and your opposition my not know what to do. Remember back in 2014 we went in as underdogs and Ftzmaurice beat Donegal at their own game with probably the worst game of puke Football a Kerry team every played but we ground down Donegal and beat them at their own game.

Several different styles will be a added advantage and let the opposition scratching their heads.

Advertisement